Terra Nova

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Bostonfan, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I don't see a thread on this show that premiered last night. Did anyone watch? I really enjoyed it. Although I kept thinking that it was a rough first day on Terra Nova for the Shannon family :)

It's not as engaging as the 2 hour premiere of LOST was, but it was still pretty fun to watch. I doubt it'll be as mythology-driven as LOST, but it has set up some intriguing questions.

I was a little confused at the end with the dialogue between the two "sixers". I'm not clear on whether they were saying that the lead guy's "missing" son was leaving the equations on the rocks?

I'm planning to tune in again.

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I tried but I couldn't like it. I thought some of the special effects were :rolleyes: inducing. The children really got on my nerves and then the adults just weren't likable. As I said in the other thread, I found myself rooting for the dinosaurs. I am most intrigued by the other group of people, how they came to be there and what the markings all mean but I doubt the reveal will be quick enough to keep my interest.

3. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I didn't see another thread. Moderators, feel free to close this one. I'll find the other discussion.

4. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

5. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I had it on, but it didn't really hold my attention and I lost the plot at some point. I will watch it next week, though and see if it picks up.

6. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

I watched it and kinda liked it. So much that I set my DVR to record it each week. Not many new shows do I do that with. :)

Much like Lost, there are a lot of questions to be answered. Hopefully, unlike Lost, questions will get answered on this show. LOL

7. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I like it and will continue to watch because I love most sci-fi type shows. They are a dime a dozen but so very few lost very long.

8. BigB08822

We are all really jonesing for more Lost episodes I think.

:shuffle:

9. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I loved it. The 2nd hour was definitely more exciting in regards to action. Lots of interesting plot lines. Who are the Sixers? Why are they there? Why is the son scribbling all the symbols at the waterfall (totally debunked my theory about aliens). Father of stupid girl who got mauled by the dino must be the inside guy. What's the relationship with Skye and the fearless leader? I thought it was great.

10. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

That is what they were saying.

11. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

I'd love for the channel to bring Virtuality instead of that crap. Or outcast, take your pick.
    But this lame adaptation of jurassik park is so far all kind of wrongs.

12. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I really enjoyed Terra Nova and I'm glad it has it's own thread now. I'm intrigued by the mysteries that they've set up and I love Jason O'Mara too so I'll keep watching. Excited to find out what's next for everyone next week. :)

13. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

In a TV world that cancelled Chicago Code and only has Justified on 13 weeks starting in February....I actually found the 2 hour first episode to be entertaining. I rather like the silver-haired commando in charge, but then, he does remind me of an ex-boyfriend, or at least how he looks now on Facebook. Seriously, it was entertaining. Yes, the characters are all pretty by the book. Yawn. But damn-those dinos are fabulous! Chomp chomp! Perhaps a lottery on which of the sweet little family get eaten first?

14. BigB08822

The silver haired dude that is in charge just reminds me of the guy on Avatar. I actually thought it was him but after looking closely I don't think it is. It just feels like they took that character and said "yeah, we want one of him!"

15. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Actually, it is the same guy. It's the great Stephen Lang. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002332/

16. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I was going to say, it *is* him. lol

17. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

I even liked Lang in Avatar. He was the only character in the whole long slog of a movie who actually was interesting. Everyone else was cardboard. Yeah, great special effects, but by the 2nd hour, I was rooting for the bad guy with the silver hair.

18. hydro

hydro Well-Known Member

I finally got caught up on it. It's basically LOST with dinosaurs and some psuedo-sci-fi glossed on top. I'll probably keep watching when I have a free afternoon, it's very good popcorn tv.

The lead actor who plays the cop/dad is :grope:

19. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Yeah I like it too. Hopefully it sticks around because I love the concept. :)

20. HeatherC

I missed last week's ep due to a meeting but will be watching again tomorrow. Anything important I need to know before tomorrow evening's show?! :)

21. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Do you have On Demand? You could still see last week's episode. :) Dr. Elizabeth's former flame showed up, and Josh and Maddy are developing romantic interests with some of the locals. LOL Oh yeah, there was a dino attack. Little flying ones this time. :)

22. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

The guy in charge of Terra Nova (can't recall his name - white haired military guy) had a son with him at Terra Nova, but he (the son) is no longer there (he is said to have disappeared). It isn't clear why, but apparently he (the son) created the writing on the stones near the waterfall (as seen in the first episode). And the guy in charge knows this. As do the Sixers, who seem to think that son is trying to torment his dad, for some reason. There were also multiple references to the real reason for Terra Nova and clearly we must continue watching for the truth to be revealed...

And, um, on less important topics, son and potential new girlfriend are, um, evolving towards becoming gf and bf. The soldier that older daughter likes seems to like her in return. And mom and dad, after several attempts, finally got :grope: .

23. HeatherC

Thanks for the info! I don't have On Demand so I'm stuck waiting for Fox to put their stuff on their website and apparently they're always like a week behind with their shows. I hate that! I'm still two weeks behind on Glee too. :slinkaway

24. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Watched it tonight and although there were less dinos, I still loved it! I wonder what is it about Taylor that got the Sixers all fired up?! Why do they want Taylor gone sooo badly and what is in the box?

25. hydro

hydro Well-Known Member

Could not get into tonight's episode at all. It just feels like a rehash of LOST with bad actors. Still going to keep watching, but I hope it gets more interesting.

26. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh well... I still like it but then again I was never able to get into Lost and stopped watching after the first couple of episodes. LOL

27. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I thought I was going to like this show, but, I just can't get into it.

28. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Terra Nova is up 24 % and I could not be any happier! :cheer2: Plus there are so many hottie guys on the show! :p

29. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

30. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

:shuffle: Add me to the group that gave up on the show. I realized it wasn't happening for me when I had no interest in watching my DVR'd episodes.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.