The ALL NEW Youtube thread!!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by floskate, Oct 31, 2008.

1. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

2. bardtoob

Please see: Digital Millennium Copyright Act

3. bardtoob

4. bardtoob

5. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Flashback to 1978 and the female commentator says almost at the end of the program that the Soviet team hasn't gotten a response from the Skate Canada crowd, but then pan to the crowd clapping away as the male commentator notes the enthusiastic reaction. Deja vu all over again :)

6. BmcC102

BmcC102 Active Member

Best LP ever from Sasha Cohen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifDo65tLy9Y&feature=related

I know some people criticize this version of Swan Lake choreographed by Robin Wagner (I don't agree with those people; it's still a good program, albeit totally different from the original one), but you can't deny that this performance is simply fantastic. Every jump, spin, the spirals--down to the fingertips at the exact correct moment of music, the expression, the ease of it. She still makes me excited about skating.

7. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Wow, every time I watch old videos of Midori, I wonder how she is not a multiple-time World & Olympic champion. It makes me really sad. Nearly 20 years after her historic triple axel and there is still no one who can match the technical content she had at her very best. There needs to be a "we're not worthy" icon for Midori!

8. BmcC102

BmcC102 Active Member

Yes! Totally.

I know Mao comes very close and not take anything away from her amazing accomplishments, but frankly, Midori truly is always going to be in a field of her own when it came to her greatest technical ability.

9. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

There are few men who can do the 3axel as well as Midori did it. I have yet to see a woman do it the same way although Mao's is perhaps the "prettiest" when done well out of the latest group of ladies to do it. No one can match Midori's power though.

10. satchelpooch318

satchelpooch318 New Member

OMG, It's Julia Soldatova's Shower Curtain program!

1999 Skate America LP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXqlu22kcTs

I used to watch this program over and over and over and over again...I just couldn't help myself! :D

Also, the LPs from this event for Cupcake and Kween are up, too.

(Kween's 1st LP version of Red Violin, even with the fall --> :swoon: )

11. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

12. Michael O'C

Michael O'C Member

I did a little research on copyright for an organisation I am a member of. Laws vary from one country to another and the problem with the internet is that you have to be aware of the law where ever the video can be watched. For example you could legally post something in your country but it might breach copyright here in Australia so you could be liable under our law.

What I did find out was that under our copyright law the rights expire 50 years after the death of the creator. I would think that means never for a corporate creator.

13. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

I'm about to take all my vids down. I uploaded some vids from last year's GPS and USFSA claimed a copyright on those! So I took down the four or five vids I had on my hubby's account (before I got my own) and all of the vids from 07-08 season on my account as well. It really sucks. We're just trying to share skating with other fans since it isn't shown much on TV. Plus, I honestly don't think this is going to make fans in the US want to subscribe to IceNetwork's coverage. I know USFSA has a copyright claim and all but the way they're taking down vids is scary.

14. fan

fan Active Member

15. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

post deleted.

16. lmarie086

17. firebleeder

firebleeder New Member

18. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

How weird is it that I just watched this program last night, for the first time ever, a few hours after your post, but I hadn't looked at this thread at all? Freaky. But it is a simply marvelous dance (I adore the beginning), and I have just become a fan. Wouldn't mind if Charlie White turned into Gwendal after all. As long as he keeps the hair short!

19. lmarie086

Watch their "Man in the Iron Mask" FD; it's the first one of theirs I saw. Then I saw their "Romeo and Juliet" which sealed the deal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UriQM8xauI

That is pretty weird though lol.

Adding:
    Michelle Kwan 1997 SA LP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVCstMxsscE.
    Even though I love both versions of the program, I love this one more. It feels a little more complete.
    her SP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6aAHasgMf0&feature=related
    the SP has what is still one of my favorite step sequences ever.

20. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

21. sashaisgreat

sashaisgreat New Member

After watching this I just decided that I Hate the COPs system! They glided across the ice. Every element was unique and never once did they do a twizzle where they grab their foot (I hate that, who decided that grabbing your foot during a twizzle was a good thing.) That program would not be possible now.:mad:

22. bardtoob

23. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

That was just plain FUN!

24. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Thank you so much to this. I love the timing into his jumps, and he was so great at what he did. But PML at what counted for circular steps back in the day.

25. pandask8

pandask8 New Member

Can anyone find a full version of Kurt Browning's Singing in the Rain special and the Aladdin on Ice with Browning and Yamaguchi special?

26. lmarie086

I miss her too! It's still mind-boggling to me that she never won Olympics, but that is the way it goes sometimes I suppose. And ITA; Michelle is really one of the main reasons I wish they'd bring back pro-comps. Michelle would be a huge draw; it'd be great for the sport.

Thanks for posting the montage; another piece of great work.

Karpenko and (deleted member) like this.
  27. bardtoob

28. bardtoob

29. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

30. bardtoob