Team Yuna vs. Team Orser: Who's at Fault?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Doubletoe, Aug 28, 2010.

?

Who's at fault in the Kim-Orser breakup & media battle?

Poll closed Oct 27, 2010.
  1. Team Yu-Na

156 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Team Orser

74 vote(s)
    20.3%
  3. Both/Neither

66 vote(s)
    18.1%
  4. Michelle Kwan

68 vote(s)
    18.7%
  1. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

OK, after close to 2000 fairly repetitive posts, it's time to tally up the Team Yu-Na vs. Team Orser votes. Who's at fault?
  2. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Michelle Kwan is the only choice in any FSU poll. :)
  3. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

I see purple wasn't a choice again :drama:

-Bridget ;)
  4. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

I think this poll is going to be meaningless very quickly. We know Korean fans of Yuna will flood into here soon just like other polls that involved her.
  5. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

It is clear that Yuna wants to be well known in the US and do more shows after retirement. Shows in Korea are not enough for her and looks like she's got a pretty bad reputation in Japan. US is the only place and so why need Orser ? he's canadian and the Oly is finished (' I don't need your connection anymore'). What she needs right now is someone like Michelle. Once she'll be well known in the US (if that comes one day), she'll say byebye to Michelle too.
  6. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

whoa! I just dropped in at another thread and found that someone seem to have said the same kind of thing as I did. ( I haven't read the details yet though) But the above is from my personal true impression.
  7. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

I honestly hope all parties involved get together and give each other a group hug :TnD1::TnD1:
  8. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Michelle Kwan. We all know she went to Orser to coach her to the 2014 OGM.
    Poggi and (deleted member) like this.
  9. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

There is no sense in pointing the finger at either side. Both sides could handle this better, and both sides could learn to communicate better. Both Orser and Yuna seem to have messed up to an extent, and if I was either of them, I'd be apologizing and trying to end the tension/hurt feelings. Oh well. It's their business if they want to have these crappy times tarnishing the good memories they had together.

I love that people are actually voting for Michelle Kwan. :lol:
  10. bek

bek Guest

I vote for both, wasn't impressed with how either handled it.
  11. Sonyasfan

Sonyasfan New Member

Wow, some people really have some time to kill. As do I :rollin:

As we will never know all the details about this debacle, and it's WRONG to make judgments about who's at "fault", I vote for Michelle Kwan, because she is the Goddess who looks over all the figure skating world!!!

Long live the Kween!!!
  12. clara00

clara00 New Member

I vote for Kwan.:p
    bardtoob and (deleted member) like this.
  13. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

14. jaws12345

jaws12345 Banned Member

This has to be the dumbest thread ever appeared in FSU.
  15. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Maybe. But Yu Na fans/bots have also set the bar for fanaticism in figure skating.
  16. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

Why do people feel FSU needs yet another thread about Yuna?? :rolleyes:
  17. jaws12345

jaws12345 Banned Member

Not as high as Mao fans/bots/tas has done for sure. Why do you think they have a proper noun?

Are we really starting this? :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  18. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

They clearly have never flooded FSU with their ridiculous threads like you have with the Yuna threads in just a couple of days. Get over it: people don't care about Saint Yuna.
  19. jaws12345

jaws12345 Banned Member

I forgot this was Trash Can... :slinkaway
  20. falling_dance

falling_dance Well-Known Member

21. kiring

kiring New Member

fact 1 : Kwan is not related to the current dispute.

fact 2 : Kwan is just one of the members of Yuna' LA show.

fact 3 : The author of this poll dislikes the fact that Yuna and Michell continue their a positive relationship.

fact4 : Attacking someone who is in a positive relationship with Yuna is like attacking Yuna.

Please stop your tasteless tactic, using these Polls to attack the skaters.
    RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  22. amaro

amaro New Member

You mean more ridiculous and inflammatory than this one?

It is really sad to see threads like this when it is obvious that Yuna fans and Brian fans are going though a tough time. I don't think allowing this will inspire respect among fans of different skaters. It is low even for the Trash Can's standard.
  23. jaws12345

jaws12345 Banned Member

And you are a Maobot. :rolleyes:

This thread is full of Maobots... started by a Maota and run by Maotas. I am fascinated by the fact that Maotas spend so much time stocking Yuna instead of their "Miracle". I mean they put more posts about Yuna than about Mao! If Mao were lucking this site, she would feel abandoned by her own Japanese zealots. Maotas should start Mao threads at least once in a while.

Japanese bots really should top stocking Yuna and start paying some attention to their own girl.
  24. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

:rofl: You really don't "get" FSU inside jokes, do you? It's almost the law around here that Kwan appears in any poll, lol! Bots don't understand us :drama:

By your "logic", the opposite would be true, too: when a poster attacks Yuna, they're really attacking Kwan? Should I dust off my Kwan-uber credentials and get on my :soapbox: against all the anti-Yuna posters? Oh, wait, I'm kind of an anti-Yuna poster myself. Oh noes! :lol:

-Bridget
  25. magnolia

magnolia New Member

You've actually got a point there. The whole problem with Mao is that rarely does she do anything that needs to be dissected, discussed, criticized, argued, debated, quashed, reordered, defended, etc.

