TAR with no game :( But we've got Chippendales

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Huh. I guess that explains the lack of bickering a little bit, I just pegged them as a couple in their 20's.

2. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I've rarely been so happy for an NEL.

I missed the beginning of the episode.
    What was the distressing "news from home"?

3. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I was quite impressed with she-Monster during the scale task and was waiting for he-Monster to have a stroke during the bamboo task. Twinnies are so funny, I'm willing to ignore the screeching. They're the TAR Mary Murphy for me... always mute when on screen.

4. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Not sure how I feel about the Twinnies. On one level the constant screeching is annoying but on another level, I love how competitive they are for a f/f team.

My favs are James & Jaymes. Even when messing things up like counting bamboo, they keep their positive attitudes going and I like that in a team.

5. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

Rock Star James' father was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer, no chance of remission.

6. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Are James and Abba not brothers? I was surprised that only one of them was talking about the bad news. I missed the first episode this season, so didn't get the full story on the teams. They certainly look like brothers.

7. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

No, they are not brothers, just good friends (plus I believe James is one of Abba's law clients as well).

8. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

ok, through the magic of the internet I looked it up :p Aside from their style (and personality) similarities, I guess I thought the most likely connection between a rock star and a lawyer would be if they were related :lol: but it makes sense that Abba is an entertainment lawyer.

9. Prancer

Prancer Ghetto Fabulous Staff Member

If my husband and I were on the show, we would be bickering all the time, and 31 and 35 are way back in the rear view mirror :shuffle:.

The Abby and Ryan story is that she wants to get married and he doesn't, so they are doing the race to test their relationship :blah:.

The twins are great racers--underneath all the screeching, they are actually pretty calm and cool. But there's so much screeching.

She-monster was awesome in that task and didn't she turn around go haul bamboo like a trouper, too.

10. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I was concerned towards the end that one of my favorite teams was going to be eliminated & then:duh: it hit me that it was time for a NEL round & so it was. I'd like to see the Monster Truckers leave next as I don't find them very interesting.

11. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

Finally caught up!

My 13 year old jr high student sense of humor was also :rofl: over: "Long, strong and hard! Long, strong and hard!"

I am in love with him! He was so sexy tying up those bundles of bamboo, lol. They are seriously hot and seem like nice country boys. Definitely my favorites this season!

12. allezfred

allezfred Upsetting Canadians Since 2004 Staff Member

Still loving TWINNIES! Although if everybody is like them, I'm never going to Shriek Lanka. :scream:

I was :drama: at the end that the Chippendales might eliminated, but thankfully they made it. :cheer:

13. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Josh and Brent dressed up as the Chippendales for Halloween, and the twinnies dressed up as Josh and Brent! :lol:

14. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:eek: please tell me there are pictures of this?!

And did anyone see the commercial for the preview this Sunday that I just did?! Even though it was in a commercial on CBS, I'll spoiler it ....

Someone steals Long Hair's money?! Ain't there a rule about not being allowed to steal the other teams money/passports/clues, etc.??

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

We're late here in NC.

Watching 60 Minutes, an interview with Aaron Rodgers of the Packers. Something about him reminds me of Steve Carrell.

16. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

We're on time in Canada.

Won't say anything other than Karma is going to hurt two teams big time eventually for what happens at the beginning of the episode...

17. shan

shan Well-Known Member

It's started here and I know that it's the Rockers' fault that they dropped their $$ but :rolleyes: at the Twins and random dating couple.

Glad to hear it AE!!

18. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Just shocked that the screechies took the money. Would hope that future seasons will address taking money that you know is another team's cash. Random strangers in Bangladesh rock. :)

Monster and truck can leave my screen too.

19. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

The worst part about it was that it really didn't have an impact on the game, but it did mean that random strangers in a poor country gave money to James and Abba. So in a roundabout way, the twins took the money from the random strangers in Bangladesh.

20. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Erin - you said it better than I thought it. I'm pretty sure they got rid of the 'no cash for last place NEL' teams a few seasons ago after it was pointed out that racers were begging in the streets of poor countries for cash so they could keep trying for a million dollars.

I just want karma to slap 2 teams right now.

21. Castlerock

Castlerock Member

Why did someone tell the goat farmers that they did the exam wrong? Usually it happens when they arrive on the mat and Phil says "you did not complete the task correctly, go back and do it again". And what's with the easy NEL tasks? Eating ice cream? Even my kids thought that was lame.

22. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

I PVR'ed and didn't watch live, so I thought from this post that we actually saw the karma hit this episode in the form of a penalty. Disappointed to see that's not the case.

ETA that I understand why no penalty if it's not explicitly spelled out in the rules, but like dbell1, I'd like to see it addressed in the rules.

23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:huh: I'm assuming the Karma doesn't hit this episode?

24. pair mom

pair mom New Member

We can always hope this will come to pass....disgusting!

25. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

:cheer2: One loudmouth down, 2 screechies to go.

26. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Sorry I made it look like it would happen in this episode shan. I was trying not to spoil anyone. However, at some point you have to know Karma will track those four down and give them the bitch slapping that's deserved.

27. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I don't think AE meant the Race specifically, let alone this leg.

Gah, from the promo looks like the rockers get careless with belongings again. :wall: I wonder if they only just found out tonight about the money. Disappointed in the Twinnies and Texans for sure.

28. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm just too literal I suppose. :lol:
    I was hoping that Phil would describe that vacation and then snatch it away. :EVILLE:

Erin and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Btw, I now see why Louis loved Istambul so much! Added yet another city to my bucket list...

30. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

My favorite line of the night: Turkish man to cheerleader "I'll give you the money, just go away" :rofl: