TESSA & SCOTT #33 Our Living Legends

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Nov 20, 2013.

1. volunteer

volunteer Member

2. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

3. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

LOL -- I don't like the pink dress or the hair down. For me, the dress isn't making a strong enough statement, and the hair is distracting. I've liked pink dresses in the past (see the dress Gordeeva wore for her "Spring" solo program), but this one just isn't doing it for me. As for the hair, I think it's just too long and too straight. Maybe if she curled it a bit or something?

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Just watched 3 FD perfomances in row - TEB, SC and FT.
    First off all - they had THERE moment in Finlandia and SC, all that mood, feelings, emotions. That was amazing to see this in Espoo, thatks God they could show this emotions when i was at the arena and i will rermember this long time :)
    Second. How skirt play a big role in all dance. With lighter skirt in Finland it had more flaw, more movement. So i think she need to change skirt on something like this from her old dress.
    As for colors. I am not sure. Like i said before i wish Tessa will have red dress like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxseLaxl61s
    And Scott in something like in Carmen dark blue.
    I like Tessas hairs down.
    As for TEB - its was absolutly best SD. They have best SD this season for me.
    As for FD. I think last SS look fast and sharp and this is good. But they lost that moment and feeling. They need work more on emotions.
    I felt better, because i see - they could do this. I am not talking about medals, but about what i want to feel after there perfomances.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  5. puglover

puglover Active Member

Thanks for your last post pani. They have made me spell bound when seeing them live as well and - I agree - I so want them to have one of those special moments at this Olympics. The SD is so great and can set them up so well to go into the FD with confidence.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    Some words from Averbuch in his last interview. I am not sure, did he saw new TS programs, but he said VM show iconic style in ice dance. (he was asked - who is icedance style icons for you). He like all programs, which VM show on ice. For him VM are at the another level. They usually didnt tell stories on ice, but the story of the soul with shades and halftones. He was wonder why during all last season americans was on the top. For him VM were much better in choreo of there FD and in quality how they skated it at WCh.
    But both team are ahead of all others. Then he talk about how much Canadian and Americans skating skills are.

http://mosfigurist.ru/?p=1131

7. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Double post

10. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think both the SD & the FD have the potential to be Oly winners. Once you put the emotions into the FD it will be wonderful and I am sure they are capable of having their moment.

Any one have idea about media coverage. i guess it will be when we sleep but I thought maybe I should watch all night and then go to work to rest!! Or I may take a day or two off....

11. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

In Canada, CBC is in partnership with both Sportsnet and TSN to show all the events live and in completion, just like in 2010.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

I agree with the skirt - its needs to be more flowy. Maybe she will wear a pink dress like this for Sochi http://25.media.tumblr.com/493fbe11786041c7e3b9496bb3e259b9/tumblr_mwxh9xaY9g1qhrap4o1_250.jpg :D

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think this one is too pink :D
    Thanks for photo.

14. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I like her hair like that, though.

15. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I thought her red form-fitting FF dress was perfect to show off her lines. I like the pale pink dress, but I'd like to see it be snugger and not loose like the FF one. They could go with an icy blue in dress and shirt for Sochi.

16. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

17. bunhead

bunhead New Member

Did you not see all the comparisons to Mahler 2.0 with their Finlandia outfits? They need to stay away from anything that evokes Mahler in both choreography and costume (in terms of material and color). I vote for complementary tones for Tessa and Scott - like mustard yellow for Tessa and brown for Scott to show different seasons. I've always liked Vanessa Crone and Paul Poirier's red & blue costumes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWnfkJZk020

18. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

From their docu-series.. its a promotional pic

I agree.

19. bunhead

bunhead New Member

20. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I really don't know what you're getting at - what has her red FF dress have to do with Mahler? I liked the fit - I didn't say copy it.

21. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

tessa could be in deep dark blue for winter, scott in burgundy for autumn (kinda suggests their personalities too--tessa the cool one, scott the fiery one). if they like just one color, then i suggest deep dark blue.

22. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

I LOVED that production of Four Seasons, especially Greta's performances.

23. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

YES! Never have I wished more that someone on the VM read this thread. I looooove that.

24. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

the costume or the production--or both?
    I would loooove to see Kudelka do something with V&M.

25. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Both! Most definitely both. In fact, I wonder if Tessa perhaps knows Kudelka. I am speculating of course, but I'd love to see Tessa, Swan, and Kudelka in the same room talking choreography.

26. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Personally I would like to see Tessa in an Zuhair Murad or Elie Saab type of dress or perhaps Reem Acra.

27. lahaa968

lahaa968 Active Member

In that same vein, my rule with skating dresses is that if it looks like it could be a high-end cocktail dress off-ice, it's a success, which is the case for her SD dress. Gorgeous. :swoon:

I'd love some beautiful neutrals. I'd die to see Tessa in a beautiful soft pink/peach but on TV she could look nude...hmm. I detest the green dress we saw at TEB honestly, it just felt old and unexciting.

28. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

30. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Russian photographers are the greatest ;)