TAR with no game :( But we've got Chippendales

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Oct 1, 2012.

1. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Phew! I was worried with both the Goat Farmers and the Chips loitering in the bottom 3. Thankfully the right team went home. Really, Monster Truck was not an awful team - they were pretty good at many tasks, but Mr Truck's "we are running our own race" hubris when they made poor decisions was both :rofl: and :wall:

Re: the money - disappointing that the teams took it, especially the way they went about it, squealing and shushing. Very high school. Right when I was starting to like Crack Baby (sorry - Lexi looks like the contestant on this summer's Glee Project who was a self-proclaimed crack baby, and that's all I can think when I see her).

Goat Farmers got lucky with their additional task, and still managed to do it wrong :duh: 2nd time around they were not so indulgent on the ice cream man's antics. I can't believe they chose the bagel task! They are just lucky that Mr "run our own race" & Mrs Monster Truck also chose the obviously worse task.

Seems like there have been a lot of additional tasks are incredibly simple & easy (wasn't there one that was something like "sit on an ice block right next to the next task for 10 minutes"?). I'm glad that the tasks aren't so hard that it would be impossible for that team to move up, but this one was pretty silly. Maybe the Goats felt it was too easy too, since they made it much harder for themselves :p

But this wouldn't have been a case of being told at the mat they did something wrong - the person handing out clues at the end of a task often tells teams they did not do the task properly. I think the only time it comes up at the end of the leg is when it involves transportation rules that have been broken, or something happened that the task judge couldn't see or wasn't looking for.

Once an episode has aired, anywhere, anyone reading the thread should expect spoilers.

2. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

My assumption was because that, since this was a Speed Bump only one team did, that the vendor at that stand was not allowed to give them the clue until they completed the Speed Bump correctly. I think its only normal tasks and road blocks where they don't find out they did it wrong until the Pit Stop.

3. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Eh, so they didn't actually "steal" the money since they found it on the floor. To me, "steal" is you intentionally went into their backpacks and took it. But still, there were only 3 teams in that room. They KNEW who that money belonged to. It was sleazy to keep it when they knew for a fact it belonged to Long Hair. I would have never kept it simply because if it caused that team to be out of the race, well then I didn't advance based on my own merits if they got booted because of it. And plus that whole Karma thing everyone refers to above. :lol:

So glad Monster Truck is gone. Not bad racers, but agree with the "we're running our own race" crap was getting :yawn:.

And it is just me, or is this season a little more, well ... boring?? I'm not getting as excited as I usually do when watching. :shuffle: Maybe its because I don't have any blatant hatred for a team. Or overly love one team over any other ... although I'm liking the Chippies and Goat Farmers and even Long Hair more so than the "2 Teams I Can't Distinguish Between" and the Twinnies. :lol: Maybe that will increase now that we are down to 6.

And I had choking fit when my mom says "I don't remember those sisters at all". :eek:

4. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I thought it was terrible that they took that money, knowing it is crucial to a race. Yes, it's a race, and they did drop it (their fault, very stupid), but my conscience would not have allowed me to do it. Luckily, the rockers are pretty calm under crises (and the flight didn't leave until later) and were able to beg for money. You know they felt terrible about it too.

Glad Monster Truck was gone. Hearing about them "running their own race" was getting old, especially if it kept them always behind. The chipps did run their own race. They got on the train, talked to someone who told them they'd be slower if they stayed on the train, and got off. They didn't accept their fate.

Those goat farmers have made it through the race so far in spite of themselves. LOL.

5. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I know I'm less than invested when we're down to 6 teams and the two young couples are still mutually interchangeable. Get rid of them, and we might have something.

6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I feel the same!
    Teams that purposefully take money from others to advance themselves should be DQ'd.
    I don't know if I would have handled the loss of money as well as they did

7. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Taking money that isn't yours isn't right. The females all seemed to be perfectly fine with keeping the money, only the guy seemed to have a bit of conscience but he got overruled by estrogen. Too bad.

8. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I consider what the Twinnies did as stealing since they knew who the money belonged to. I'm glad we aren't doing the contest for this AR as I would have been knocked out already.

9. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

I agree there should have been a penalty for taking the money. THey didn't have to say anything to the rockers, but they could have left it where they found it. Prior teams have been penalized for moving backpacks, and I see moving the money as the same type thing.

10. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Yeah it seemed that Trey was the only one who didn't want to do it but was a wuss and didn't really do anything to stop it. I'm still in shock the twins/Lexi thought taking the money was a good idea. It just seems all kinds of wrong.

Still loving Jaymes and James though James lack of urgency at the roadblock was kind a surprise. If Jaymes hadn't encouraged him to seek out the ladies, I think he'd still be there, wandering around.

11. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I agree that there is no team I am really rooting for and this season is seeming blah.
    Glad the monster truckers are gone - Kelley was good though, but her husband annoyed me.
    The goatfarmers - sort of liked them at first, but after last night, don't like them anymore. Dumb and so tense.
    And I too wish there was some punishment for the $$ found. Just shows what kind of people they are. I sort of liked the Texas team, but not after this.
    I might end up rooting for the Twins, as they annoy me, but being the only female team and competing well they might end up being the most deserving - everything being relative. The Chippendales are fun to have around, but just not sure if they can win it.
    Not sure if any of these teams would have gone far in other seasons.

12. genevieve

I wonder how much of that was editing - they made it look like James was wandering around for a really long time, but it could have been just a couple of minutes before Jaymes told him to go for the ladiez.

I did like that the twins told the people in the market to buy the sherbet from the Chips as they dashed off.

13. The Village Idiot

The Village Idiot Demon Barber

14. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I know that, but if you'd checked the time of that original posting of mine, you would have noticed I posted that during the episode. Therefore, not wanting to spoil anyone was a legitimate concern.

julieann and (deleted member) like this.
  15. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Where did up you see this? Did I somehow miss it during the episode? :confused:

16. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

Monster Truck is gone! And I love that it was his stubborn streak that did them in! :HA!:

:eek: :rofl:

I was praying the Chippendales would pick the hammam task (although that wasn't a task really) and they did! :cheer: :grope:

Rooting for them or the goat farmers.

17. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

Monster Truck was really getting on my nerves, although she kicked butt in a couple of the challenges.

Was rooting for the Chippendales to do the hammam and they did not disappoint! I couldn't understand why anybody would have chosen the bagel task over basically being pampered.

Chippendales, farmers and rocker dudes are my definite faves although all three teams really seem to bumble along. Interchangeable dating couples and twinnies are boring with their trash talk and the money thing was just ridiculous. Love how the rockers handled it, especially their sensitivity to the idea of begging for money in such a poor country.

18. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't on the episode. They were pics from Josh. :cheer: for Josh and Brent!!!

Jaymes and James are really growing on me. Hope they are also able to stick around for a while longer.

19. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Really liking the rockers -- they seem very in touch with reality given what has taken place in their lives. Two cool dudes. :respec:
    Twinnies -- I go back and forth on the two of them. Sometimes I'm rooting for them, other times I wish they'd take a chill pill. I'd take them for a final three.
    Chippydales -- how can you go wrong with two guys with the same name but spelled differently. Nice eye candy doesn't hurt either.

So glad HE monster truck is gone; too bad SHE had to go by his rules.

Everyone else = meh!

20. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Rockers are my favourites. They're so calm about the race and they just go about their business. I hope they win.
    I didn't want to like the Chippendales, but I do. They're fabulous!

21. genevieve

what time you posted is irrelevant - if you have seen it, it has aired. Absolutely no need for concern.

22. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

There won't be a problem after this then. If this is how trying to show the others simple courtesy is looked at, then I'm done.

Enjoy the rest of the Season everyone.

23. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Amazing Race suicide?

Didn't we used to have a game called that? ;)

24. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i miss beefy

25. Norlite

Norlite New Member

We will, thanks!

Habs and (deleted member) like this.
  26. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

Whatever floats your boat. You should be glad it was genevieve who told you though. I wouldn't have been as nice.

cholla and (deleted member) like this.
  27. genevieve

Bye!

28. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

30. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Ooh plane dilemmas...