Ted (Spoilers alert)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Aussie Willy, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I couldn't see a thread about this one so thought I would get it started.

Saw this film today. Seth McFarlane is a perverted genius. I think one of the filthiest minds today. But thoroughly enjoyed it and loved all the 80s references.

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

It looks so horrendous. I can not watch a movie about a stuffed animal. Is it funny, at least? It doesn't help that Mark Wahlberg is in this, he seems like such a douche.

3. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Well I thought it was funny but then it is made by the guy who does Family Guy and American Dad which is the same type of humour. If you don't like either of those then I daresay you won't like this movie. The bear is pretty filthy.

As for the animated bear, I think they have done Ted really well. Not your normal stuff toy.

4. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I love Family Guy so maybe I would like it. I saw a few .gif animations of this movie today and could not stop laughing at some of the things I saw that bear doing. If I go in knowing it is going to dumb then it might not disappoint. I just was thrown off when I first saw the preview.

5. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

All of the reviews I've read so far have been positive. I'm excited to go see it.

6. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

I want to see this movie. Love "Family Guy" and "American Dad". Seth McFarlane is hilarious and does soooo many different voices. Mila Kunis also voices Meg on "Family Guy".

7. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I still get a kick out of the idea of Mila Kunis voicing Meg, even though I've known that for about 10 years now.

8. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I can't read this thread, because I plan to see this yet. I want to see this wicked bad. Wicked, wicked bad.

9. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

We saw it last night. It is what I call "Seth McFarlane Awful"--inappropriately funny and terrifically dumb. If you like Family Guy, you'll enjoy it.

10. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Is that a positive or negative review? :lol:

11. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

:rofl: Positive. Because I like inappropriate humor sometimes.