TESSA & SCOTT #33 Our Living Legends

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

SD at TEB were great too :hat1:
    Guys, i just try to say, that if Scott belive in them and what they are doing on ice, judges have there marks for OG already. And i find this weired, that referee could gave 4 points dedaction to Sinitsina-Zhiganshin at Universiade and nobody explane skaters, why they got that dedactions. The same were with TS in Paris - they did the same lift and got levek 4.
    And when DW had mistake and got World Record this made farce from this competition. I think nobody deserve to get 10, because nobody is perfect, especially with mistake and wrong style in SD. But we saw everything in Japan.
    Plus i cant understand, why Zoueva didnt have any responsobility for this results with two great TS perfomances? But she even push them to skate 4 times at OG. She is hypnotist :D

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Cant understand only 1 point - this reflected on there traning. Why people still talking about this after the way they skated at GPF?
    Did they will made TV show untill OG?

4. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

As I understood, Davis/White are going to skate all four times at Olympics too.

5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They must, because USA number 2 team couldnt compete with Russians and WP. But TS could made 1 dance with WP - FD. I didnt see any problems, both teams will be second after DW

6. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

7. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

That video makes me laugh :lol: Tessa and SCott are definitely rising above! Meteorically!

Exactly! V/M weren't the ones who preformed poorly at GPF. It was D/W and for some reason they still won?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  8. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

But they did not do the show five weeks before the Games, it's done already. As for it being a distraction, I think what we saw at the GPF proves it was the opposite.

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This is my point too :)

10. Zazy

Zazy Member

For some reason, COP doesn't consider ice coverage when giving GOE for lifts. V/M have a clear advantage in this area but the judges aren't supposed to reward them for it.

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

The same with twizzles. I think in pair skating team are rewarding for good ice coverage during lifts.
    Maybe someone could pay attention to this, but look like all dont care. For example Carole Lane was one, who could start talking about this. But when you have coach, who couldnt talk about you better qualities in skating compare your rivals, why others must care?

12. chmea

chmea New Member

13. blueglass

blueglass New Member

What Scott meant in his after GP interview was that they want to skate their best AND win. He was simply pointing out that they skated their best at this event and didn't win, therefore there is something they don't understand (in the scoring). Well join the club!

VM's show is a documentary, not a reality show of staged activities. If anything it should have helped them to focus on something other than Sochi. Obviously the producers can edit the film to project a storyline but VM aren't being asked either to act or to fake emotions. I'm looking forward to it.

14. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

time for a new thread! what was the suggested title again?

15. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: Me, a DW's fan?! "OH PLEASE!!" :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :p

It's ok, don't worry ;) Maybe you din't saw my "crazy project" lol :D

About thread title: I like "17 Seasons for Sochi" but I admit that one quote that I most love is Scott's quote: "Together. Every step. Every moment. Every breath." :shuffle:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  16. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I think we should wait on 17 seasons until the next thread. I like Ice Princess's suggestion.

17. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

We must have different ideas as to what a documentary means.

I know they're calling it a documentary but from the clips and the few photos released up to now it's looking very much like a show of staged activities.

I would like to be wrong but things are looking too OTT and fabricated for my taste.

You don't think Tessa lying on the ice and crying is acting or over-dramatizing her emotions? To me it screams fake.

18. parapluies

I think people should wait to watch the whole thing before they make assumptions like this^. The advertisments can be misleading.

19. Dolore

Dolore Member

Looking at the other shows of that network and the production company could be an indicator. Is the W Channel serious when it comes to reality shows and documentaries or do they prefer the Khardashian/E Channel approach ? Tessa and Scott probably had some influence on the end product but a channel won't change their path just like that so looking at the other shows should actually be quite telling about what we can expect :)

20. parapluies

But you will never know until you see the whole show.

21. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

They can call it a documentary all they like but based on the promos and clips we've seen it's obviously a reality series. And I remember in one interview Tessa said they hope they had enough interesting story lines that would entertain people and keep them watching. Anyways it doesn't matter, I'm not one of those people that's against reality shows--I enjoy quite a few of them.
    What if we don't finish the new thread before Sochi though?

22. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Wow. I'm only gone a few days and there are tons of posts to catch up on! Thanks everyone for the pictures, videos, and other links.

I think we should go ahead and use 17 Seasons to Sochi now.

23. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

What about a title that refers to their next competition goal - winning their 6th senior national championship in Ottawa?

24. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I
    t seems to take a month to go through a thread. With Nats in January I think we will finish next thread before Sochi. I like both suggestions.

25. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

We will finish the thread before Sochi
    We like to talk
    We have the reality show to talk about also Nats.
    Otherwise we can just hurry it along so the week before Sochi we have the 17 seasons thread.

26. Sonata

Sonata Active Member

That interview they did with their fans on the first page gave a lot of potential ideas for titles:

Athleticism and Artistry
    Trust and Connection
    Dancing with Heart

Or to quote Kaitlyn Weaver about V/M: "The quintessential ice dance team of our time"

27. NorthernDancers

NorthernDancers Active Member

I like that last one! :)

28. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I like "Together."

29. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Together!

30. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

make up your minds! ;) or let's just keep this thread running until the moderators lock it down