The Amazing Race 04/04: "You're Like Jason Bourne, Right?"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Lilia A, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

It just started. I hope it's on time for everyone.

Don't let the cowboys get eliminated.

2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I had Caite's headband when I was in 7th grade. That was in 1982.

3. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

go Cowboys. Don't be stupid this leg. I'd be SOL for either challenge.

4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

some accessories are timeless

too bad this isnt one of them

5. Stefanie

Stefanie Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for the cowboys, too. The "models" need to go!!!!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. rfisher

At least the Cowboys chose the right task. We'll see how this speedbump goes. Yeah. At least they're back on track.

7. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

Little brothers and Steve and Allie in trouble. They're already exhausted from running and they still have to do the detour.

8. rfisher

I was afraid the Duhtectives were going to have a heart attack. The Cowboys rocked tonight. :cheer2:

9. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I love the cowboys "Hello Guru" :lol:

10. PrincessLeppard

I wonder how long Steve and Allie really tried that first task. If it was that fast, they are going to kick themselves after starting that other one.

And do they have the wrong number of poles?

11. Stefanie

Stefanie Well-Known Member

Was I the only one who thought that one task wasted too many coconuts? :shuffle:

12. sodapop

sodapop New Member

Cowboys! :cheer:

13. rfisher

This was boring episode except for knowing the Cowboys stayed in.

14. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Is that sunburn on the duhtectives arm? Yikes, it hurts just to look at it!

15. rfisher

Steve and Allie should have stayed in the car the first time.

16. PrincessLeppard

it's probably good they're out, though, since they don't have any clothes...

17. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I thought it was great, with a major change in the order of the teams, exotic local, some lost cabs, stressed out racers, etc.

Jet and Cord were awesome. Didn't let the loss of their first cab get them down, rocked the detour and roadblock and won a nice romantic trip to Maui. Hope they decided to let Cord use the trip on his upcoming honeymoon!!

18. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

My favorite part of the episode was 'hey, let's get out of the taxi in blistering heat and run aimlessly'. :lol:

I'd love the 'models' to go next. Have they ever referred to Carol and Brandy as anything other than 'the lesbians'? :rolleyes: Not like C&B call them 'the vapid worthless idiots'.

19. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I really don't like the heat, so that stage would have been horrible for me. Carrying those heavy incense sticks up tons of stairs in blistering heat - ugggggghhhh!

20. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Snakes ..... why'd it have to be snakes. :scream: :yikes:

:p

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:respec: to the cowboys!!! They seem to have snapped out of whatever funk they were in and are back to normal!

:( to see Steve/Allie go, they really had a tough day.

This is one of the few times in TAR history that the first and last have swapped places.

22. BaileyCatts

YES YES YES YES YES!!! I hate when I have to miss the play by play but thank goodness the Cowboys are still in it!!!! Sad Dad/Daughter are out (Carol/Brandy can get off my TV any time now please), but that was a stoopid move getting out of the cab. Never never never get out of the cab when they tell you its just 5 minutes away. That never works. And it looks like they weren't even going to the right place to begin with. :duh:

Looking foward to the previews for next week when Brent/Catie do something to Carol/Brandy to tick them off. :EVILLE:

23. BaileyCatts

Oh, and I woulda been barfing up a lung if I woulda had to climb 153 steps .... six times!!! And in the blistering heat no less?!! :yikes:

24. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, the entire leaderboard was flipped exactly upside-down from the previous leg.

Continually, the only team that I can't stand are the duhtectives. I can tolerate Brent & Caite for the sole reason that I can laugh at their expense. As long as they don't win, I won't mind them lasting until the end.

Love, love, LOVE the cowboys, the brothers, and Carol & Brandy. All 3 of them just have me in fits of laughter week in and week out. I know I'm massively in the minority regarding the lesbians... but I wouldn't mind them winning at all.

Sad to see Steve & Allie go, but they had just about the roughest leg we've seen anyone have all season long.

FiveRinger and (deleted member) like this.
  25. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I admire Steve and Allie's stamina. After all of that hiking around, they seemed to get through the steps at the Detour pretty well, ditto for the brothers...

I'm meh on Carol/Brandy. I don't like how much they usually complain... They weren't as annoying this week.

26. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I like the Duhtectives, but my opinion dropped a little when they made the comments are Brent/Caite as their kids. Duh???
    Looks like Brent/Caite send Brandy/Carol on a extra task (yield?? - what Joe/heidi had to do), not sure the name, but it was said tonight.
    I don't like Brandy/Carol - but the hating by the other teams makes me hope they stay a bit longer.
    Bummed about Steve/Allie - they seemed nice and ok racers.
    None of these teams seem that outstanding compared to other seasons.
    As long as models/lesbians don't win, I think I am ok, probably cowboys my first choice.

27. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

:cheer::cheer:Cowboys ! I love how confident and upbeat they are.

:duh: I couldn't believe it when Steve and Allie and the brothers both got out of their cabs.

Brent and Caite need to get over their obsession with Carole and Brandy but either team can leave my screen anytime now k thx.

If I were the waiting team member on that roadblock, I so would have waded into that water just to cool off.

28. BaileyCatts

Oh, so backtrack question because to me it was not clearly definied or said during the show.... Is it really a rule that since Steve/Allie did not go back and get their bags before checking in at the pitstop that they were not permitted to go get them during the 12 hour layover because racers are not permitted to leave the checkpoint area once they check in? Or did they simply say "screw it" and never went back to get them? And looking at the time between first and last (3 hours I think), I think they woulda had time to go get them since they knew exactly where to go. They would not have been first, but I think they still woulda checked in before the Cowboys.

So hypothetical ... lets say Steve/Allie were still in it and next week they went to like the mountains in Austria or someplace freezing. Would they have been provided winter clothing by the producers if they did not have enough money to buy parkas, pants, boots, sweaters, etc? Is there a contingeny for something like that happening? Or are you just screwed if something like that happens and you can't complete any of the tasks due to not having the appropriate clothing, so you are just out?

When the Steve/Allie interviews start appearing, please post them because I'm really intrigued by the whole 'we left our bags behind' saga. :lol: Did the producers at least collect them and give them back when they got eliminated?

29. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I'm almost 100% certain that once a team checks in, they are not permitted to leave the parameters of the pit stop. So if they wanted their bags, they would have had to have gone back and got them while they were still racing.

30. allezfred

allezfred Hideous Admin Staff Member

Great show! Cowboys bringing it back, Dumb Models being annoyed (even if it is at the hands of Carole/Brandy) and good family people going out! :cheer2: