TESSA & SCOTT #33 Our Living Legends

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Nov 20, 2013.

1. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I like shades of red. Put Scott in a pink shirt and let Tessa wear a bolder shade in Sochi. I'd like to see how that looks.

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

My dream is red dress for Tessa (like Usova had in Blues of Clock) and something in Carmen style on Scott. Maybe not black, but deep blue.
    I like for them concept a man and a woman more. And without any Proncess outfit on Tessa.

3. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Personally, I love more SC costumes than others.. Scott looks really good in bordeaux shirt *_*
    I not really see him in white shirt again :D
    I think that costumes on red tone color give to FD more feelings and "passion" :) Just more sense IMHO

Mmmh deep blue sounds good! I think he could looks good :cool: But, honestly, T/S are beautiful in any costumes :D

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  4. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Honestly I think it looks better for SD. What was Marina thinking? :confused:

5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Dont know, but her black SD dress is ideal for me.
    I like green dress "live", but it look too Pricess for this FD IMHO.

6. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Tessa's mom was at the fan meeting too?

7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

No, fans talked.with her at the arena.

8. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I love the black dress for the SD. It's so sophisticated and looks great with her creamy flawless complexion. Not everyone can wear black like that. I think the green dress is ok, but would look better with her natural (dark auburn) hair color. Actually, I really don't care what she wears, as long as she likes it and feels comfortable skating in it. Scott is very wise to stick to his plain tasteful attire. I just hope they skate their best, and get their levels with no hanky-panky going on from the techs. and judges. Probably too much to ask for though.

puglover and (deleted member) like this.
  9. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I see that you didn't read my previous posts where I tried to explain why people are doubting the calling at Rostelecom Cup. Anyway, yes, Weaver/Poje can have mistakes, but I think level 2 and 1 in Finnsteps is too much. If they were the only ones to get level 1 at RC for their Finnstep, or one of two, maximum three teams to get that (because level 1 for Heekin-Canedy/Dun doesn't seem surprising at all), then I would believe that they probably just had a really bad skate, but Chock/Bates, Papadakis/Cizeron and Gilles/Poirier getting level 1 too versus all the Russian teams who didn't get any level 1 makes the calling more questionable.

10. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Just out cruising around and came across this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCY4D6J-6WE and I was again reminded me of why Tessa & Scott decided to stay another four years and another shot at Olympic Gold. I had so many "awwww" moments.

11. volunteer

volunteer Member

Thanks for reminding us of that video, so touching, what a once in a lifetime team.

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

13. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Thanks pani :D hahahah :D poor Latin FD :D I have to watch the original now :D ihihihih xD

So, staying in "memories-time", I made a post about one of my favourite group number in a show: "A life loved" from "UP" movie... from SOI 2012... it's so beautiful and touching! I love the way TS interpretate young Carl and Ally *-* And I love the little jump with united feet that Scott made when he realizes that he would become father *-* Tessa is really really nice, as ever *-*
    A short ex but full of emotion, all the skaters were good.

Here my post, with video and pics; enjoy ;) http://fenice.forumcommunity.net/?t=54782177&p=389387365

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. professordeb

Watching the samba was interesting. I haven't watched anything from Ice Age so would you answer a couple of questions for me, please?
    1) Do all couples have to do a "dance" or can they do something like pairs (it is similar to Battle of the Blades here in Canada where couples can "dance" or they can be more like a "pairs" team)?
    2) I think I understand that this was "Olympic" week so did the couples get to choose which dance they were going to do and from which dance couple they were emulating?

Thanks for the link! That was fun.

15. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I actually went back in time and watched V-M's Latin FD. It's so sad it never got the mileage, I rank it number three in my list of best V-M FD.

16. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. It helps to show how difficult it is to adapt samba movement onto ice! Wow.

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They could use any music of Olympic gold medalist in any discipline . For example Totmynina did number on Yagudin music (Schnittke), Domnina - Mishkutenok-Dmitriev Don Qiote from there SP, Marinin - Moonlight Sonata from GG, someone did Kulik program (used his music).
    Yes, it was Olympic week. And yes, they choose what music from OGM programs they will take.
    Denkova skated Bolero.

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

It still for me the one of the most memorable momets from WCh in Moscow (with Kim SP and Chan LP). And this is one off the two most underscored FDs fro me with Carmen.
    How people in Moscow loved this FD. It was such a gret WCh if i look back.

19. volunteer

volunteer Member

True, VM's latin FD really did not get enough mileage, but wasn't it exciting to see these moves? It was delightful to watch them both get into the latin style choreography, especially graceful Tessa.

20. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Yeah I just rewatched the Latin FD
    The Moscow crowd was going crazy over everything - not just their elements but also their transitions and choreography. And I was also going crazy over everything. Whenever I watch this performance as well as many of their others, I find myself clapping from my computer. It's amazing. They're amazing.

21. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

22. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

pani already responded to you, but I still want to clear some things. Most of the skaters that take part in 'Ice Age' are ice dancers, but there are also pairs skaters (Totmianina and Marinin, Petrova and Tikhonov), so ice dancers usually do programs that are closer to ice dancing with their partners, and pairs skaters do programs with pairs skating elements, but I think it is allowed to mix elements a bit. For instance, ice dancers usually don't do high/pairs lifts, but pairs skaters sometimes do ice dancing lifts/elements, as it is easier for them to learn and adapt such elements. In any case, they don't have to do one particular style of program for each separate episode, as the theme is only music that can be sort of stretched too (I don't remember judges ever lowering marks because the music was not completely appropriate for the theme), and to which they can do a program in whatever style/with whatever choreography they want (as the musical themes are usually quite broad and allow it).

Also, for this particular episode, teams had to choose music from any Olympic gold medalist's program - no matter ice dancers or pairs skaters, or even single skaters, and it even didn't have to be an Olympic program. It could be a program that the particular Olympic gold medalist skated in another season (as you could already see from Tessa and Scott's program that Zimina/Tchernyshev chose). Plus, they didn't have to exactly "emulate" that program or skaters in general - they could choose whether to do that at least partially, or make a completely different program with different elements, just to the same music.

She is neither a dancer, nor a skater. She is an actress and TV presenter. So, yes, she is stiffer than Tessa, but I think considering the aforesaid she moves quite well.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  23. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

It's so funny that you guys are discussing Ice Age on here right now, because I just watched that episode! I always look forward to Ice Age even though I have no clue what they're saying! I just love watching the skating! There is nothing I would love more than to see Scott and Tessa do this show! Averbuch and Zhulin are fans of theirs and they have tons of Russian fans too so I think it's definitely a possibility. I want it to be another cup of professionals, and I want them to recruit Gordeeva so I can see her skate with Scott :D :D (I'm not asking for much, haha!!)

If any of you guys want to see the last cup of professionals, this forum has all of the links and English discussions of what happened! http://alexeidiscussiongroup.yuku.com/topic/5074/Ice-Age-2012-Professionals-Cup?page=1#.UpUzucSsjlM

24. professordeb

lauravvv, thanks for the extra detail in explaining Ice Age. It's not a show that I watch, nor one with which I am familiar (except to see people referring to it on this board).

25. Lety

Lety Member

Yes, a few days ago I was watching Tessa and Scott's Latin FD. And no matter how many times I watch that program, I'm always amazed how those two can rock! WOW!! It is impossible not to be infected by their dance. I just want to dance too, when I think about that FD --even not having the slightest talent for it lol. :p

And Ice Princess, thank you for the space dedicated to that number, I really love it too :)

26. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I watched the episode... that was fun. I haven't watched Ice Age in a really long time. I see the judging is as stupid as ever lol. It was so awesome seeing Peter samba... I wish the practice clip were longer, especially the part where he's kinda singing. I loved that they had all the same music cuts as V&M.... good memories. :) The performances to Memorial, City Lights, and Moonlight Sonata were amazing.

I would love to see V&M participate someday. Actually I wish Averbukh would create a World Professional Championship like the ones from the 90s. K&P did some of their best work there. I doubt V&M would want to live in Russia for a whole season of a show but they definitely could do a competition here and there.

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

So, how do you think, guys, will Tessa have new dress for FD at GPF? Not a lot off time for them before competition so I can't see they will change something in programs now, but maybe Tessa have few dresses already?

28. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I hope she will have the same dresses she wore at Skate Canada. Hope she doesnt have the green one. The pink so suits the program and its lovely soft touches.

Of course if they are planning the seasons dresses then yes she will have a rust or brown one for fall!

Once the GPF is over I am planning a complete retrospective of their programs from their earliest.
    Does Iggie's site have all the programs?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think yes, Iggie put all there programs on her site.

30. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

I liked the pink one too. You're right, it suits the program.

I also love Tessa's hair down for the FD. Like the pink dress, it suits the lyrical quality of this program.