The 2014 Figure Skating Calendar

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by FSWer, Oct 23, 2013.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Anyone know were I can get it? Is it our yet?

2. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

This post on Ice Skating World says there might not be one.

"Do you have a 2014 Figure Skating Calendar that I can order?

iceskatingworld_com
    October 15, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Ann,
    Unfortunately, the photographer passed away and as of right now, we do not have a 2014 calendar in stock."

ETA: I looked at the webpage for the calendar (http://www.figureskatingcalendar.ca) and it's no longer active. If the calendar is not out by now, I think there probably isn't going to be one.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

I bumped up your earlier thread with one person's answer. I don't know of any other figure skating calendars that can be bought online, sorry.

4. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

You can easily make your own, if you have a color printer. Just get 13 sheets of double-sided glossy paper,one for each month and one for the cover, go online and there must be countless pages that display the months for year X that one can use as a template, choice of landscape or portrait format, week starting on a Sunday or Monday, etc. Print out the months, put the pages in backwards and upside down, and print out each month with the skater(s) of your choice. And print out a cover using Wordpad or Notepad giving it your personal touch. Any local printing shop will have these coil bound (paid less than $3 for mine) for you to make your own flip-down calendar. For myself, I was able to make "The Jerry Denton (my real name) 2013 Joannie Rochette calendar", among others. Not only would this be good for you, they can make good Christmas Presents for friends, etc. Hope this suggestion comes in handy.

skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  5. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I was at the mall this week, and there is a calendar store that operates there just for the last few months of the year. This is where I get the figure skating calendar every year. I was going past the store when the staff were putting the calendars on the racks, and they had diagrams for each of the sections (e.g. nature, animals, travel) showing which calendars to put on which shelves. They showed me the diagram for the sports section, and the figure skating calendar wasn't listed. So I don't think it is going to happen this year.

6. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

What a missed opportunity, considering that this is the olympic season, when non-fans care about figure skating. I'll have to make my own, as suggested above.

7. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

What a brilliant idea, now why didn't I think of that before :lol: