Team competition at Sochi

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by That Don Guy, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Of course, I didn't think about that at all. It would be more fair but it just wouldn't work because it would be too confusing and would alienate audiences.

To ensure skaters treat it seriously.

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

To make things easier for Yuna Kim and Javier Fernández.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

SOUND THE CONSPIRACY KLAXON!

4. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

Both of them coached by Orser:eek::mitchell:

5. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Kim was coached by Orser, but isn't at this juncture.

6. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Well-Known Member

aaah - now we know! Secretly she is still coached by him, but to dispel any rumors about Orser being the team event puppet master so his students can win, she SAID she left him... It all makes sense now! <crazy person emoticon>

7. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Somehow when the team event was in the air but undefined I was hoping for an Olympics for athletes in the pewter position. The pewter people would have that one skate but the whole team would medal. I guess I wish more skaters could have an Olympic experience.

8. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I wasn't clear enough; those were supposed to be two separate thoughts, and a paragraph break would have helped. It will probably be confusing to the audience anyway the way it's going to be held, since the Team Event will be solely by ranking, but the individual events will go back to cumulative point scoring. I'm sure half of the general audience with think figure skating has gone back to ordinals, on a scale of 1-10.

9. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Well-Known Member

I suppose this could happen, but honestly, I think the general public can easily understand the difference, as long as commentators don't tell about how confusing it is, or how how difficult it is to keep track of the different things etc etc.

as for the event, I am tentatively excited, but I think it will be a mess - and I don't think it is good to have everyone do their program twice. I would much prefer that the regular programs just added up to the team score somehow.

10. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.