TEB 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by allezfred, Apr 26, 2012.

1. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

2. beebee

beebee Active Member

Anyone know which side the judges are on? Is it the side with the Gold seats or the other side?

3. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

It's the side of the areas D, E, F, G.

4. stephanie2006

stephanie2006 Member

And does anyone know HOW you can book seats on the judges side?
    We've been sitting on the "wrong" side for 4 years and are tired of it.

5. morqet

morqet Active Member

On the Friday the judges side is usually not open, or only open to the school groups they give tickets to. No idea about the Saturday though, maybe if you call Bercy direct instead of trying to do it online?

6. marysy

marysy Active Member

On Friday, the judges' side isn't necessarily closed. Since tickets for the short programs are open seating, if you enter from the other side and decide to walk around the arena, there's nothing preventing you from doing so. Not entirely sure if this was necessarily allowed, but it's exactly what we did this past year. I think most people who sat over there have some association with the skating federations though.

7. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

And with the media. I don't remember if it was last year or before but the access by the top circular concourse was barred to the public by big fences guarded by stewards, you could not get through.

8. beebee

beebee Active Member

Trying to order tickets on the website and having lots of trouble. I don't know if the website is not particularly user friendly or my computer and/or I am not too swift. It seems to take forever for the seating chart to load (over and over for each day, while the timer is running) and I'm not able to order tickets using the option of choosing your own seat. Has anyone else successfully ordered tickets?

I've never attended any GP events other than SC and SA--would love to go to TEB this year.

9. stephanie2006

stephanie2006 Member

It's not possible to choose your seats.
    You can only "play the system" by working together with friends or different browsers, to block the suggested seats for 20 minutes and choose the next suggested seats etc. Very tiring.

10. MattysMom2005

MattysMom2005 New Member

Very frustrating ticket site, maybe it works well if you are actually in France.

Trying to purchase Cat1 tickets, I selected both the "Auto" option and selecting port N (although I actually want E or F but they are not options) and when I get to the next page, I get this response while it tries and tries to open a seat map. Can go no further.

Merci de patienter pendant le chargement du plan

Any suggestions?

11. Carina

Carina Member

12. MattysMom2005

MattysMom2005 New Member

Yes. Today I finally got a response other than a spinning circle, lol.

13. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

I tried doing that in 2010, and was told to get back to the other side! :(

14. MattysMom2005

MattysMom2005 New Member

FINALLY got tickets for Saturday LP !! In the gold area, portal P, row 23, which looks like it is about 7 rows from the ice. (After many searches for seats in different price levels, I figured out they number the rows from the top down.)

Does anyone know how many rows there are? If there are 25, then we're in row 3 :)

Also re: the SP, we were assigned specific seats so not so sure about it being open seating:
    Friday, 16 November 2012 at 3:15 PM STANDARD RATE CATEGORY 1 49.50 €
    Entree principale - ROW 08 - PLACE 76 - FAUTEUIL

15. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

I don't understand how you got charged 49.50 Euros, it is free seating on Friday for 16.50 Euro as far as I see on the site. Maybe they assign some seat so that they know how many are sold.
    You cannot sit on the judges side as a spectator. You might be able to sneak over on Friday but usually security will check whether you got an accredidation or not at some time during the first competition on that day.

There are 24 rows and then 4 more downwards, which seem to be closed off. So I guess your seat on saturday is 2nd row. Have fun!

16. MattysMom2005

MattysMom2005 New Member

The 49.50 was for 3 seats.