1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Adventures of Tintin

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Aussie Willy, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Hates both vegemite and peanut butter

I noticed that this movie has had release dates already in Europe, but it doesn't open until Boxing Day here and the 21st December in the US.

I loved these books as a kid and also recently the animated TV series (as a 40 year old) but I am so looking forward to seeing this movie. From the clips I have seen it looks great.

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I am actually looking forward to seeing this movie. Although I cannot remember hearing too much about the cartoon before the movie came out.

3. overedge

overedge where's the remote?

I absolutely love the books, but I will be staying far away from the movie. I have detested every movie that Steven Spielberg has ever made for kids, and I fear what will happen when he drools his sentimentality and blandness all over Tintin. I also don't like that "plastic actor" style of animation - I would sooner see real actors or pure animation, but not both.

4. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Hates both vegemite and peanut butter

I do remember years ago there was a live movie of Tintin with real actors but I only caught a glimpse of it during the day on TV.

5. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I hate these types of animations. The people look so fake and their facial expressions are just so muted. It's like watching a bunch of robots act.