Tara May be Returning to the Ice

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Iceman, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

2. The Fly On The Wall

The Fly On The Wall Active Member

Is there any "professional" skating left to go to???:confused:

3. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Be nice to see her skate again!!

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Not much.

I got a kick out of this:

What exactly is she doing these days? Hard to see how she wouldn't have a lot of free time. :shuffle: :lol:

5. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

How would you know the amount of free time she has if you don't know what she is doing these days. ;)

6. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Well, she said she was "trying out" for acting (as in not actual jobs yet) and is thinking about going back to the ice (meaning she hasn't yet), and she didn't mention anything else, so.... ;)

Maybe I should have phrased it as what is she doing so that she doesn't have free time....

It's kind of sad, actually. From all of her interviews, she always talked about wanting to be a skater, skate professionally, etc, and then SOI was a bust due to her hip problems, and since then, she's sort of slipped into oblivion. Someone as ambitious and goal-oriented as her could have done a lot of things (like go to college and get a degree for when you can't skate anymore).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  7. museksk8r

I definitely agree! She certainly seems to be a private person. Maybe she is spending her time doing something constructive/productive and wants to keep that to herself away from the public, as her "me" time. Who knows? Not every public person chooses to state every detail of his/her life as an open book for the entire world to know. :slinkaway

8. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Maybe she wants to skate with YuNa Kim. (Sorry, I didn't help myself resist.)

I can't imagine that she'd have the pull for her own show. With whom is she tight in the show world? Her colleagues are from quite a while ago in skating terms.

9. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

I am sorry but the "acting career' is getting old. Kind of like a friend of mine whose 50... ask him what he does "I am an actor" ask the rest of us "he's a waiter" :) His "acting" gigs are only slightly less the Tara's :)

Maybe since she and Weir became such good friends during World's they could do a show...

10. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

I thought she was making a comeback for Sochi!

:eek:

11. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

And IIRC she POed a lot of the Stars on Ice crowd (like when she was threatening to write a tell-all book about what "really" happened on those tours). And those are the people that seem to be involved in most of the pro skating ventures these days.

12. museksk8r

Gee, that's been water under the bridge for what, 10-11 years now. If these adults hold grudges that long, maybe they all need to go back to pre-school. I hope, for Tara's sake, that she has done a lot of maturing since she made those remarks.

13. overedge

Maybe they do, but skating tends to be a small world with a long memory....

14. dots

dots Well-Known Member

OMG TARA !!! :encore::encore:

What fantastic set of news. I really hope we get to see Tara on the ice again :cheer2: Her PRO career was cut short and hopefully her body has healed enough to be a ble to skate on some shows here and there.

As for the acting... most people who try acting won't succeed, but if that's what makes her happy by all means keep trying. My neighbor has audition for roles for more than twenty years, and he finally got a lead on an independent film. I say good for him :D

15. dots

dots Well-Known Member

That is a myth at best... you only have to look around to notice how often coaches, judges, promoters, or even skater themselves are able to be errr forgiven for their indiscretions.

16. Carolla5501

Honestly, there are more "old skaters" looking for work then shows to hold them all... IMHO

17. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

I don't think Tara is an old skater, look at Todd eldridge. If the skating community can let tonya Harding in a show why not Tara? It be even nice if she could release a video of practice on YouTube or a website. I hope she does still practice.

18. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

Tara might have to be content with being back up for skaters like Asada, Kim, Ando etc. who are superstars in the countries where it would be possible for Tara to tour.

19. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

In the description of Arakawa's show, she had a young skater in a number with four Ladies World Champions.

Even if SOI were will to hire Lipinski back how happy will she be to skate back-up to Miiiiiiiiiissssss...Sasha Cohen.

She might be able to get back in the circuit by doing everyone's charity fundraiser.

20. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

I wonder how she would look on the ice after such a long absence

hmm

21. dots

dots Well-Known Member

We really need more Pro shows/ small competitions here in the states. When I saw Michelle skate at that show in Korea I was like..." Bring back World Pros !!" :wuzrobbed I wonder if Pro Skating will ever comeback in the states.

22. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

If you love it, and still do it when you can - then *that's* you. Not your day job.

23. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

I agree.

( can't believe I agree with a 7 year old ) hehe

24. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Probably no worse than what we saw from Michelle for her recent exhibition.

25. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

Seriously ... wouldn't Tara and Michelle together make a great event? A show, at least, even if not a competition.

26. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

I wonder if she put that out there as a feeler to see if anyone would bite. Has anyone seen her skating in LA?

27. overedge

Sorry, but it's not a myth. And it's not just about indiscretions....it's about the reputation someone builds for him/herself over the years.

28. Carolla5501

Well, remember that FSU does not reflect "reality" Things that were "rumored" to happen 20 years ago are treated at "reality" on here. I expect that it's just like real life. Some folks forgive and forget and some don't....

29. overedge

True, but I wasn't thinking of FSU. I was thinking of my own experiences with the sport. And in my experience there are plenty of people in skating who can remember very well what someone else did 20 years ago, and who still don't want to work with that person because of it.

30. RD

RD Well-Known Member

I'm willing to find out...