Tara Lipinski skating on Today Show tomorrow morning!!!

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by joemauerlover, Mar 18, 2011.

1. joemauerlover

joemauerlover New Member

Per Twitter:
    Tara_Lipinski On @todayshow at 8:45 tmrw....skating ...woo hoo

2. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

thank you for posting!!!

3. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

It is actually at about 8:52 a.m. after a performance from "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" and just before the break-away to local news. She skated to Ben Harper's "Forever".

4. B.Cooper

B.Cooper Active Member

Why was Tara skating? Was she promoting some event?

5. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

6. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

thanks for the heads up. I have never watched the Today Show.

7. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

Thank you. That certainly made me smile. Did Tara always have that nice donut spin with no hip drop? Good for her.

8. figsrus

figsrus New Member

9. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Yes, Uncle Dick always pointed out that Tara didn't have to drop her hip to catch her foot. Btw, Tara does a catch-foot spin, not a doughnut spin :)

I can't believe how much she still look the same. If her she didn't have the hip issue I'm sure she would still be able to pull off 3lutzes and 3flips late into her career much like Kristi did.

10. floskate

floskate Vacant

I agree she looks just like she did all those years ago but that could be because she didn't skate for a lot of that time. It's wierd to see her skating again, but in a good way. I hope she keeps this up and starts to become more involved in actually skating again.

11. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Thanks for sharing the link. Enjoyed watching Tara skate again. I loved her catch-foot spin. :)

12. skatepixie

skatepixie Well-Known Member

Great to see her again. I've missed her.

13. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

The venom is spewing over at MKF... ;)

LuckyCharm and (deleted member) like this.
  14. skatepixie

Oh good God. As if Michelle does much in the way of jumping and such these days. :scream:

Angela-Fan and (deleted member) like this.
  15. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Totally trivial, but why does Tara STILL, at age 28, drop the article before Olympics? It's the Olympics, not "they hosted Olympic games." She always did that back in her amateur days. Michelle and Mirai are also guilty of it. Weird.

16. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

Looks like she channelling Caryn Kadavy to me.

17. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Nice to see her skate again :)

18. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

After watching that you tube.. I then had to go and watch her as a junior when she was so tiny at worlds :) I was very active in the Figure Skating World during the Tara era so brought back wonderful memories.. thanks for the video.. I thought Tara was great.. and looks fabulous :p

19. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

RE: this and nubka's post, I couldn't help myself, I went over there and looked...gee, did you know that it's pathetic to have an OGM be the greatest moment of your life? That's not right, you should accomplish more as time goes on and not list that blip on the radar event as your greatest accomplishment. Maybe we ought to send that memo to Evan so he can start planning for the rest of his life... :rolleyes::lol::scream:

That was a very nice performance from Tara, very pretty and emotional. She has matured into a beautiful young woman. It will be interesting to see where she may go with skating again. And I want her dress!!!! :lol:

Edited to add, I agree with the Cadavy comparison.

20. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

^wow how horrifying... i just went on the forum for the first time in years, and I remember why I don't still check that site.

I thought Tara was great on the Today show, I give her credit for taking a few years off the pro circuit to grow into an adult without the skating world watching (and criticizing), and welcome her back to the sport in whatever capacity she wants. I just don't understand the venom on the MKF...didn't we all say and do stuff at 17/18/19/20 that we later regretted?...no one seems so bitter towards Michelle for taking years off post 2006, and I am sure no one would be criticizing Michelle if she had won in 98 or 02, and now said it was the greatest moment of her life....

21. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

I should be so pathetic.

I agree with allezfred: it's nice to see Tara being more active in skating again, and I hope it continues.

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  22. RD

RD Well-Known Member

I think it's great that she's back skating again. And she's developed a nice on-ice persona as well. I think she'd fit right in w/the SOI pros maybe with a little more practice. She's already leaps and bounds ahead of the eligible performers IMHO

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  23. kathy sullivan

kathy sullivan Well-Known Member

Gee, there are very few on this board who share any common experience with those who now post on MKF. Those who still post there are a small group who shared the excitement of her successes, and the pain of her losses. Many, obviously do not like Tara - for lots of reasons - not just because she won gold over Michelle's silver. Their site is active to continue to honor Michelle's accomplishments, and to continue to share their comaraderie around their experience of her effect on their lives. So what if many don't like Tara and openly express it - why should anyone here care. And good grief why go there after not visiting for a long time just to confirm your disgust that many there still don't like or respect Tara.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    kwanette and (deleted member) like this.
  24. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

:rofl: When has Tara ever said anything negative about Michelle to warrant such venom? People are still bitter about something that happened 13 years ago and they're now pitting MK and Tara's post-skating careers against each other. How ridiculous is that?

As for the skating, Tara looks good. I hope to see her do more shows in the future.

25. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

:drama: :drama: :drama:...

26. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

Proofreading can be your friend, kathy, if you use it (the spelling of the Kween's first name, for example) - but I suppose that must be difficult to do from a fetal position.

27. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Why do we have to drag what's going on at MKF over here? AFAIK this thread has been quite supportive of Lipinski. I really could care less what the people at MKF think, and frankly I'm not surprised if the reports are true. But we don't need their negativity over here for crying out loud...

28. skatepixie

Agreed.

But then, I always found her to have a lovely musical quality. Sure, she was never an angst-filled artiste, but she was always very lovely to watch.

29. kathy sullivan

kathy sullivan Well-Known Member

Surely you could not be accused of uncalled for nastiness.

30. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Lovely performance by Tara, my only criticism is that I didn't like her hairdo, which IMO didn't do her lovely hair justice.

Good golly, it's been 13 years... Surely the statute of limitations on permissible bitterness has lapsed by now... no? :lol:

ETA:
    Er, that's a good point too :slinkaway

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.