TAR with no game :( But we've got Chippendales

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

This detour was made for the chippendales!

2. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:lol: at the Chippendales doing synchronized swimming.

3. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I love the Chippies. For multiple reasons. That synchro swimming was hysterical. And they were :smokin: in their speedos and flowered hats.

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I would hate both of these detours. :yikes:

5. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

"Everything is in Russian!" :rofl:

6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

The rockers are going to swim??? :watch: This should be good.

7. PrincessLeppard

I wonder if they know how far the other teams are behind. I wouldn't waste my express pass, but I'm guessing they probably have no idea.

8. rfisher

I love the look on the swim team coach's face at the rockers. :lol:

I'd have done the library.

9. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Didn't the judge say "I am afraid already." :lol:

10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

How is this doing the leg together thing going to work when they hit the mat?

11. rfisher

Wow. This episode should be titled what else can go wrong?

12. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Either the editing was poor, or the judge was much harder on the chippendales. (maybe after 2 teams her standards changed to prevent drowning...) But boy, they sure looked pretty.

Not sure I get the run the race together thing. Just let the final taxi dexide it? Or all jump on the mat together and see how tar handles a tie if it isnt nel.

13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:yikes: for the Rockers. They either have the worst luck or they make stupid choices.

This is a weird leg all they way around.

I feel for the goat farmers, after awhile I would have a hard time treading water and doing the choreography.

14. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Wait, the do this together includes WAITING? For an extended period of time?

The goat farmers need to switch detours, the other team needs to move on.

15. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

if i wanted to apply for TAR or survivor and couldnt swim, i would sign up for lessons

16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

The goat farmers can't switch detours b/c the library is closed. I suppose they could wait until the next morning for it to open again.

TBC?? Good grief.

17. PrincessLeppard

They can't switch detours; the library is closed.

The Rockers need to start finding a way to call cab companies. Or do you think the cabbie has already sold their stuff? :shuffle:

18. liv

liv Well-Known Member

usually unless you're an Olympic athlete, men + speedos = frightening. The chippendales proved me wrong. They did well with the synchro too... most did it ok. I think I would have chosen the library myself... cyrilic lettering has never frightened me.

19. pair mom

pair mom New Member

Seriously....I'd MUCH rather watch the Chippies (and their speedos) time after time than any of the other teams.... ;) Just sayin'!!! :swoon:

20. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Okay, the Chippies are now my favorite team for the win!! James (or was it Jaymes ... still don't know which is which :shuffle:) was freakin' hysterical with his posing and postures. :rofl: And he's just so chipper and positive and upbeat and funny. Definitely onboard for them to win now.

I don't get the run the race together thing either. Well, they did ... now one team is finished and continues to wait for them? No, don't get that. If I was the other team, and its clearly a lloonngg time Abby and Ryan have waited since they have now also dried off and got their clothes on, I would tell them to continue with the race. Cause clearly the Farmers are gonna be at that pool for a while. And agree with whoever said that what are they gonna do, keep waiting for each other and jump on the mat at the exact same time for a tie?? What good does that do? I would be afraid that we both get eliminated. Abby and Ryan got done first. The worked together until that point. Its time to go. If I were the Goat Farmers, I would tell them to go.

And :duh: why the hell did Long Hair leave their bags IN the cab and walk clearly a lloonngg distance away?! I don't care what country I am in, I would never EVER leave my bags in the cab, unless its just get out, run get the clue (no more than say 50 feet away from the cab) and run right back to cab. Sure I would ask the guy the wait for me, and if he does great. If he takes off, at least he didn't steal my crap. I'm hoping that maybe it turns out he got chased from a No Standing Zone or something and is circling around and they just kept missing each other. And that they will end up calling cab company and it turns out the driver is looking for them too. At least that's what I hope happens. I would hate for them to lose this way, although its kinda through their own stupidity at leaving the bags in the cab in the first place. Again, maybe that's just me .. but I would never leave my bags in the cab no matter what country I was in.

So the next Round of tasks is the last time the Twinnies can use their Express Pass, did I hear that right? If I did hear that right and I were them, its no question that I use it right off the top. Of course then there's that whole "you're not done racing this Leg is not over yet" angle hanging over your head to make me wonder when exactly to use it. That actually is kinda tough deciding when to use it when you factor everything in.

