The Amazing Race April 15 -- Let Them Drink Their Haterade

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shan, Apr 16, 2012.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Okay so here we go with the double u-turn episode!! :watch:

2. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

The water task can take a long time. Vanessa and Ralph are so lost.

3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that the Border Patrol didn't just switch when they saw the line. Maybe they felt bad because they were bringing water to that family.

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl: at the first time a team is mad even though they didn't get u-turned.

I am happy at the lack of :drama: for teams being u-turned!! I'm crossing my fingers that Mark/Bopper can hang on to 1st place!!!

5. Lilia A

To be honest, I would have done that too, even with the long wait. Because it's a nice thing to do. And besides, I'm terrible with bikes (I can't even ride one very well :eek:).

6. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I'll cheer if any of the current bottem 3 are eliminated. Idiots, jerks and bitches all. The top 3 should be army, bopper and mark and border patrol. I really hope bopper and mark can pull out a win in the end.

PML at Rachel spilling the water. She deserved that.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  7. Lilia A

I must have missed something. Who was mad they didn't get U-turned?

Is it Art and JJ? I know they were mad Dave and Rachel didn't U-turn Brenchel. If I were Dave and Rachel, I would just say "whoops, I forgot" lol.

Roadblock = :yikes::scream::yikes::yikes::scream: I hate BEES

8. Lilia A

Art and JJ: Just shut up.

9. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Word.

The bees would've freaked me out, even with the protective gear.

:cheer2: Bopper/Mark. I'm worried about the knee though.

:rolleyes: at Rachel crying in the cab... Brendon has been okay this leg.

10. Lilia A

I wonder just how far behind the LadyGents really are? They seem to have started way after the rest to still be in last after TWO teams were U-turned. And they still have the Speed Bump.

I think this is it for them...and for me in the suicide TAR game ;) I knew I should have changed my pick :lol: oh well

11. shan

shan Well-Known Member

They were a good 3 hours behind, but Ralph and Vanessa appear to have the worst luck. You may skate through, particularly if the Speed Bump is the normal "sit on a block of ice" type.

12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed for Nary/Jamie. The Speed Bump challenge was an actual task. When was the last time that happened??? :( pseudo-teachers.

13. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Federal Agents were just too far behind at the start. :( And they probably didn't do the tires too fast.

Art and JJ seriously need to get over themselves. I cannot believe I'm kinda rooting for Big Brother now in comparison. :yikes:

TAR finally came up with a task I'd be genuinely freaked (as opposed to unable) to do. Bees :scream:

And just wow at that Safari. :swoon: I want to go to Tanzania now!!!

14. Lilia A

So long LadyGents.

So long prediction game :violin::wuzrobbed :lol:

Next week: As I said, Art and JJ ---> just shut up and race. Ooooh dancing, I wonder if we will see some teams with DanDrew style Bollywood dancing. But hey, noone can beat DanDrew when it comes to awkwardness.

15. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

TAR editors are sooooooo meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean! :drama: Teasing me with the delicious possibility that Angel and her Bodyguard would go out nipping at the heels of Brenchel. SIGH.

Oh LadyGents, you'll be missed. Your bad luck to get the only speed bump with an actual task :(

Art and JJ are just off the charts. STFU!! But their going after Army might give Mark and Bopper the room to move on up and onto the final bathmat in first :D

16. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:shuffle: I thought that Dave was far worse than the BPAs this leg ... with his unending dismissive treatment of his Rachel and his "reasoning" for disregarding an agreement with the BPAs.

Glad that the teachers/agents are gone. 1. BORING! 2. Added nothing to the Race. And 3. their retaining the "teachers" fib got more ridiculous with every leg. As much as I may bemoan the :drama: of BPA and Big Brother, at least it keeps me interested.

:cheer: Bopper & Mark. For a few weeks now, they've been the only really rootable *and* entertaining team left. Bopper's knee seems a HUGE problem, though, for their chances for the finale.

:D Yay, Vanessa and Roids for surviving.

