Tennis on ice

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by DustPuppyOI, Feb 27, 2012.

1. DustPuppyOI

DustPuppyOI Well-Known Member

2. winterone

winterone Banned Member

3. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

It makes more sense than broomball where they run around the ice in their shoes.

4. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I almost missed this thread.

Hey I am all for it. Although I did notice the boys were very selfish and didn't give the girls a go.

I read the Monica Seles was a figure skater.

5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Here I was thinking it was sliding around on shoes a la the French Open on slippery clay.

I actually think it would be great cross-training. Stay on your feet, change directions quickly, anticipate, all while trying to hit the ball.

6. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I think the next question to ask is:

Who you would like to see play tennis against each other?

First one that comes to mind is Evan and Johnny. Johnny will turn up in some Lady Gaga inspired creation and Evan will just look at him and say "You can't be serious?"

7. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I believe Plushenko is an avid tennis player - maybe he can play Evan for the Platinum trophy.

8. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Roman Kostomarov and Alexander Zhulin are both into tennis. I recall Zhulin saying he's a Federer fan ;) His daughter with Navka plays tennis competitively.

9. DustPuppyOI

DustPuppyOI Well-Known Member

Considering the table tennis that has been played on tours and such, does that kind of action translate to tennis... ermm... on ice? Or should there be a new sport, table tennis on ice?

10. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

It's too bad that the tradition in tennis is to wear all WHITE. Evan, the anti-tennis guy.

11. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Didn't last long. Kept getting disqualified for grunting whenever she'd land a jump.