The 2011 Ga-Ga-Gram-Eminem-mys on CBS Sunday night

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by deltask8er, Feb 13, 2011.

1. deltask8er

deltask8er New Member

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to Gaga's performance, she always brings it! Not sure if there is much else I want to see, just curious who wins so I might just read that after the fact. Although, with my luck, Gaga will be closing the show.
  3. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

The only reason I'm watching is to see the Lifetime Achievement Awards. IMO, they should cancel the entire awards show and just have Bob Shane of the LAA-recipient Kingston Trio (he's the only member of the original line-up still alive) just sing "Scotch and Soda" for 4 hours (Frank Sinatra didn't even want to touch that song after hearing Bob's version from 1958!).

He should also get an LAA of his own because he's the one who has kept that group going after it originally disbanded back in 1967 and, yes, the group is still in existance under his aegis.
  4. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I can't say there's any category where I'm really I'm really interested in the outcome, but I do want to see some of the performances. I think I'm going to watch the red carpet and flip back and forth from the BAFTAs on BBC America.

I learned not to get my hopes up about the Grammy's back in 97 when Garbage and No Doubt lost best new artist to Leann Rimes.
    LadyNit and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I'm watching for one category: Male Country Vocal Performance. GO CHRIS YOUNG! :cheer2:
  6. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for Justin Bieber to win the Kiss of Career Death award, a/k/a Best New Artist :EVILLE:
  7. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the Mumford/Avett/Dylan performance.

Pulling for Mumford, Ray LaMontagne, Tom Petty, and The Black Keys.

I'm in the anyone but Katy Perry and anyone but John Mayer for pop vocal performance camp. Bruno Mars and Sara B. or Norah J should pop in there.

It would be nice to see Arcade Fire surprise some people.
  8. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to Arcade Fire's performance and hope The Black Keys win in their categories. That's about it though. I forgot Kanye's album was released too late to get recognition this year. It owns everything that was nominated this time around IMO.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  9. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Is Lady Gaga inside the marble egg??
  10. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Would love to see Cee lo's "F**k you" win one, just because it would give me a chuckle.
  11. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

12. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

:D
    Imagine what the parent watch group would do with that!
  13. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Supposedly. :rolleyes: I don't get being THAT over the top, even if it does get people talking. It doesn't make me like her any more, that is for sure. I guess it has something to do with being "born" (Born This Way) and I suspect she will begin her performance by hatching from the egg? Just a guess...

Or maybe she is just telling all of us that she is an alien.
  14. musicgurl

musicgurl I know a place...

I forgot Arcade Fire was performing. Hopefully someone will put it up on YouTube. I found last years Grammy's so boring I decided not to watch this years. I'll just look up the results later. And read this thread after I get home tonight for all the snark:D.
  15. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Keith Urban won
  16. hydro

hydro Well-Known Member

17. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

The Black Keys just upset Arcade Fire for Best Alternative Album. I'm kind of "meh" about The Black Keys personally, but I know a lot of people who love them.
  18. numbers123

19. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

Oh :yawn: , showing up in an egg because baby she was born this way :yawn:
  20. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

21. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

Lady Gaga frankly would disappoint me if she didn't show up inside an egg. :lol: Music needs its OTT weirdos.
  22. Allskate

Then I guess it's not looking good for Arcade Fire to win the album of the year. Personally, I like this current album from the Black Keys and am fine with them winning for Best Alternative album.

Jeff Beck just won for best instrumental for Nessun Dorma. I want to see one of the men skate to that next year. Beck showed up in sloppy jeans and a t-shirt and his speech consisted of saying "thank you" and then analyzing his speech as being a "sh@t speech." :lol:

Lady GaGa must be trapped in her egg because she didn't accept for best pop vocal performance.
  23. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

Cee Lo Green won for Urban/Alternative :cheer:
  24. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I really wanted AF for album of the year but I guess I can't expect it. Oh well.
  25. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

It's Em's year, I think. However, I'd be fine with anyone not named Katy Perry winning.
  26. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed
  27. jenny12

I really like The Black Keys, but thought Arcade Fire's album was superior. I didn't think Arcade Fire had a chance to win Best Album anyway, but this just about seals it. Too bad as I think Arcade Fire is definitely the best of the Best Album nominees. Gaga always makes crap (her outlandish costumes only hide her insipid musical work, IMO) and still Katy Perry manages to be worse. Eminem is a great rapper, but this was definitely not his best effort.
  28. hydro

hydro Well-Known Member

Sufjan Stevens should have gotten some nominations (I think Age of Adz is album of the year), but the Grammy's never recognizes indie music.

I'm really hoping Gaga kicks Eminem's butt for Album of the Year. I found Em's album to be really disappointing, and The Fame Monster remains outstanding.
  29. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

:respec: I happened to flip on 60 Minutes and they are showing an interview with her. Total freakshow.

I'll stick with the performers who only have to stand there and sing (and/or play)and they can hold an entire audience's attention. Anyone with true talent as a musical performer needs only that.
  30. JILEN

JILEN New Member

I really believe she came from a planet called "Derivativus" where mediocrity is upheld as an artistic ideal.
    musicgurl and (deleted member) like this.
  31. Allskate

I think she does have true talent, but people get distracted by all her nonsense. I think she would rather be known for meat dresses and eggs than her singing.
  32. hydro

hydro Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not the biggest Gaga fan, but she was once an aspiring pianist/singer that did just play and sing.
  33. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

Welcome to pop music. :p

Seriously, I listen to a lot of musically complex, highbrow stuff too, but I won't apologize for loving Gaga and all her silliness.
  34. jenny12

Although I do think Lady Gaga has talent, she always makes the most bland, run-of-the-mill pop music that doesn't match the way she presents herself. I'm fine with artists who present themselves in unique ways, but I think it comes off pretty laughable when her music itself is so mainstream.
  35. numbers123

I think Gaga is talented and won't apologize for loving her!
  36. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

:cheer2: Been a fan since "But for the Grace of God".

Hey - it's the Lady Ree tribute. Wonder if Christina Ag will forget the words to one of her songs? :EVILLE:

ETA - how come Ag gets the sparkly microphone? :lol:
  37. numbers123

Xtina didn't find a new hair stylist since the super bowl :(
  38. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I love the Grammy's. Aretha, we plan to solute you by having people who aren't as awesome as you sing your songs. This will remind everyone how awesome you are.
  39. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

I love the multi-Diva screech battles! :lol:

Christina would be considered one of the great singers if she just toned it down a bit.
  40. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Christina screams because there's tarantulas on her eyelids and a fright wig on her head? :p

I love Martina McBride.