17. genevieve

I'm worried about Bopper's knee too. Has anyone had to drop out of the race before? I don't think so. But hearing that he just had surgery on that knee a few months ago and he may have re-injured it...it doesn't sound good. :(

ETA: during the episode I looked up travel options to the Ngorongoro Crater and found a site for a lodge there. Almost 800 USD A NIGHT during the off season :eek: It sure does look amazing though.

18. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I am also wondering if they stayed because of that reason, because I know if that was me, I would have. Its like this is what these people have to do every day of their lives just to have water .... and we're here playing a freaking game. I would have stayed and done the water for that reason alone if that's what I picked and that's what I saw when I got there.

19. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I am so rooting for the KY Boys now!! But the previews make me worried!! Plueeze don't have a break down at what looks like a dancing Road Block "whichever KY Boy you were cause I still don't know which one is which". :shuffle:

And what exactly was the reason Army Boy said he was not going to U-Turn Big Brother Team, even though he agreed with Border Patrol that they would if they got their first? I didn't hear what he said.

Note to self: There's only about 4 episodes left ... learn their freaking names already. :lol:

20. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I'm guessing they'll be fine as the featured meltdown rarely tells us who will be eliminated.

21. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I remember one of the BorderPatrol guys said something about how long it old take them to just get to the location for the other task, and that it would have taken them just as long as waiting in line. So I think that's why they stayed, not necessarily any particular altruism at the start, although they did seem to
    appreciate the daily ordeal of the locals. (As a side note, I've had the same reaction every time I go to Guatemala, where the people also have to carry their water, in some areas.)

22. genevieve

yeah, even though it was not the "better" task for race purposes, it was smart to stay there once they arrived, since they didn't know where/how far the other task was or how long it would take - there was potential that their overall task time would be the same or much longer if they switched.

Army and Rachel said there was no need to U-Turn anyone since the LadyGentsTeachers were so far behind, which is true. The only thing a U-Turn does when it's not to save you in the game is piss people off that you're going to be encountering more in the race.

23. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I think this is a valid reason. I'd only UTurn another team if it meant the difference between staying in and being eliminated. Karma can be a b*tch.

Speaking of... Border Patrol... What a couple of b*tchy little girls. Who cares. Get over it.

24. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Arguably unneeded or not, I think that Army should've honored their agreement with the D-bags -- period. But, that's just me and my "good for my word" self. As for pissing another team off for no reason ... moot point in this case. I mean, really, the battle with Rachel & Brent was joined in episode 1! That :drama: has been in its second act for a long time ... U-turn was just more :watch:

Speaking of Brenchel the the U-turn, THEIR choice was ill-advised IMO. With full knowledge that they were in 4th, and that Angel was right on their tails, they should've U-turned the team that they knew was far back ("teachers") to ensure that even if they (Brenchel) effed up the 2nd challenge or got lost on the way to the pitstop ... they'd still ostensibly have some cushion. Brenchel's "personal" U-turn was far more dangerous than BPA's.

25. genevieve

mmm, I disagree (surprise!). Even though Army probably dislikes Brenchel as much as the rest of humanity, I don't recall seeing them actually getting into it with them - there is no direct beef between those two teams (unless I'm wrong - there have been a couple of eps I missed), so why create one? But Brenchel U-Turning Angel/Bodyguard makes sense, even though it's personal. I think at that point no one had seen the LadyGents, right? Odds were significantly in favor of LadyGents being behind them, but it's better to be on the safe side and U-Turn someone you know to be in the running. Brenchel and Angel/Bodyguard were close enough to the bottom of the pack that this made sense. Plus, those two teams hate each other with the fire of a thousand nuns. If Brenchel hadn't U-Turned the other team, we'd have had at least 10 minutes of Angel crowing how stupid it was to not U-Turn them.

26. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

I know. :(

:wuzrobbed Wuzrobbed of Angel's snarky Rachel-victimizing guffaws.

27. genevieve

:cheer2: to Brenchel for sparing us more of Angel's incessant whining!!! :respec:

;)

28. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Was I the only one who was disturbed that one of the border patrol agents thought Africa was "a beautiful country"? :yikes: :rofl: