TAR with no game :( But we've got Chippendales

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Oct 1, 2012.

1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Being a "super-fan" implies more knowledge of the game and how to play than they appeared to possess.

2. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

yeah, there have been some superfans on Survivor who didn't excel, but they came in with strategies and realized that the game is more than plans on paper - but the subs really didn't seem to know much about the race, other than they probably came across as racing poorly on tv.

TWINNIES!! :p

3. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

:drama:

4. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

:D Twinnies! They're great.

Not sad to see the subs go, they were lousy racers all the way around. Monster truckers don't annoy me as much as it seems everyone here, but they're not a favorite. They can stick around until final 5 or so. I still don't know the names of that one dating couple that always seems to finish high up on the leaderboard. Abby and someone?

I'm wondering if we have any future issues with Abba & partner's incident with falling into the sewage? They kind of left that tie open a bit and didn't give us much closure on the issue other than he was worried about what could come from it.

5. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

What knowledge does one need to play? It's not like Survivor, where you need a strategy. It's a race, where you perform tasks and get from A to Z. They weren't good at tasks or getting around, but I don't think that was because of lack of knowledge of the race.

:yikes:

I was LOL that they were referring to Abby and Ryan as psychos. Abby and Ryan are driven, but they're not the ones SHRIEKING CONSTANTLY.

I didn't like him yelling about the boat guy costing him a million dollars, but they don't bother me, either.

6. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

I couldn't stand being around TWINNIES for too long, but I'm still finding them entertaining. :lol: :EVILLE:

Obnoxious monster truckers need to go! Were his eyes closed this entire leg of the race that he thought that anyone in Bangladesh would give two flying fcucks about him being able to win a million dollars? Asshole.

Not too bothered about Mutt and Jeff going as they served their purpose by knocking out the why doesn't anyone speak English blondes.

7. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

Twinnies constant shrieking would drive me right around the bend if I were on the race with them, but they are pretty good racers.

Trucker guy and his wife seem ok until they start blaming the locals for costing them 1 million. Dude, buy a clue and look around you. :rolleyes:

Still loving the goat farmers and Abby and whatshisname are pretty good racers and drama free so far. Subs were just inept. :lol:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I don't know why the producers cast them; despite the many years they'd tried to get on.

The best racers seem to have some linguistic ability, cultural awareness, and travel experience.
    Adaptability seems a plus, also.

9. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

I admit I laughed when, during the mattress challenge, he told her: "you spread and I'll pound."

10. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Love that Josh and Brent are doing so well. Fingers crossed they can keep going for lots more legs! :cheer:

11. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

No big loss for me on the eliminated's this week. I was hoping it would not be a NEL just because Tall Guy was so boring.

I also wonder if there will be a future issue with Long Hair and the sewage. We didn't even see him step into it, yet they made a big deal out of telling us about it, and him using the sanitizer. So I was wonder if they had to do that because he gets ill in the next few episodes or something. Guess we shall see. But :eek: about that AND the rat challenge!

I completely missed how the teams ended up not completing the final task right that Phil couldn't check in the Monster Truckers, and then Teams telling everyone what they were doing wrong. And i still didn't pick it up what they did wrong. Did they go to the wrong place to catch the boat or something?

12. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

The monster truckers disembarked at the wrong point. Some of the others had taxi drivers that took them to the pit stop location so they needed to double back and take the boat over again.

13. BaileyCatts

Ohhh. Now I understand. Thanks. :) Couldn't figure that one out at all.

14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I had a brief moment of liking the twins, but that has passed. The "twinnies" cheering is :scream: :scream: beyond annoying....

Is anyone else watching or is everyone watching storm coverage?

15. Fridge_Break

I'm watching! I'm :rofl: at the bamboo task.. I know I shouldn't be laughing at passers-by getting thumped, but it's just too funny. I lost it when the twinnies smacked their cameraman :p

16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I know, those locals better be on their toes. :lol:

17. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

TWINNIE!!! TWINNIE!!! :scream: Of course, they redeemed themselves with the bamboo randomly whacking the watchers. :rofl:

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I think the jute side of the task looks easier if you are super detail oriented. I feel bad for the farmers...

19. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

TWINNIE!

that would motivate me to work really hard to pass them by enough so i couldnt hear them

20. Fridge_Break

Abbie & Ryan (copied their names from the screen graphics) are the team I can never remember the names of, they mentioned at the beginning of the eppy that they want to break the record for most leg wins.. which would be 9 of the 12. Failing to win the current leg in this episode, that means they will need to win every single leg from here until the end to break the record. I personally hope they don't do it, because they are super unforgettable, however, I am rather impressed with their methodical method of racing and not bickering when things don't go exactly as planned, as what is typically the case with younger dating couples. When they were told their fabric material was not pounded right, they just got right back to work to fix it. Points for that. Maybe now I will make a better effort to remember their names.

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

That bamboo task looks so hard...

22. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I think the twinnies are hysterical. I'd hate to race with them, but they're funny to watch. I'm exhausted just watching this episode. Glad the goat farmers got the NEL.

23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

The teams left are more or less likeable, even if some of them are annoying. My least fav. is Monster Truck.

24. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Have to root for the twinnies in their Bronx shirts! :cheer:

25. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

:eek: I've thought all along that Josh and Brent make it quite far in the race, so that ridiculously close call definitely had me worried tonight!! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing them rock it in Istanbul!

:cheer: :cheer:

26. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Plus it was sweet getting one of the local kids to chime right in and cheer along.

27. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

She's 31; he's 35.

Ditto. Bring on the earplugs. Even though I think Ryan is kind of a tool.

28. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I liked the interaction, but dern did she have to get him to chant TWINNIE???? :slinkaway

29. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

TWINNIES!!!!!
    :cheer2:

:p
    I love them. Never want to meet them, but llluuuuurve them on this race. They're like a butch Mirna and Charla :cheer2:

My second favorite team is the Chippendales. Oh my hell, Jaymes (the blonder one has to be Jaymes not James, right?) is hilarious and all kinds of awesome.

I'm so glad this was a NEL....really didn't want the goat farmers to go out, although I'm worried about them next week.

And yes, Ryan is kind of a tool.

30. BaileyCatts

The "Twinnies" are starting to annoy. But then again, I find them hysterical.

Could kinda see the NEL coming, so I wasn't too worried about the Goat Farmers, or the Chippies when they left some poles behind. I'm really starting to love the Chippies as my favorite team, with the Goat Farmers in second. I hope those two stick around until the end.

Turkey will be another blazing heat country, won't it? Just watching them sweat buckets in that heat made me feel it almost! Those tasks were tough tonight. I woulda dropped dead in that heat if I was doing any of them. I'd be wishing for a stop in like Iceland next just to get some cool weather.