The Adventures of Tintin

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Aussie Willy, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I noticed that this movie has had release dates already in Europe, but it doesn't open until Boxing Day here and the 21st December in the US.

I loved these books as a kid and also recently the animated TV series (as a 40 year old) but I am so looking forward to seeing this movie. From the clips I have seen it looks great.

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I am actually looking forward to seeing this movie. Although I cannot remember hearing too much about the cartoon before the movie came out.

3. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the books, but I will be staying far away from the movie. I have detested every movie that Steven Spielberg has ever made for kids, and I fear what will happen when he drools his sentimentality and blandness all over Tintin. I also don't like that "plastic actor" style of animation - I would sooner see real actors or pure animation, but not both.

4. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I do remember years ago there was a live movie of Tintin with real actors but I only caught a glimpse of it during the day on TV.

5. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I hate these types of animations. The people look so fake and their facial expressions are just so muted. It's like watching a bunch of robots act.