Test session dress crystals?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by babbyrabbit, Jun 8, 2010.

1. babbyrabbit

babbyrabbit Active Member

Is it okay if your dress for test day is stone simply. I bought my daughter a new competition dres. And was going to use that for the test and stone it after her test. However the test session got moved to the week after her comp!

2. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I've worn competition dresses for tests (dance) with no problems. As long as the dress is presentable and doesn't interfere with lines, etc, it's fine.

3. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

If she's doing a freestyle or dance test- it's common to skate those in competition outfits.

If she's doing a moves test, it might be more rare, make sure to have her hair in a casual style (like a ponytail) and no more than minimal make up, so it doesn't look like you are trying to look overly fancy. And since you said "simply" stoned, it's probably fine anyway.

Don't over think.

4. babbyrabbit

she is doing moves and free skate. dress came with strappy stones on the back (sharene). I wanted to do the neckline like a necklace but am worried it will be too much for the test. There are no stones on the bodice of the dress.. Just some white lace

5. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

You can always have her wear a thin warmup jacket or wrap over her dress for the MIF test.

6. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I have seen people do freeskate tests in plain dresses with no stones or trim whatsoever. And they passed.

At the lower levels, especially, as long as the skater is neat and clean, and the dress fits and is age-appropriate, the judges are going to be more concerned with the skater's performance of the moves.

I agree, don't overthink.

7. daisies

daisies New Member

When I judge, it makes no difference to me what the skater wears ... as long as it's dignified.

8. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

I have a "lucky" testing dress that's pink and purple from Del Arbour that I've always done MIF tests in and it has no stones. It's a simple practice dress and it's done me well. It sounds like what you have planned is totally fine. Good luck to her! :)

9. FGRSK8

FGRSK8 In Search of a Lost Chord

I didn't wear a dress in any of my tests...:p

I passed by the way!

10. purple skates

The bigger question is did you wear the patch skates?

11. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

and did they have crystals? :p

FGRSK8 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. FGRSK8

FGRSK8 In Search of a Lost Chord

For the figure's test, I did indeed wear those skates.

They were finally retired a few months later!

13. babbyrabbit

Just on a side note she passed! First test over with! :)

14. purple skates

Good for her! :)