I usually hate being spoiled, and avoid them at all costs, but I think I might try to go sneak a peak about what happens with Long Hair. I don't wanna wait that long to see what happened. :eek:

21. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Great episode. Yes the synchro swimming was made for the Chippendales - thank good ness they picked it.
    They are fun. And I do like how they were encouraging to the Twinnies to not use their Express Pass. Nice guys. Might not help them, but after the Twins and Texas keeping the Rockers money, it is nice to see.
    The Rockers - I wonder if the one that was in a band - probably had people that handled all their stuff (luggage and paperwork) when they traveled, so just not used to being responsible for themselves. They are so nonchalent. I would be freaked out, but I guess having a camera crew for a tv show makes one feel that you will have assistance for serious stuff. And I would be calling every cab company looking for my stuff.
    I assume the goat farmers or the rockers will be toast once this round ends. But that would still mean Abbie and Ryan and possibly the farmers would be way behind the other teams.
    I would not be suprised if there is another task or leg where some bunching occurs. After back in either the 1st season or an early one when a team (was it team guido) ended up being half a day or more behind due to flights and it made the end down to 2 teams and not 3??? Since then we get the bunching.
    Team Texas - as much as I don't like what they did with the Rockers money, for a young dating couple, they don't bicker (or per the editing they don't) and they keep moving forward and getting the tasks done. Lexi seems very rational breaking it down step by step. Nice to not have the typical bickering team.
    I enjoy tasks like the library challenge - slow and steady and paying attention to details!
    Synchro was funny, but with editing, we are not really sure if some teams just got lucky and the judge wanted them out of there!

22. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I wonder what the team/judge said that we didn't see/hear!
    Oh, to be a "fly on the wall".

23. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Okay, rocker/laywer are just idiots. One leg after losing their money, they leave their bags someplace? Talk about playing into the long haired burnout stereotype. :wall:

Twinnies didn't annoy me as much this episode. Chips finally did something right. Helps that it was choreo.

Abbie & Ryan need to leave goats to drown. No way I'd wait for them. Even if they check in together, and the rockers go home, then they're HOURS behind still. It's like the team years ago that woke up in a tent in Alaska to a note saying 'x and x won the race'.

24. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I've been watching this show since season four and I can honestly say Jaymes and James are my favorite team of all time. I just love how they treat each other and everyone they meet on the race. No meltdowns, no petty comments, etc.

And why Abbie & Ryan are waiting for the goat farmers is beyond me. Maybe they are banking on it being a NEL leg. Don't really care.

25. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

It may feel that way, but Phil was live tweeting during the show and said the crew can't interfere and can't help even if they see a team losing passports.

26. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

usually when we have a TBC with one team is seemingly insurmountable dire straits, it ends up getting resolved pretty easily at the beginning of the next episode, but who knows, maybe TAR will shake it up this time :p

I definitely don't get Abbie and Ryan waiting it out with the goats. I could see watching them one time, but considering goat 2 can't swim, this is going to take hours...honestly it might be best for the goats to take the 4 hour penalty at this point (if it's more than 4 hours until the library reopens). I'm sure Abbie and Ryan are confident they could beat the goats in a footrace to the bathmat, but it doesn't make sense for them to accept getting further behind the rest of the field.

Rocker/lawyer - they're had a very rough race. this ep they just seem defeated. They gave up on the library task - just when Lexi was getting it! and went to do a physical task. It made for good tv (that judge! :rofl: ), but it made them further behind and they were frustrated...and then of course they left their bags in the cab :duh: There's just a lot of giving up going on. I hope they can rally, but things seem grim.

Loving the top 3 teams - lexi is growing on me, even with her "put a ring on it" crap :lol:. The Chips are fast becoming my favorite team since Team Cha Cha Cha. :cheer2:

27. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Why? If somebody said that about a woman wearing a bikini they'd be called sexist and rightly so.

28. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

29. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

:wall:

30. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Figured it was time for another big brother contestant(s) to make it on TAR. CBS seems to love cross show participation!