Tara May be Returning to the Ice

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Iceman, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Enero

Enero Member

Um did you not see the word "almost" in my post. Furthermore, don't know about Lu but Kwan was a flutzer. But again, back then it wasn't the end of the world if one flutzed.

2. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Well, Kwan only flutzed about 50% of the time, and that was pretty much after 2000. In 1998 she had "real" lutzes, even if the takeoff edge wasn't particularly deep. (This being said by someone who agreed with Tara's win.)

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Right. I mean it wasn't Butyrskaya or Sebestyen's deep outside edge, but it wasn't a flutz either. Her 1998 SP Lutz combo was a thing of beauty compared to her lutzes later (which seemed to rock on both edges before takeoff).

4. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

Yes I got "almost everyone" part. That means at the very least, more than half and close to 100 percent of the ladies flutzed, which I disagree. I think Tara and Nicole having marked flutz. As VIETgrlTerifa said, Kwan had perfectly adequate lutz back then, and add to the mix the likes of Slutskaya, Chen, Butyrskaya, Sebestyen, etc. Actually, Slutskaya's might have been closer to flatz.
    That penalizing flutz is a new phenomenon under CoP is an urban legend. Jedges could justify deducting technical marks for flutz even if they were allowed more discretion to do so.

5. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Especially during the SPs starting in the late 90s to the advent of the COP when the judges had to start nitpicking details to differentiate the skaters who were doing comparable tech. difficulty in terms of jumps.

6. MrBerkeley

MrBerkeley New Member

Wait, so is Tara coming back or not? Might be news my sister might like.

7. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

If we knew, this thread would be half as long and twice as interesting :lol:.

8. spacekey

spacekey New Member

for Sochi? Emmmmmmmmmmm. big surprise :wideeyes:

9. Maj

Maj New Member

I would love to see Tara on ice actually. Would be interesting to see what if anything she is capable of.

10. Winnipeg

Winnipeg Well-Known Member

maybe she'll return to the ice as a coach

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

is there a reason this thread hasn't been moved to the Trash Can? It's really moved off the topic a lot :)

12. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

Yes, probably should have been ages ago.

*POOF*

13. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I was never a Tara fan as far as her personality, but I'd welcome her back to performing to spice up the skating world a bit. I wish the shows in the US would kick back up into high gear. I miss going to see numerous skating shows. I imagine when another star comes along that really grabs people again in the US, it'll return....it just may be a while.

14. Octoberopals

Octoberopals New Member

Wait for the moment.......:watch:

15. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I feel like we should have some kind of graduation ceremony for having posted in this thread for so long.

16. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Sorry, this thread is like the original Beverly Hills 90210 (although there is a cast member in the current 90210 who is 31 years old playing a high school student). You'll likely be in your early 40s and still be attending high school. ;)