That's what I call fandom

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Apr 9, 2012.

1. martyross

martyross Active Member

2. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever Well-Known Member

What's up with the bandages?

3. Carina

Carina Member

It supose to be mummy wrapping....

4. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

They are P/B's Mummy costumes.

5. Johnny_Fever

And who are P/B? Sorry guys. I haven't followed skating in 15 years. Even then, I only knew some of the competitors.

6. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Here's an article on Pechalat/Borzat, with a photo of them in their mummy costumes. The woman is wrapped up in bandages. I guess that the fans are trying to copy her outfit. They can recycle the toilet paper for other uses.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jan/27/pechalat-bourzat-retain-ice-dance-title-at-euros/

I vaguely recall Canadian fans of Emanuel Sandhu having done something similar a few years back, wearing hot-pink when Sandhu skated to Pink Panther.

7. Johnny_Fever

I can see the Duchesnay influence right off the bat.

8. fan5

fan5 New Member

The guys dressed in black with mummy wraps pretty well have Yretha Silete's Black Swan and Brian Joubert's the Matrix covered too. Silete skated in the afternoon ladies SP session so just a black jersey would do it. Wear dark sunglasses around after and they are Neo, then wrap themselves up for an evening with P/B.

9. martyross

martyross Active Member

really?? so cool. gonna take a look at the tapes

10. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I met a Johnny Weir fan at one US Nationals who got his autograph on her ankle. Then she went to a tattoo parlor & had it permanently inscribed. That's fandom too.

11. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

That's awesome.

12. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Oh-I think that's adorable. I love it when fans do something silly and harmless to show their support. God knows I've done worse things with TP. At people's houses. Yes, I did. Now I just mumble "expletives deleted" when I have to go down to the basement to retrieve a new 12-pack. These folks are having way more fun.

13. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

14. Johnny_Fever

I see the bandages, but those outfits could just as easily have a more generalized Middle Eastern or Egyptian theme to them, especially in light of her arm positions. I would prefer such a theme. Its not as cheesy as mummies. Attractive couple.