Tara & Johnny on Access Hollywood & Pre-Oscars Show

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Frau Muller, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Tara & Johnny are all over Access Hollywood (NBC) this week, in the run-up to their big appearance as AH's official fashion commentators (NBC Access Hollywood's pre-Oscars show on Sunday, March 2 - check local listings).

Yesterday's AH showed when host Billy Bush offered the Oscars gig to Tara & Johnny, while in Sochi.

Tara & Johnny are milking this Sochi gig for all it's worth. :lol:

2. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever New Member

I saw that. Good for them. Good for the sport.

3. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Seems like they are on Access Hollywood every day.

4. Justathoughtabl

Justathoughtabl New Member

Johnny was parodied on SNL last night. Jim Parsons played him, wearing a blazer, necklace and headband. Johnny tweeted that he wants the necklace:

‏@JohnnyGWeir 9h I need Jim Parsons necklace from his Johnny Weir parody on @nbcsnl!

5. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever New Member

6. talulabell

talulabell New Member

Does anyone know if this is being broadcast? I'm in the Philly viewing area, and I can't find where Access Hollywoods Red Carpet is being broadcast.

7. Justathoughtabl

Access Hollywood doesn't have a live Oscar broadcast. They'll be reporting (with Johnny and Tara) on the red carpet fashions their show tomorrow. J&T will also be on the Today Show.

8. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever New Member

What did you guys think? Johnny still embarrasses me sometimes, but maybe they encourage him to be outrageous. At the very end they showed Ashley Wagner on the red carpet.

9. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I don't get the hype regarding Johny and Tara as commentators. I didn't watch the Sochi games, but I didn't care for their commentating at Worlds last year. I saw them being interviewed on TODAY show this morning and didn't think they had anything interesting to say.

10. Justathoughtabl

I thought they were good. Tara interrupted Louise Roe a couple of times, which I thought was disrespectful--isn't she a trained fashion expert? I think it's a good line-up to have one trained expert and a couple of entertaining personalities. I mean, it's fashion they're discussing, not political policy. I mean, who made Kelly Osbourne and Guiliana Rancic and Joan Rivers fashion experts either? Johnny and Tara are kinder versions. It's a fun gig for them and they're good on TV. Tara's tendency to take the lead (and Johnny's polite tendency to wait for her to speak first) is a shame in a way, because he's wittier and funnier than she is. But again, overall it's just fun.

11. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever New Member

I've noticed that. By the time Tara's done talking, there's often not much left to say.

12. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

What training does one get to become a fashion expert?

13. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

being gay?

14. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I don't think Louise Roe is gay. But I might be wrong.

15. Justathoughtabl

Well, I was talking about going to a school of fashion design or something like that. (And I don't know Roe's background.) But some would argue that "expertise" can simply come from exposure to and interest in many different brands for years and years, which would mean that Johnny and Tara have some credentials--at least more than most people.

16. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever New Member

It wouldn't be the first time that people with expertise in one area (like skating) get an opportunity to do something completely different for which they're essentially unqualified. It would be good if it turns into a regular gig for Johnny & Tara. There are lots red carpet events, but the Olympics only come around once every 4 years.

17. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Tara and Johnny will be attending an opening ceremony party for the ParaOlympics in NYC this Friday.

18. Fiero425

Fiero425 Member

Saw them together recently on Chelsea Lately!