TESSA & SCOTT #33 Our Living Legends

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Yes it is great that Navka puts VM with the skating 'greats' . We know this is true but we are always fighting against those who deny this.

As someone said - Golightly I think - VM will be remembered for their body of work. Carmen still gives me chills.
  2. Golightly

Golightly New Member

I watched their Carmen from Nationals yesterday again. My goodness, that program. So much detail in both step sequences. In everything, really, but I just can't get enough of those step sequences, even after the changes, they were so remarkable.

With V-M, there will always be particular sections of their dances that will be remembered. The serpentine lift in Pink Floyd; the diagonal step sequence in Funny Face (the best one I've seen to this date) and the walk into the twizzles; the intro, the circular twizzles, and the Temptation lift in the Latin FD; The Goose and the combination lift in Mahler; everything about Carmen, but particularly the curve lift and the twizzles; their not touching step sequences, particularly this season's and, of course, the one from Farrucas; this year's circular step sequence, which I hope gets them that level four again. I mean, actual elements that went beyond skating. They make elements memorable because they don't just skate them, they don't approach elements like elements, they don't simply want to "tick a box", they want to create something special. I think, win or lose, that's what I'll always love and respect about this team, that they understood that dancing is art first. They always put art first.
  3. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

I remember she also had good things to say about V/M last season so she's definitely a fan. :D link
  4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, and she even try to do Goose with Roman in show ;)
  5. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

YOU ROCK! :cool: :cheer2:
  6. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Thank you! Its so cool that she said that about Tessa and Scott. They have so many skaters backing them up!

DiD he really say that?
  7. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I just watched it again. It certainly sounds as though that's what he said! Thanks so much Princess. I love your work.
  8. parapluies

Oh my god it does sound like he did! I think this is like the 2nd time I hear him use a terms of endearment for Tessa. I rememeber during Worlds CHampionships there was a rumor someone overheard them speak I think he called her 'baby' endearingly. something like that unfortunately I barely remember :(. These two are so weird and I love that :swoon: Bur really when I first watched the interview that flew over my head!
  9. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Great in-depth fan interview with T&S.

But I think they are saying (referring to the pictures on the chocolate wrappers):

T: Do we have the same pictures with (or on) these?

S: No...no, not even...

Fan: Different.
  10. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Eheheh :D yes *-* You have to up the volume for hear that :D So sweet <3

Awww thank you!

WCh 2013?

If you listen carefully it says ... he says almost in a low voice, it's difficult to capture.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  11. parapluies

Yeah 2013 but that was a rumor... People hear alot of stuff through the grapevines it is uncertain to know what they truly said especially in a arena (or in a café with TAKE MY BREATH AWAAAAAY playing so loudly in the speakers :lol: I find it hilarious the choice of music that is playing in the background especially when Marvin Gaye started playing :lol:)with thousands of screaming fans. I think that happened before the FD.
  12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

S: No...no, not even... Sorry to dissapointed you
  13. Golightly

Golightly New Member

It's clear he says, "no, not even". As in not even these ones are the same.

Do you guys think they'll scrap the second rotational lift and the curve lift? I still don't know what was wrong with the curve lift at TEB.
  14. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I agree with you about everything, except the curve lift from 'Carmen'. It really was/is great, but my choice is more unoriginal - it's the second rotational for me.
  15. parapluies

No I don't think so. Their coach is too stubborn and they follow everything she says. She should have never given them that curve lift in the first place.
  16. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

ok thanks ;)

Ehy, don't apologize dear, you don't need! ^^ It's ok ^^ ;)

I don't know.. The 2nd RoLi doesen't work for me, I mean, I don't like it too much :D The curve lift are beautiful to watch. and yes, is difficult!.. but.. I'm sorry.. maybe I have Carmen's lifts in my mind yet...
    I'm curious to see how they modified Season in these 3 weeks! If I think to GPF, ooooh, I get really anxious!! :D
  17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think they will made something with second rotational lift.It didnt work at third competition.
    I must say i like curve lift. Yes, its not new. but i like how they do that lift. There positions are amazing.
    But maybe they need to do combinational lift? I know, its easy to talk, then to do, but judges love combinational lift. Did you remember that one from FF and gave them all +3 for it at WCH?

As for moves that suit the dance.
    In Carmen for me the best part was - first additional of step sequences, spin, curve lift (i LOVE it, but judges - didnt, maybe it didnt work good with rules?) and the last one with very difficult change of position inside that lift (at CoR Zoueva said that this lift is innovative type of lifts with difficult change of positions iside this element and tech. cometee need to work for made new types of lifts).
    And i want to tell about Season. I love they first move (where Tessa is under Scott legs, dont know, how to express), first amazing lift with very difficult change of direction from Scott. I didnt saw such changing of diraction of male patner before. I like all balletic positions, that one before spin. I like first rotational lift. Her position jusrt amazing.
  18. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

In our italian thread we call it "Canova pose" ;) And the first lift, we call it "Swan Lift" because of Tessa's position, with her back and arms like a swan ^^
  19. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Late to the costume discussion, but it makes me feel better to hear that the green dress was meant for the SD--it looked like that to me the first time I saw it. In all honesty I don't think it works for the FD; Marina's crazy for thinking so. And I think just the color is nice, I feel the cut is all wrong and doesn't flatter Tessa. With that said I also feel the cut of the pink dress was wrong and didn't flatter her either lol. Also I'm pretty sure the skirt of the pink dress was what caused the slip in the last lift at SC. I think somebody said icy blue might work? I agree with that. Sorry for the rambling just getting caught up on everything.

Despite whatever the outcome is at the Finals in a week, I just hope they have performances that they're proud of.
  20. Jeanne7

Jeanne7 New Member

I've felt puzzled about the very same thing recently.
  21. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

T/S are vanished :D Ohhhhh, how much I would like to see just a little clip from practice and/or some fluff :D This waiting is killiing me :D :D
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  22. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

CSOI is supposed to be on TV tomorrow... maybe there will be some fluff or hopefully the exhibition version of Carmen.

http://www.kurtfiles.com/soi/tournews.php#csoi
  23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks! I downloaded last season CSOI from CBC it was in HD and greta to watch.
    I cant wait to see Shawn, Jeffrey
  24. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Too bad we never got Up (A Life Loved) in HD, did we? I think the HD one was the short broadcast and Up was featured in the longer French broadcast. Of course I appreciate any video, but the facial expressions are so good in that one that it would've been ideal in HD.
  25. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

I don't remember if I posted before, anyway here is one of my fan vids ^^
    Enjoy ^^ http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jVV-QJI8QXA

Yeaaaaah!!!!! :D Thanks!!!
    And I uploaded on youtube the official promo of world champions group number "Wonder" ... here... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RxFl9Qh4dSw&feature=c4-feed-u
  26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, I wish TS will made something like Up for CSOI in future. This style suite them.
    I read on Russian FSO Zueva want to work with Sinitcina-Zniganshin. I wish Scott will work with them too. He could help Ruslan to improve his confiden&#1089;e, will work with him on lifts and emotions.
  27. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Thanks Ice Princess. I'm glad that Tessa is the only girl in that group (the only female World champion from Canada in the cast)... she stands out in a wonderful way. Unreal positions.

Nice vid, I love the Chocolat soundtrack. :)

pani, I think Scott would make a great coach. Interesting that S&Z would work with Marina instead of Igor. I guess she doesn't like that all the Russians are going to him for help.
  28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

It was just rumors, but will be interesting to see.
    I dont think Russian FS federation happy with what Shpilband did with RT
  29. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

First: thanks ^^ and I agree... I love the final pose of the number!!

TS are in the cast of CSOI 2014!

Here the tour dates
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  30. Lety

Lety Member

Thank you Ice Princess, I love all your vids! I also really loved the music and your work with images that last video : D
    Great taste!
  31. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it! *-*
  32. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  33. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

34. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Booked my 2014 CSOI tickets today. I think I got better seats this time but not sure. In any event on ice seats. Will wear my yellow shirt again and maybe Scott will hi five me again!
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  35. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I am sure you will enjoy CSOI!
  36. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Thanks! What kind of book is it?

Great! I'm happy for you!! You surely will enjoy at CSOI!!
  37. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Ice princess the book is about figure skaters who will be in Sochi.
  38. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Hi Emdee so happy for you. When I went into seat sales it says I need offer password? Do you know what this is, please?
  39. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Is CSOI coverage on tonight? I'm seeing a lot of tweets about Tessa and Scott and references to SOI. If it is somebody please record and upload it!
  40. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

It was on (9PM Eastern and then 9PM Pacific as well) I didn't think they would but they showed Stay AND Carmen! I couldn't believe it! The English coverage is only an hour so it was a nice treat!