TESSA & SCOTT #33 Our Living Legends

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Nov 20, 2013.

1. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

V/M'S TES!!! :cheer:

2. kingandqueen

kingandqueen New Member

It's a world record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. kingandqueen

kingandqueen New Member

I am so looking forward to see the program!

4. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

77.59 for the SD! Way to go Tessa and Scott. That's what I was looking for. I can't wait to see the performance as well.

5. parapluies

Not anymore. When will ISU stop overscoring D/W?

6. apple123

apple123 Banned Member

Go to hell, the judges! V/M got beaten by that?!

7. bunhead

bunhead New Member

With only 0.07 separating VM and DW's SD scores! That's with Charlie a little less than perfect on the twizzles...

I didn't get a chance to watch VM's SD live -- how was it??? Any significant changes in this outing?

8. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

Though I still believe Tessa and Scott have the best SD in the field, I didn't expect them to win. I have to console myself with the fact that they put it all out there and continue to improve their scores. Hopefully this gives them confidence in the FD.

9. kingandqueen

kingandqueen New Member

Unfortunately not. And I hope that as soon as possible. But the gap is only 0.07 points.

10. apple123

apple123 Banned Member

I just can't believe that! It's over. The judges are handing D/W the OGM. Even D/W have made mistakes, V/M still can't win. What the ice dancing has come to?

11. bunhead

bunhead New Member

The last bit of DW's SD that I caught, they looked flat and didn't look too happy with themselves at the end. Are the two SDs really that close for the judges? I'm not trying to start any wars...just genuinely curious. I can't wait until some kind soul puts these performances on YouTube so I can judge for myself.

12. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

idk what Tessa & Scott have to do. They skate perfectly & they get second. DW skate with mistakes and get first? Very, very unfair.

13. parapluies

14. apple123

apple123 Banned Member

Meryl said at k&C "I just assumed we were in second place." Well done, the judges!

15. apple123

apple123 Banned Member

Have the judges not seen how extremely close V/M skated to each other today, while an elephant can get through D/W? And the extension and symmetric lines of V/M in comparsion to D/W's bent legs? Mistakes on twizzles cost nothing for D/W, and they cash on PCS. Really?! What's so brilliant and memorable about D/W's SD? I see nothing.

16. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

Short Dance video video

17. parapluies

Yes bravo at them for inflating their scores! :cheer2: V/M deserve to be 1st place.

18. Lety

Lety Member

The happiness I felt after seeing Tessa and Scott skating so well just went away. They couldn't have been more unjust. I'm starting to hate this sport. I really had not felt it before but I can't stand that farce anymore.
    I'll try to keep in mind that regardless of anything Tessa and Scott did their best, and this is the most important for me.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  19. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I agree with you Lety. It's makes me physically sick. Cheers though to Tessa and Scott for aggressively nailing it.

20. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I'm not saying I'm okay with it, just explaining it. I'm not up on pop stuff so I don't really know what the fly thing is. I've pretty much only read comments about Meryl's beauty so I guess I miss a lot. You shouldn't read that stuff.

21. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

Today's SD was draining for sure. I hope Tessa & Scott still feel wonderful after skating a great SD though they are second.

22. krystha

krystha New Member

Oh no i thought that the politics was Over in This sport. So it is fair to say that They want Davis and White to win even if They are clearly second.

23. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

This sport just lost one fan at least in me. I just don't get it. Of course I will always be a fan of V/M, but can't put my head around the judging. :(

24. Lety

Lety Member

Yes, and Meryl and Charlie knew they would be second before their scores were shown --what didn't happen, of course :/. Even them knew Tessa and Scott were best.

25. blueglass

blueglass New Member

Any little flaw that V/M make receives a deduction, usually quite a noticeable one. Any little flaw D/W make is overlooked. I guess this begs the question, how can V/M possibly win this season?

26. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I just don't get it.
    Was that really the best from D/W ?.
    Even when V/M marks came up I knew what was going to happen (& that is sad).
    I would have had D/W 3rd today.
    The error from Charlie was clear.
    I feel for Tessa & Scott fan's. As a huge fan of Nathalie & Fabian I can see what's going on. What's the point of having a judging panel ?.

27. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

There's no point since they're gonna hand gold medals to DW even with mistakes. The overscoring is very obvious; I don't know how people would miss it.

28. ceg15

ceg15 New Member

If you send a message to the ISU complaining, will the ISU even look at it/respond?

29. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

It's not just that, sadly. Look at the eight on VM's protocols. I do know that gets tossed out, but honestly, hand in your heart, after a skate like that, not a step out of sync, not a flaw, how can a judge see that merits a score in the eights on the PCS? It's sad that the winner here, at least on this portion of the competition, was decided on personal preference. The PCS is ridiculous. When VM botch twizzles, they pay for it. And dearly. How can you get an astronomical score on PCS when you had visible flaws. Even the step sequence looked tight.

I wonder which boxes did DW exactly "tick" to have gotten that PCS? When VM won Worlds in 2012, the DW apologists made all this drama because "Tessa herself said the skate was flawed", when in truth, what she said was that there was a bobble on their performance (one that, checking the protocols then, did have an effect on the PCS as the bobble was not on an element). I wonder what they'll say now when Meryl herself said "I thought we'd be second".

But, you know, nothing to do. Upwards and onwards, Tessa and Scott. Here's hoping for a FD just as magnificently skated as today's SD.

30. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

this almost reminds of that debacle with g/p in the 98 olys where she made a mistake in the GW CD (a very little one, but very crucial step), and the team didnt get dinged for it. and went on to win the olys.

even though this event is not the olys, it will still go down in history where a team got a WR on the SD on an obviously flawed performance, on an element at that.