The "Adam Rippon: Better than Ever" Cheer Thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Frau Muller, Jan 28, 2013.

1. apatinar

apatinar Active Member

It's not always such a good idea for high level skaters who are supposed to be destined to be bigger stars than they are to just switch to pairs skating because the singles didn't work out to the standard that everyone else and they themselves are expecting... See Naomi Nari Nam...

Although the freeskate was a departure for him and his moves on the ice were cute and made me smile from time to time because of the posing he would do, the actual music itself didn't seem to have a beginning, middle and and end.. it was just something that kept running on and on and on and didn't have any sort of logical sequence..

2. Fudove

Fudove Member

Get better fast! :kickass: We missed you at 4CC!

3. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how much of a chance Adam has to make the Olympic team next year. Abbott will still be the one to beat Minor is improving and is consistent and Aaron can land quads like they are nothing. Plus Richard showed this morning when he's on he will get big scores then you have the two kids Jason and also Josh Farris who beat Adam just two weeks ago at Nationals.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Ahem, this is supposed to be a :cheer: thread for Adam Rippon. Considering his subpar Grand Prix season this past fall in the midst of having to adjust to a new coach and training location, I thought he had a very respectable Nationals showing and is on the right track! :)

I'll also add that I was relieved and glad when he ditched Jeff Beck's electric guitar rendition of "Nessun Dorma" after Cup of China and replaced it with an orchestral version. :D

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  5. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

He also had a significant foot injury during last spring and early summer which severely compromised his training time. I agree with you Sylvia

6. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

Adam has as much of a chance as he wants. He has all the goods but has to deliver them. Adam hopefully will forget the baggage of his past and realize his current state;Good skater, nice spins, good jumps, good presence etc. I think he made a good decision for a coach but Rafaels expertise is on the extreme side of technique vs artistry. Not a bad thing since Adam's artistry is fine the way it is.

I like Michael Siebert's ideas and choreography but i dont think he paid attention to how Adam Rippon moves and how ADAM flows etc. Siebert would probably work for Dornbush, Aaron and perhaps Abbott. Even the Nessun Dorma seemed choppy and not a vehicle for how Adam interprets movement. Better packaging in the programs thats true to Adam's style and Adam believing that he's as good as he is and we're looking at a possible National Champion not simply an Olympic Team Member. All it would take was for Adam to believe it. I just wonder how he would skate if HE BELIEVED that he could be our US champion...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013