TAR with no game :( But we've got Chippendales

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Twins should have done the bulls instead...

2. Kelleys6th

Kelleys6th Active Member

Can't stand the "twinnies" calling the Goat Farmers "the gay's!" :argue:
    People, lets get over the categorizing of people by their life preferences! :rolleyes:

:cat:

3. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I could have done without that too.

4. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

"ankle goat" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like to see them hanging in there however. :D

5. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Did they? I thought they said (when talking about their map) "they're so prepared, they're gay" (as if preparedness was a gay trait?) Still not a good thing, as 'goat farmers' is an easy label, but not quite the same as calling them 'the gays'. (ETA:Oh, I think this must be a different time they called them gay, "We could have beat the gays out here." TWOP has a poster thinking they said the guys, but since that would be two references to gays in one episode, probably not.)

I too am baffled bad ankle goat farmer took that task, except like he said- he forgot his ankle was bad. They were freaking standing on a tennis court, they had to know what was coming up.

/Also- having just watched Flo's season, without a doubt I would be the same by the end of the race. Maybe not quite as bad with the giving up, I don't think I'd do that, but I'd be whiny as hell when it got hard and I got tired and hungry. And my whine voice is just as grating...

6. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I thought they said "gimps"? Which considering the ankle injury would make sense.

It would be nice for it to *not* ever be a label though. :(

7. Kelleys6th

Kelleys6th Active Member

Yes, they did mention how the Goat Farmers were prepared because they were gay, but as they were fixing the windmill, the Twinnies said they coulnd't "believe the gay's beat" them. :rolleyes:

:cat:

8. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

I'll watch it, but it's not international, so not quite the same thing. Fingers crossed CTV puts more thought into casting the host than they did with SYTYCDC.

Aw, NEL. I wouldn't mind if the Goats made the final over Twinnies. I can't believe the lack of driving/navigating this season, that is usually classic TAR fare with lost teams. :confused: Maybe it has to do with the Ford sponsorship, only using Ford cars?

9. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

wheee! last week's ep was where I'm going next month, and this one was where I went last year (Barcelona)! Mallorca looked amazing.

This gay girl thought it was hilarious - teams use shorthand for each other, just as fans do. sometimes they're snarky, but this was hardly mean-spirited. It's far more objectionable to have someone call your sexual orientation a "life preference". :rolleyes:

zOMG I can't believe TWINNIES half assed learning how to drive a stick shift :duh: but hearing them talk about their childhood tennis lessons and spanish classes was :rofl:

CassAgain and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

I'd think calling them "goat farmers" would be an example of calling them by their life preference :shuffle:

11. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I got more insight into them from those little bits than I have from all the prior episodes combined. They seem to me to be classic B students. Financially privileged, good looking, smart enough to get a pass from the teachers because they're so "capable", and savvy enough to work the system.

Looks like it bit them in the azz, though, as spending a bit more time on tennis and Spanish might have helped them this leg.

12. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Having wanted the twins off my tv for a while now, I was bummed it was a NEL. :(

Lilia A and (deleted member) like this.
  13. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I love the twinnies. They always make me laugh. I'd find them annoying in RL, but on TAR, I think they're hysterical. They and the Chippies are always a source of amusement because they don't take themselves too seriously. Trey and Lexie are excellent racers. They work well together and focus on the task at hand. They are also boring. The Goats suck at the physical tasks and ankle goat is a whiner. The other one, not so much. He just plugs along and does his best. I'd say there was no way they'd win, but if one of the other 3 teams screws up, they could limp into first place. I don't think that will happen, but you never know. Of the other 3, I think it could be any of them, but Trey and Lexie will be hard to beat if they keep their focus like they have recently.

14. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

What I appreciate about Josh and Brent is that they have analytical skills and use them well.
    They also seem to enjoy the unique experiences and opportunities offered by TAR, more than most teams.

15. genevieve

I will be crying in my soup if either the Chips or TWINNIES don't win. They have both made this season. Trey and Lexi are great racers, and I love a good underdog comeback, but the Chips and TWINNIES have been great racers (with some major :duh: moments), and they are incredibly positive racers. Yes, I called TWINNIES positive - they're snarky, but they are just as snarky to themselves as to anyone else and I think they've been hilariously upbeat even when they are stressed out about mistakes. Would they be hard to be around 24/7? Yes :yikes: But they're probably a hell of a lot of fun and fiercely loyal to have as friends, if you can just keep some earplugs on hand.

16. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Initially I was not thrilled with some of the remainng teams, but now I am really enjoying how nice they are within each team and to each other. It is very refreshing. As long as the goat farmers don't win, I will be ok with the outcome.
    Chippendales are just fun, nice guys
    Twins - can be annoying, but are very capable and entertaining
    Trey & Lexie - for a young dating couple that has not travelled much - they are adapting very well, very focused.
    I did like how happy they were to see each other during this leg. Just so different than other seasons. If I were the goat farmers - I can understand their relief when they finally caught up.

17. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

:lol: That's rich. ;)

So proud that Josh (and Brent) are still kicking! Josh was definitely the smart choice for tennis. Really. They'd still be there if Brent had to do it.

As a gay man, I, too, thought it was funny that the twinnies kept calling them "the gays." (FWIW, the twinnies, Chips and J&B are all good friends, and Josh is anything but a whiner in "real life.") The twinnies have actually grown on me over the past few weeks. I'm surprised Jaymes's sexuality hasn't come up yet. I'm guessing that the editors/producers thought that two gay men were enough for one show? :rofl:

Next Sunday should be a fun finale!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  18. genevieve

re: Jaymes, I figure it's so obvious, why bother mentioning? :rofl: love him :cheer2:

19. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^

20. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I guess I'll take my idiot comment back then. :eek: :slinkaway If Brent's tennis is anything like his swimming, that's probably true. Proud of them for hanging in! Incidentally, I wonder which teams they had in mind when they talked about longshots winning once in a while.

21. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

This. The TWINNIES are such great TV, annnnnnd they seriously don't whine and complain. It's all snark, and when it's a whine it's one and done. Nothing like Abby & Ryan (are those their names?) who were booted last week. Wahh! I get a kick out of people who don't know how to drive a stick attempting it on the show. The herky-jerky camera feed from inside their car whenever they showed them was :rofl: And I am so amused with how they call each other "fool!" and "dummy!" and "idiot!", you know they love each other. Annnd, this bi-sexual guy laughed his ass off at their, "they're prepared -- they're gay!"

22. Norlite

Norlite New Member

I had absolutely no idea at all.

:shuffle:

23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

24. genevieve

Don't forget "You dumbass!" and then they giggle at each other :lol:

whee for the pic of Ryan Bradley and Jaymes (and other people) :cheer2:

25. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Nice photo :swoon:

26. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Me neither. :shuffle:

And how many times do we have to see people not knowing how to drive a stick. :duh: Have they not seen the show? I can't drive a stick, but the minute I made it past the first round of interviews (and I'm guessing they go thru several rounds of interviews to pick the final contestants), my butt would be at driving school every.single.day learning to drive a stick. Hell I'd rent one and spend hours in an empty lot every night if I had to in order to learn how to drive a stick. While its usually funny when it happens, it just amazes me that after 20 seasons, it still does.

While I am still pulling for the Chippies for the win, I really don't hate anyone enough to want someone to NOT win. That rarely happens. :lol:

I can't believe only one more week though. :wuzrobbed Will it be back again in the Spring, or do we have to wait until next Fall for another season?

27. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there is a spring season. A new season started filming right before Thanksgiving. Spoilers have identified about 10 legs so far and photos of 11 teams are posted, with about the members of about 8 or 9 of those teams identified.

28. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

The Twin who was driving did say she'd practiced stick a bit before the race and thought (obviously wrongly) she was fine. So at least they weren't totally ignorant they'd need to do it.

They're very lucky to have gone this long without driving though.

Btw, I wonder how many past contestants were :drama: that they never got a vacation day at the beach on the race. :lol:

29. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

He spells James with a "y". Of course he's gay. :lol:

30. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

I wondered why the other Twinnie didn't drive, because she seemed to at least talk like she knew what she was doing.

That does remind me of one other reason why I shouldn't apply for TAR Canada - I have never driven stick in my life. Although given that this race isn't leaving Canaca, probably less likely to be an issue.