Test Results...

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by Skittl1321, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I shared this on skating forums, but I'm really excited so I thought I'd post here too: I passed my Bronze free today!

And today is exactly 1,350 days since I passed my Bronze MITF...

2. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :cheer2:

You've been keeping track of the days?

3. Skittl1321

No, my blog told me which day I passed the test and I used an online calculator :)

I just feel like it has been FOREVER, I've had so many injuries between then and now.

4. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I'm getting ready for my bronze MITF now. I passed my pre-bronze MITF about 3,139 days ago. ;) Perhaps we should start an "extreme delay between tests" club or something?

5. Skittl1321

Good luck on your bronze moves!!!

I think there will be infinite days between my silver moves... They are just too hard!
    My coach asked to meet with me about goals- I'm not sure he knows what to do with a skater who can't test any further. Kids don't usually do that till they are ready to graduate or competiting internationally!

6. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I also feel there's a big gap between the adult MITF bronze and silver tests. In dance, they have a pre-silver level, and I wish they had that for MITF as well.

7. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I passed bronze freestyle in 1995, before music was required for that test and long before adult MITF requirements. I'm still working on the silver MITF.

(Meanwhile I passed the standard prepre and preliminary moves. But yeah. Definite plateau.)

8. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I already congratulated you on SF, but I'll say congrats again! :cheer2:

I've been working on Gold MIF for 4 years - passed Silver in July 08 - but I've had some injuries (big one was a broken leg in Nov of 09) that kept me off the ice for almost a year, total. I really want to get through this test and my coach thinks I'll be ready to try it in early fall. But I really wanted to try it this summer, b/c all the adult tests I've passed were taken in the May-August timeframe, lol.

That will probably be the last test I take, b/c I'm not even going to attempt Silver FS (no flip, lutz, or camel). Even if I could get to the point where I could pass, I'd get killed in comp, if I ever want to compete again. And I don't want to test dance. So I'll probably just work on higher-level MIF (counters, rockers, loops, etc) without ever testing them.

9. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Congrats Skittl!! :cheer2:

I'm in the gold for life club. There's no way at this point I'll ever get a solid double.

10. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Belated congratulations!!

11. Skittl1321

Thank you :)

I have had a lesson since and my coach was surprisingly okay with my "I really don't care if I never do a loop again" stance on my goal sheet. We are going to start working on more advanced spins, and getting my CCW footwork up to speed!

12. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS Skittl1321! :40beers:
    You give me hope - it's almost two years ago I passed my first freestyle class. Need a sit spin for the next level but looks like it's never going to happen. But I'll keep on trying.

13. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Skittl, that's GREAT news!!!! You give me hope. My Bronze FS has also been waylaid by injuries that have hampered my progress.

14. treesprite

treesprite Member

Congratulations!

When I took USFS tests, there was no such thing as "moves in the field".

15. purple skates

They're much easier than figures ever were, in my opinion. Then again, I hated doing figures and like moves. :shuffle:

16. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

Reviving this thread because I just passed the Adult Foxtrot. :)

17. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

That's awesome, luenatic. NOT an easy dance.

luenatic and (deleted member) like this.
  18. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Congrats, luenatic!!

19. purple skates

Congrats! :)

I need to take that one.....

20. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Congratulations, luenatic!

I'm still plugging away at my Gold Moves. Looks like January will be the earliest I'll be able to test, but I may wait until March or April depending on test session availability. Blasted left back brackets! And stupid back circle 8! :wall:

21. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

I'm still working on my Gold moves too. It won't be anytime soon. :lol:

22. treesprite

treesprite Member

Congratulations to all test passers!

23. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Good thing it's not just me hating the back circle 8! It's so different from anything I've ever done and it took me forever to get used to it. Still struggling with the LBI circle, but considering I could barely do any of it when I started learning the move this summer --progress. Also started doing some of the novice moves again and the fi bo 3's actually help with the double 3's on the gold test. No idea when I'm actually testing, though. Spring/summer, hopefully.
    Now, to stop being chickensh!t and actually try axels again...No time frame available for that. It's funny how serious injuries do such a number on your head, long after you're physically fine.

ETA: Congrats to Skittl, luenatic & anyone who just passed their tests :cheer2:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  24. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

See, I like the back circle eight because I had spent a year training the back outside eight for the first figure test when I was 13-14, and of the second test figures I could later figure out on my own how to do the back inside eight and practiced that sometimes too as an adult. It's the back threes and LFI threes that I never learned as a kid that are holding me up on the prejuvenile/silver test.

And then it will take me forever to learn brackets with enough speed to complete the pattern, so I don't expect to pass the gold test any time soon and my body will probably give out before I get that technique.

25. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Yes, it's definitely a figures throwback and skaters who did figures would have an advanatge. I can see why it's a useful move and it forces you to think about timing and body placement in a way regular MITF's don't, but it's not an easy switch to make when all you ever did were standard moves. *grumble, grumble, learning new things*.
    You never know about brackets...hopefully they start cooperating one of these days.