The 50 Fattiest Foods in the States

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Sugar, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Sugar

Sugar Well-Known Member

2. Angela-Fan

Angela-Fan Well-Known Member

wow.. some of those concoctions looked unbelievably disgusting. lol You couldn't pay me to eat most of that stuff! lol

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. missflick

missflick New Member

Luther burger: sweet and salty? Yuck. Fried brain sandwich? That's disgusting. :scream:

ETA: And so is the Michigan BLT. I think I just threw up a little.

4. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

ITA! I was glad to not find anything tempting...well...maybe the Eskimo Pie. :shuffle:

5. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Nasty!

6. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Yeah, ice cream is definitely my weakness. :lol:

Everything else looks disgusting. :scream:

Well, I've had the In-N-Out double double and it's really quite good...but I certainly wouldn't have it more than once a month! :lol:

7. GaPeach

GaPeach New Member

I love Empanadas:shuffle: usually I have the veggie ones, so they are semi-healthy:lol:

8. DBZ

DBZ Well-Known Member

I must admit the Lobster roll looks tempting, as well as the Smith Island cake, but everything else looks pretty. :yikes:

Is there a human being alive who can actually finish that Michigan BLT?

9. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Empanadas are amazing and I eat them way more often than I should :shuffle: Although I don't think Colombian ones are made with lard.

10. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

Really?

Ingredients: Reindeer fat, seal oil, salmonberries, blackberries

I love ice cream in almost all forms.....

11. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

I want that pound of bacon sandwich!

12. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Ugh, I feel like I could throw up now. :scream:

13. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

14. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

A quadruple bypass burger - 8000 calories! :scream:

15. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I do love beignets, in moderation...

Why the hell would anyone eat something called a garbage plate? :scream:

16. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

the garbage plate? :lol: good for you, Rochester.

17. AnnM

AnnM Active Member

The In n' Out double-double, beignets & burnt ends are all fantastic. I certainly enjoyed them when I had them & would eat them all again.

18. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

That lobster roll looks yummy! I do like to sample chicken fried steak sometimes, if I order it at a restaurant I cut it up and the plate lasts me 3 different meals. Now that I think about it, I have no idea how people are able to finish their entire plate at restaurants. My hubby is 6'2 1/2" 220lbs and HE can't finish plates at restaurants!

19. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

Some of the cakes and the chocolate chip cookies look good. Giant burgers? Yuck.

20. Auntie

Auntie New Member

I have eaten many of these things. :slinkaway

21. Auntie

Auntie New Member

Hopefully she means the Nebraska eskimo pie!

22. ribbon

ribbon Member

Ah, Rochester, my hometown. Yeah, the Garbage Plate is actually popular there, although I've never had one (thank goodness). It was really disturbing when I took a bunch of high schoolers out to a baseball game (I worked with city school kids, I'm not a creep), and a few of them ordered 2 and scarfed them down.

As for me, I do like Lobster rolls, clam chowder, veggie empanadas, and catfish (although not quite like they prepare it down south).

The huge burger stuff really grosses me out.

23. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I'm a New Englander. For many of the more traditional things like the chowdah and lobstah roll, they chose ones that are prepared by chains, rather than the ones that are served at the clam shacks. Really, cucumber and scallions in a lobster roll? The real recipe calls for lobster, celery, and as little mayonnaise as possible. We judge the quality by the ratio of lobster to celery and mayo. Too much of the minor ingredients and we won't go back. Some places may put too much butter/margerine on when grilling the roll, but that's usually not a problem at the places I go.

24. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

That people would actually eat something called a Quadruple Bypass Burger at all, let along at somewhere called Heart Attack Grill weirds me out (I think the same about Fat Burger which just opened here), and I think it's disgusting that they would encourage already obese people to eat more unhealthy food by letting them eat for free. :(

25. icecat

icecat Active Member

MA is a chocolate chip cookie????? are you kidding me? That's it? that's like a mere blip on the Fat screen. Obviously they didn't check the restaurants by the Universities;they seem to specialize in fast n' fatty!

26. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Empanadas are goooood (the veggie ones at least) but most of that looks so revolting that I just have no words for it. Meatloaf wrapped in bacon?! I love me some bacon, but that just takes it somewhere it shouldn't go.

27. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I live near a boring state. The fattest thing in Washington is a salad?

That meatloaf looks fantastic.

28. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

They did a version of that meatloaf once on Top Chef. And not only did they cover it in bacon, the chef deep fried it instead of putting it in the oven. I must confess, it looked kinda good, and the judges lurrrved it.

I can't believe the fattiest thing they found in South Louisiana was a damn beignet, which have less fat (though not by much) than a Krispy Kreme donut, and if made right, they are light and airy. Though not 30 minutes after you eat them. A good chicken (real Cajun cooks leave the meat on the bone and skin on, usually dark meat) and sausage gumbo will run up some mega calories. What about bread pudding--bread, rum sauce, sometimes caramel and/or white chocolate? Oh, and fried chicken. HOW did no state in the south have fried chicken? :drama:

29. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Kentucky did have KFC's Double Down. Which I don't care if it does have Kentucky in the name, couldn't they have found something good like Derby Pie or Burgoo?

30. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Maryland's Smith Island Cake looks delicious.

And mmmmm for the Vermonster. Meant to be shared among a large group of friends.