For example, a magazine where she's wearing Chanel outfits has come out. You look at the photos and there's no debating the fact that the magazine did a great job and she looks absolutely beautiful and refined. So there's nothing to discuss except to look at the photo and say wow!

Or there's been some articles about the fact that she's hard at work improving her jumps. So she's doing everything she should be and so there's nothing to debate.

Or her new exhibition program. It's so obviously exquisite that no one's going to contest that, and you can only gush so many times, right?

So it's like, she's so obviously faultless that it's hard to even come up with thread topics that posters can happily mull over. I wish she'd cook up a juicy scandal. :shuffle:
  26. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

Actually, Mao has been criticized for acting too sweet and innocent ..... off ice.

I voted for both / neither. But I find it interesting that Mao or Mao's camp are not on the list. I wonder why. It is possible that somebody in Mao's camp, perhaps unintentionally, drove the first wedge between Yu-Na and Brian.
  27. jaws12345

jaws12345 Banned Member

I agree. Who cares about her? Not even Maobots make Mao threads. :)
  28. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

oh but you are getting it all wrong!
    This one is actually about Michelle Kwan :D
    bardtoob and (deleted member) like this.
  29. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

Judging by the number of your posts I can see you have absolutely no idea who things are run here.
    Every big thread/scandal/topic eventually is about either Michelle Kwan or Evgeni Plushenko.
    If you don't like it - go away. We think it is special and fun :D
  30. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

May I ask you to stop name calling please?
    I know some people in this board do so, and I also acknowledge that you were just retaliating, but I really don't feel throwing mud back at them doesn't solve anything.

Just try to ignore them because they really don't deserve any attention.
    If you really feel the urge to respond, identify and point out their foolishness other than immature name calling stuff.
    It isn't difficult at all because their posts are usually filled with stupidity. ;)
  31. magnolia

magnolia New Member

If she wants to become the queen of fan forums, she should change her ways.

Start off easy, say, by throwing a middle finger at the crowd when she arrives at an airport, and then move on to more difficult stuff. It might be hard for her to be original at first, so begin by imitating past examples. Something along the lines of saying in an interview 'As I watched Yuna finish her Olympic LP, I thought to myself, why did she have to be born and compete at the same Olympic games that I am in. Had she not been born, I would have won gold' or go on national television and say 'All the other skaters intentionally get in my way during official practice. I really don't understand why it happens to me alone. (sigh, shake head)' And then, she could hook up with an unsuitable young man and get him to stab whoever happens to be her rival at the time.

After this learning process, she can start endeavouring her own stuff.
  32. Torre_Damon

Torre_Damon New Member

I've read your posts here and other thread and I have to say you are a horrible person Just like Kim Yu-Na the queen of cheap excuses and false accusations.
    You'll certainly remember Kim's moronic complaints about Japanese skaters who impeded her during her Holy Warmups:rolleyes: and a variety of pathetic excuses whenever she failed to win at the competition against Mao.
    Backache, Cold, Lack of motivation.... They all looked embarrassingly pathetic to me.

Are you really feeling proud about Kim outnumbering Mao in the outrageous and controversial threads? If so, you must be out of your mind. Which will not surprise me.
    kirarinne likes this.
  33. Torre_Damon

Torre_Damon New Member

Wow, unbelievable. You Kim fans are just unbelievable.
  34. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Choice of your vocabulary is really pathetic and it shows your lack of class.
    From contents of your post, I can infer that you happen to be Japanese, and I pity all my Japanese friends who are so unlucky to be represented in this international board by someone like you.
    I know they would be deeply ashamed.

Having said that, I want to point out that Japanese lady skaters are known to go after each other in practices. It was particularly prevalent in 08-09 season, where Yuna candidly admitted that she was constantly impeded during warm-ups.
    Most memorable incident was Suguri taking down Ando during warm-up at the 08 Japanese Nationals. From observing this, I thought Yuna had a valid reason to disclose her discomfort before the 09 Worlds that was so critical for her in establishing herself as the top contender for 2010 Olys.

BTW, Yuna at the time did not complain or plead to the aggressors to stop, but she declared that she will attempt her jump regardless of someone getting in her way and impeders are at their own risk should they decide to pull the foolish acts again.

Whether you like it or not, she won the 09 Worlds and ensuing Vancouver Olys, and I must say that releasing the warning was one of the smartest things she ever did. It enabled her to do her warm ups in peace and prevented any unfortunate injuries.
  35. jaws12345

jaws12345 Banned Member

Wow... here come Maobots to the voting booth! But still, no Mao threads... She just had a Vogue photo shoots and she is screaming for your attention. Please, mind your own girl.

I mean Maobots seem to leave more posts about Yuna in "Festa on Ice" threads than they do about Mao in "The Ice" threads...:rolleyes: Poor Mao.

Then again, who cares about an invisible nobody.
  36. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

37. ponta1

ponta1 New Member

You are pathetic.
  38. miki88

miki88 New Member

Clearly, we have a case of a bot accusing other bots. Notice the most posts in this thread is from the same person who claims this is the stupidest thread ever on FSU. :rolleyes:
  39. amaro

amaro New Member

40. Harryharry

Harryharry New Member

OMG..your post says that YOU are a horrible person and pathetic. :eek: