TAR with no game :( But we've got Chippendales

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

ok, just checked the spoiler thread over at Sucks and RFF has accounted for all 11 teams and no Britney nor any other reality TV "star" was seen starting the race earlier in the week.

2. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

I like Britney, I think she would have been fun :slinkaway

3. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

Heads up Canadians, that CTV will air TAR one hour earlier, next episode (American Music Awards are on starting at 5PT/8ET).

4. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Soooo, Phil checks the Rockers in without PPs as last team to arrive, but it is NEL.

That gives them at least 12 more hours to find the missing taxi driver.

5. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I fear the show will be massively late here in the Midwest.

6. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I was switching between this show and TGW and missed the end (actually most) of tonight's episode.
    Do I understand correctly that the rockers are still in it? Last I saw, they had made a call to the embassy, needed to see the police and then I saw them getting into a cab.

7. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

No, they never found the passport and were eliminated.

8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/AmazingRace_CBS

9. shan

shan Well-Known Member

And we're on!!

:fragile: Rockers

10. star_gazer11

Oh, wow super late this week. :eek:

Ryan doing the zone task - those Matrix references had me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:lol: Chips hanging out with their taxi driver.

:EVILLE: glad that Lexi and ?? can't find the detour site.

12. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

In the past, I thought they assessed the penalty for not completing a task before you checked in. If they did that here, the goat farmers would have to wait four hours, but they could check in ahead of the rockers. By giving the penalty the next day, the rockers have a chance to stay in. I like both teams, so I don't really care but it does seem like they engineered this a bit.

13. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

You've got to love the twins. :rofl:

And Chippies win a leg. :cheer2: I love them too.

14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl: at Twins' cab driver asking them if they want to stop at McDonalds.

James's sore ankle made me :yikes: as he danced.

15. star_gazer11

Maybe, but the pool closed, which is why they had to take the penalty. Doubtful the coach would stick around for four hours to oversee the penalty, when the pool isn't open.

16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:lol: at Ryan being overconfident with the time zones.

17. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

if they spent more time looking at skating comp schedules, they would be used to the time zone differences

fsu should have a team apply to TAR

18. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

I'm in my little pony team. ;)
    Gotta love the professor with the time zone. :lol:
    He is enjoying seeing Ryan being constantly wrong. :lol:

PeterG, peibeck, UMBS Go Blue and 5 others like this.
  19. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

But they could have kept them waiting at the mat before allowing them to check in, they didn't have to wait at the pool.

20. star_gazer11

That's true. Maybe it had to do with it also being a non elimination leg?

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I wonder how much time there is between the 3rd and 4th/5th place teams.

22. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I love, love, love Jaymes and James. So glad they got first over bland Lexi & partner. But kudos to Lexi for figuring out the time zone task.

Let James & Abba's elimination be a lesson to anyone who ever races: never, ever leave your passport in a unattended taxi. that fannypack should be with you at all times.

23. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

And yet, this isn't the first time a team has lost their bags and/or passports. :duh:

24. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I found this episode very entertaining.
    Can we have Russian Taxi drivers every season? They were so amusing.
    Time Zone task - great teacher! I like how Lexi and indirectly Abbi figured it out before any guys did.
    I did not notice any times listed in the episode - the beginning times that is for each team - probably on purpose.
    The Chippendales are impressing me, more than just pretty faces, they are better racers than I originally thought. Bummed for the rockers, but always keep certain items on your person at all times.
    I am assuming that next week - with either a flight or opening time of some place there will be bunching up of all the teams.

25. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I know Rombuh had to wait out their penalty at the task, when Rob refused to eat the meat, but usually penalties are sat out at the bath mat. I'm guessing they added it to this leg because it was NEL. Really, though.....the Goats should have realized that Goat2 was not going to be able to do it (due to not really being able to swim) and they could have taken the exact same penalty earlier. I wonder how many hours they were at the pool. :scream:

Nice getting to see a leg that the Goats did really well, even though they are still in last.

After last week's Nice Ryan And Abbie, we got to see Douchey Ryan back :p

FLOVE the Chips!!!! TWINNIES had a great leg tonight too...any other week the pants would have been the highlight of the episiode :rofl:

Sad for James and Abba, but what else could they do? I'm sure there's some article up somewhere that talks about how they got home. Assuming they're not permanently in Moscow, that is :p

26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I love that we have now dropped the farmers from "goat farmers" reducing it to "Goats" :lol: :lol:

27. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

If anyone finds any post-boot stories about how the Rockers got out of Russia, please post them. :) Like did they ever find their bags, did the driver really steal them or did he just turn them in at his station because he couldn't find the Rockers again, or how they finally got home.

On the Express Pass, I thought that got you thru all tasks on that leg and straight to the Pit Stop? Didn't it used to be that way? I didn't expect the Twinnies to still have to do the dancing thing once they turned in their pass, I thought that got them straight to the Pit Stop.

Glad the Chippies won a leg. I am so hoping for them to win now.

28. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

Both cases are different though. If a team opts to quit a roadblock (like Romber in season 7), they get a 4 hour penalty and they must wait those four hours before moving on with the leg.
    If a team quits or otherwise opts not to complete a detour they used to get a 24 hour penalty. Not sure if they changed that though. However, in this case they didn't quit per sei, they were forced to not complete the task because the pool had to close, and the other task was not available because the library had already closed. So they got a 4 hour penalty added to their total leg time, but they were able to continue with the race.

Edit: Apparently they have changed it to 6 hours for voluntarily not completing either detour task. 24 hours was brutal.

Nope, you're thinking of the fast forward. To win a fast forward, the team must complete a specific task and then they're allowed to go directly to the pit stop. The express pass only allows you to skip one task, however it can be used in any leg (up to and including leg 8). The fast forward, OTOH, only comes about twice in the race.

I wonder who the Chips will U-turn? Hmmm.....based on the drama shown in the promo I'm thinking either Trey & Lexi or the Twins.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  29. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

or it's misleading editing and they don't U-Turn anyone

30. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

Most likely. Promo is almost always misleading.