TESSA & SCOTT #33 Our Living Legends

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Nov 20, 2013.

1. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Her beige mahler dress had visible illusion straps as well, so she might actually like that look.

2. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Oh, that's my favorite Mahler dress! That's the one she wore at TEB, correct? When she lost an earring?

3. Bue

Bue New Member

No, she wore a frankly pretty ugly white dress at TEB. I think the beige might have been Nats. It was beautiful!

For this FD I hope this keep the pink/bordeaux combo but go with a bolder pink for the dress. Maybe a darker, duskier rose colour.

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think designer is the same :) And maybe designer is not from FS World. But i could be wrong.
    I am OK with this costumes, when TS skate like they did in GPF.
    I only hope she will not try cold colors. I think spmethign warm are better for this dance. And i still dream about red dress for her, but will be OK if they will use this costumes for OG.
    But i understand your point and maybe she really need dress made in the better quality.

Dont want she will use Barbie pink :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  5. Golightly

Then it must be the one she wore at Nats. I love that dress, it might be my favorite dress she's worn. Maybe up there with the Funny Face red dress. That's why I wish she wore red, she stands out so much more. It accentuates her lines.

ETA: Also, the seasons she wore red, they won ;)

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Honestly, i think red and pink brin luck to the sakters ;)

7. Golightly

I agree ;)

8. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

No, it was the one she wore for Nationals and the GPF. She wore a white halter dress at TEB.

9. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Danielle, that is so cool! You are so lucky to have trained with Paul as well.
    Will you be photographing Nationals? I hope so!

As for the costume, I hope she changes the gathering at the bust...it is sort of ruched with a piece of fabric there that I don't think looks good. I love the lace and the chiffon and the colour (I immediately thought of Vocalise, too, sap5 and zilam98) but also wonder what happened with the colour of the illusion fabric.

I would love a cap sleeve as well.

10. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

I think that is one of the prettiest dresses She has ever wore. I also absolutely detested that beige Mahler dress the color clashed so much with her skin. I hope she never wears something like that.

11. Lety

Lety Member

I like the pink dress, it is delicate and fits well in the program. And I had not thought about pink before and when I first saw it, I thought it was the perfect color.
    But I'd love something a liiiittle bit darker, but not a barbie pink lol
    But if she changed the color, I'd like something with the color of the ocean. Something deep. :)

12. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

As someone who suffered through the Barbie phase with my kids her dresses are NOT Barbie pink ;)

13. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

That season as well she was experimenting with different dresses. She and Marina had different visions. So it's possible that is why one of her dresses then had similar to this one.

I agree with pani. They should wear warmer colours, they work better with the story they are trying to tell. I wouldn't mind seeing her and Scott switch colours just to see how she looks in the darker shade.

14. Dolore

Dolore New Member

The Bordeaux red might be a bit too heavy for Tessa's light complexion. I hope she keeps the pink theme with a little darker shade and a dress that looks less like a nightgown. But as long as Scott doesn't wear pink everything's okay :lol:

15. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

It's funny reading through these last posts and so many different opinions on Tessa's dresses. Beauty in the eye of the beholder.

I have to say I agree with this sentiment. I detested the beige Mahler dress, I thought it was one of the ugliest skating dresses I ever saw on Tessa. I might have liked the concept a little more (maybe!) if it hadn't been for the pukey beige color. (Gag!)

I didn't like any of the first Mahler dresses so I was really happy the one for the Olympics ended up being something so beautiful.

As far as the present pink dress for the Seasons FD. I liked the change to a chiffon skirt, it really made it flow nicely.

I also love the bodice, but not the illusion straps. One of the reasons I like this bodice is because it's so very different from the iconic Mahler (Olympic) dress. I think it's important this FD dress be as different as possible from that Mahler dress.

16. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I actually liked the pinky-beige dress, I guess because it's a colour few can wear. Her Olympic dress was perfection. Just out of curiosity, does anyone think that if Scott had worn a tux for the SD they'd have beaten DW? That's the only thing I can find that they had over VM.

17. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

No.

I didn't like her Olympic FD dress. I wish the bodice had been more fitted and was a different shape overall.

18. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

I certainly hope I will be granted accreditation! I've applied! :D I'm counting down the days already.

19. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Lol yea I don't think that would have helped.

I too absolutely hated that beige dress she wore for Nats. I thought it was horrible and it goes on the bad list along with the sparkly dress from ANMHE (though people say it was spectacular live) and that sparkly black dress she tried in practice for FF.

I hope you get the accreditation Dani! It's finally hitting me that I'm going to be there live. I really can't believe it.

20. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

can anyone show videos that compare body leaning vs. executing a really good edge?

since we're talking about bladework, can someone make illustrative videos between v/m's bladework in their FD vs other teams'? that way, there's more proof to what v/m fans are talking about their skating rather than just what other teams' fans would accuse v/m fans as ubership ;)

21. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Actually, effective use and management of body lean is part of strong edging technique. What teams often lose levels on in step sequences and pattern dances is incorrectly placing the blade and then leaning onto the correct edge. Another sign of good edging technique is keeping the upper body relaxed (not throwing the body forward or into the ice).

I wish i could make videos but i am really technologically-challenged. But there are some good ones on youtube that i used to help me with my skating.

Btw, i hope you get accreditation, Danielle!

Golightly, i also loved the design of that GPF/nationals dress but wish they would have done it in more of a blush/dusty rose. It looked like couture.

22. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

Tessa looks best in a dress with a low cut back (ala Mahler), it accentuates her perfect posture and makes her looks more regal. I would love the seasons costuming if Scott stayed the same and Tessa had a pink dress in the same shade as the current, but with a cut closer to the Mahler or 2011 SD dress.

23. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Ehy guys, I made a crazy (or maybe not) project...

We have always accused DW to be the same in every program, saying that if you put another music does not change anything, just the costumes. Well, that's what I did. Last night, I began simply out of curiosity and to take away this doubt, but the doubt has materialized. So I decided to make these videos so as to show them to you and see what you think. I swapped the musics and programs of the past season with the current one, ditto for VM .. with the only difference that for the FD I used Mahler seen that is the object of criticism this year.

Davis & White - I have found that 95% (or something more) of all 4 programs fits perfectly.

DW #1 Giselle - My Fair Lady

DW #1 My Fair Lady - Giselle

DW #3 Notre Dame - Sherazade

DW #4 Sherazade - Notre Dame

Virtue & Moir - Not matches absolutely nothing.

VM #1 And The Waltz Go On - Cheek to Cheek

VM #2 Cheek to Cheek - And The Waltz Go On

VM #3 Mahler - Seasons

VM #4 Seasons - Mahler

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

*Ice Princess* , good joke :lol:

25. blueglass

blueglass New Member

My question about Scott in a tux was actually not meant to be humorous. Wasn't White told in earlier years that the judges wanted to see him in a tux? Or am I imagining that. If costuming weren't important there wouldn't be so many posts about poor Tessa's dresses here. Sometimes I think a few of these costume criticisms are just a sneaky way to criticize her body type - not all but some. Anyway here's the question then, is costuming reflected in the final mark either officially or unofficially?

26. Golightly

What? What's wrong with her body type and why would we even sneakily criticize it? We're just saying that a better dress might accentuate certain features she has. As mentioned above, she has impeccable posture. That makes her look very regal. She needs a dress that shows off her arm and back lines, like the Funny Face dress did or many others she's worn. Even last year's dress for the SD. So, no, no one here's criticizing her "body type", whatever that means.

27. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Giselle and Mfl unbelievable. .....they even hit the notes!

The Mahler beginning works with seasons but then the dance and the music part ways.

28. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

i don't get why you keep repeating that--that criticisms on v/m's costumes are veiled attacks on them. fans will always have opinions on what might be better or enhance their chances of winning, like saying brad pitt needs to get his hair trimmed.

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think costumes are very important, thats why skaters spend a lot off money on there skating outfit. I am not sure judges tell skaters to change outfit (i read, that ISU officials didnt like Tessas SD dress from last season), but skaters try to find costumes, wich will work with there programs better, will be more beautifull (and like Zoueva said - a lot off depend even from light at the arena).
    I think we discussed VM costumes just because we wish them to be in there best at OG. But again, all people have different opinins. Like with Mahler dresses.
    That dress from Nationals and GPF maybe look great in static (but i think this color didnt loo good on Tessa) and were very baletic, but it didnt look good in motions.
    And when i see her dress from the OG i understand, that this maybe not best dress ever, but it very simple, beautifull and look good during liftes.

As for my favorite Tessas dresses. Waltz Triste, FF, golden for Latin FD and one from Nice SD, Carmen

30. Sandypaws04

Sandypaws04 New Member

I've watched teams practice while another team's music is playing many times, where you would swear that it could be their music. I think in watching these videos you've proven that both teams could interchange their music. I thought that Scott and Tessa's Mahler-Seasons had many areas where it appeared they were "right on" the music. I don't think having music that fits a different program proves that you do the same program every year, it only proves that there are many programs choreographed to similar rhythms and beats of music, as in those montages that people make for youtube. They lay any old piece of music over a video and it works perfectly. This proves that D/W and V/M either do the same program every year or neither of them does. Look again, I think your bias is showing...just saying.

mollymgr and (deleted member) like this.