TESSA & SCOTT #33 Our Living Legends

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Nov 20, 2013.

1. os168

os168 Active Member

Good luck V/M! I am rooting for ya!!! This is Ice Dancing, and you are the best natural dancer say is it all.

:lol: Carmen OMG reaction... I so totally :respec::biggrinbo:cheer::GnP1::cheer2::swoon:

2. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

it's so breathtaking to see the close up on tessa's facial expressions during carmen, especially since the performance is for a stress-free CSOI and not a competition. she expresses with more abandon in those kinds of shows.

3. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

She was born to be a performer. You can see she loves the creative aspect of the sport the most.

4. Jeanne7

Jeanne7 Member

These close ups rock - such intensity, such amazing interpretation. Can't wait for this weekend

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  5. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thank you, pani. Finally we get videos :)! I watched both programs. Tessa and Scott are just amazing. And that's great that there are closeups where we can see all their expressions - they are very good actors indeed. But on the other hand, I think those closeups are too close. If we didn't know how those dances look/all the choreographic details in them from other videos, we wouldn't understand that from these videos. Especially 'Carmen'. We can see Tessa and Scott's expressions very well, but we can't see most of the moves and lifts in their entirety. Not to mention the skating. Probably I have to rewatch, and then my perception will change, but I am not sure.

About the acting - perhaps they really are even better at that when skating 'Carmen' in shows, simply because they have more freedom and less pressure there than at competitions. Also - they don't have the circular step sequence to the slow section in this show version. I liked it a lot, but I can see how some people may have thought that the expression was a bit too soft and tender for 'Carmen' there, even for that moment when they had the illusion of love. I thought so too, but as I really liked the step sequence itself, I had no problem with that.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  6. skatingguy

skatingguy Active Member

7. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I totally loved this Carmen. It kicked ass and took no prisoners. There was no worry about trying to impress the judges, only performing for the masses who truly love them. I have yet to read where anyone thought it was too soft or tender. In fact, it was just the opposite for me. Tessa was THE diva and she drove that performance. I must admit, I missed the first 5 -10 seconds and am wondering, did Scott roar or was that only done at Worlds last season?

Stay ... WOW! and I finally heard the back story to this dance. I'm simply blown away and hoping to see it live at Canadians in January. If not, I just may have to find a way to wiggle some money out of hubby and go to London in May.

8. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Scott did "roar" :)rolleyes:) only at WCh... I miss his roar but ehy, THIS performance, with THIS interpretation haven't egual :cool:

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

My point is its good to see both versions. This one is perfect for TV show. I like, that Canadina TV not just show programs, like at competitions, but did reall TV show.
    And for sure judges see all this faciall expression from there Vip seats near the ice :)

11. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

12. krystha

krystha New Member

I am so excited and nervous at the same Time. I so want them to win.

13. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Me too krystha!!!!

14. Bue

Bue New Member

I almost want them to win this more than Olys or Worlds. It would be so sweet for them to finally take the GPF. Remember I said *almost* :D

15. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

LoL :D

Do so: we do that everyone of us wants that they win GPF, Olys and Worlds :D :rofl: :lol: :shuffle:

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

17. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

19. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

I personally think that if V/M happen to win one section (SD or FD) they have a chance at winning the Olympics. But the winner for GPF is obviously already decided.

20. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

How do you know this?

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Maybe because of what judges said on FSU? And VM season score?

22. parapluies

Just based on the scoring that happened during the Grand Prix. V/M do have an edge on the SD and it would be criminal for D/W to beat them there. But their FD needs work.

23. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

The judges said something on FSU? What they said?

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

In "V&M vs D&W - Help from dance experts out there! (no uber fans please)" thread comment from Australian judge and comments on CCTV5 from judge from China, who worked on 2012 WCh

25. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

My thoughts are opposite - they will give them GPF but Olys is decided....

But I have been saying Ohmmmmm whenever I get agitated and then I enjoy looking at their programs. That is the trade off for us ubers. Not medals and victory but great programs that will be forever remembered.

26. parapluies

I like to think the opposite because V/M lost GPF in 2009 but they ended up winning Olympics :D

27. parapluies

I have a hard time beliveing those experts because you never know if that ISU meeting was endorsed or lobbied by the USFSA. Alot of ice dancers and coaches backed up V/M after their unwarranted loss with Carmen and maybe USFSA PR wanted to make sure that everyone knew D/W deserved to win. I think out of all opinions I trust Zhulin the most. He competed in ice dancing did that Chinese judge compete in Ice Dancing as well?

28. Sonata

Sonata Member

I've not doubt that V/M went back after their last GP and worked on their FD a lot. They always examine their performances after a competition and come back stronger.

I read the Australian judge's comments and my impression is that the judge thinks V/M are superior, but D/W just tick off more boxes under the system. (Maybe other people will read the comments differently.) Makes me think that V/M can just adjust certain moves to tick more boxes.

Do I think V/M have a chance at Olympics? Yes. They are a special, once-in-a-generation team. I personally think they are on their way to being legends. When I think of teams deserving to be two-time Olympic gold medallists, they are the first ones to come to mind.

29. krystha

krystha New Member

I just hope that the results won't be fixed like it is in Synchronized swimming.

I like D/W but for me they are not as much passionate and good as V/M.

They are legends yes, and I hope for the both of them that they will be judged fairly and that the judges will see that they are superior.

:)

30. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I think you nailed it. In fact, it's what Skate Canada should have done in 2012 for V/M after the negative stuff coming from the American camp.

What are ISU judges doing commenting on a figure skating fan forum? Surely that's not allowed.