The Amazing Race 05/09: "Huger than Huge"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Lilia A, May 10, 2010.

1. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

:rolleyes:

Robbed of her chance to compete properly, yet. I think I would have more sympathy for her if, say, she and Carole had been frontrunners in the race, but to argue that the Cowboys should have been U-turned because they were the best racers instead of her kind of negates that whole "compete properly" thing. Yes, that's good race strategy to slow down the top runners, but it's not much of an argument for "competing properly."

And she's an actress. Act like a grownup, even if you aren't.

:lol::lol::lol: No one who looks like a bug-eyed meth model can be invisible.

Trolling through the TAR forums on Sucks this morning, I learned that Brent dated one of the pink ladies of TAR for several years. They would have been a couple during her race. Small world, reality TV.

2. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

OK, just commenting on some of the posts ...

I think that the bros getting a head start off the plane did play a part in them winning. They were first to the task and had a level pretty much done before the cowboys got there. Since they started everything first, they finished everything first. The only way the cowboys would have finished first, I think, would have been if the bros had a bad taxi driver that got lost and the cowboys had a great one. Once I saw the bros get off the plane with quite a lead, I pretty much thought they had it won.
    I also didn't understand why the one cowboy just didn't step into the bro who was on the floor - is there a rule that you can't do something that might impede another racer? That cowboy was so polite one might have thought him a Canadian ;) but I did get a real chuckle at the one giving directions when he started giving out fake directions and loud too. Seemed like a bit of tit-for-tat to me.
    Carol and Brandy - we just had to see that bitter woman again?!? I would have preferred to have heard from some of the others. Had to laugh at myself when she thought the cowboys should have been eliminated because they were stronger racers than the two of them. Yeah, they were stronger but when you're racing maybe you'd rather race against the "better" racers than the "bittah" racers.

3. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

I'm just sitting here thinking.....

Brandy is screaming about how the Cowboys should have been U-turned because they were the best racers. But, I have to wonder.....they were so good at some of these tasks, could it possibly have been a wasted U-turn? Was it possible that Caite might have done something kind of smart by guaranteeing that a team would be eliminated and the plus being the team eliminated would be one she hated? I can't remember what all happened on that leg of the race.

4. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

After a day of thinking about it, what bothered me about the ending had more to do with form than anything else. I would have rather seen all of the teams start out together from the airport rather than one team getting the advantage on the plane - especially since the leaders' advantage from the previous leg was taken away from them by virtue of having to fly. There's a big element of luck throughout the race, especially with cabs, and I would have liked to seen that luck element removed.

5. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm wondering, too. I bet if any team could be the first in history in overcome the U-Turn, it would be the Cowboys. And really, the "U-Turn the strongest team" argument really loses it's validity when a team that hadn't won any legs (except FF leg, which isn't the same) was the overall winner.

And did you note the look of disgust and displeasure on Brandy's face when her big buddy Jordan was calling Caite "my peach"? lol She didn't like that at all. I'm sure she expected him to hate Caite on her behalf.

6. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I just watched the finale, was on a cruise.
    Bummed the cowboys did not win. I like their style and calmness.
    Jordan and Dan - their taxi behavior last week made me lose any liking of them
    Brent / Caite - annoying, but good reply to Brandy (or Carol).
    Brandy - omg, how embarassing. What a bittah bittah person.
    I would not want to know her at all.
    I did like the Duhtectives faces when the bros won, they seemed happy for them.
    Plus if Brandy wants to be mad at someone over the U-turn, the duhtectives finger prints are on that.