TAR with no game :( But we've got Chippendales

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Oct 1, 2012.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I miss Beefy :wuzrobbed

Two million dollar prize if the winner of the first leg wins the whole game. Bring on the Chippendales :cheer2:

I already hate the cheerleader.
    Twins
    80s rockers
    Gay goat farmers :rofl:
    Off and on daters: WTF How can you be off and on for 10 years.
    Blonds blah
    Lumber jack
    Very short guy.
    Requisite dating divorced couple--they'll be the whining fighter
    Chippendales without shirts. Keep their shirts off.
    Monster Truckers! Whee

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

So happy to see Phil on my TV again :cheer:

3. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Yay, TAR! And they're starting in my old stomping grounds of Pasadena!

If that woman keeps saying "yeehaw" during this race, I'll definitely be rooting against her.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  4. BelleBway

oh jeez, if I'd been on this season I'd already be eliminated at the sight of the rappel :lol:

5. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Go goat farmers and hair metal bassist! (pretty sure I met him in the 80s)

And I'm not eating any Fallopian tubes :scream:

6. rfisher

For two million dollars, I'd slurp them right on down. Uh. Oh. Lumberjack effed up. Dumbass.

7. PrincessLeppard

ALWAYS READ THE CLUE!!!!

8. rfisher

Ryan will kill her before the show is over. He's Mr. super-competitor. He'll murder her when she falters.

9. PrincessLeppard

Don't help other teams, either. Does no one watch this show before they go on it?

10. rfisher

There are some slow and stupid teams this season.

11. BelleBway

I'm starting to angst that we might be wuzrobbed of shirtless chippendale voids for the season :drama:

12. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Maybe this will teach teams not to share the clue answers.

13. rfisher

Sadly, those strippers are dumb as rocks.

14. BelleBway

Well the eye candy will live to grace my TV for another week. *relief* :lol: Although if they keep playing this stupid, I am not going to be able to root for them. But please let them stay long enough to do some shirtless tasks or something... :shuffle:

15. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

:cheer: Josh and Brent!! They had me nervous, but 7th will do.

16. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

I was expecting uber competitors from the team intros.

17. BYTCH

BYTCH Celebrating Prancer's Specialness

Whoops, wrong thread. Sorry.

18. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

how is that a traditional dessert, to take a perfectly good papaya and fill it with offal?

19. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

Me too! Talk about falling short of expectations! :eek:

Glad we'll have some shirtless Chippendale action for at least another week though! :cheer2: (The male eye candy quotient is a little light this season otherwise. :shuffle: )

20. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

How many times do we have to go over it ..... Read.The.Clue! :duh: Do these people not watch the show? I can understand clue mistakes near the end of the race when they are exhausted and sleep deprived, but to not follow the very first clue? Stoopid. I thought they would get a penalty as soon as the food thing happened. I would have rather had a penalty than to eat all that again. Why did they have to eat so much of it though! One bowl would have served the purpose.

And there's no way in hell I coulda eaten that. :yikes: But I say that about most of the food challenges.

And how did that one couple end of at the Bank of China? I don't even understand what possessed them to go there. Read.The.Clue.

Was :lol:ing at every who walked right past the lady with the abacus.

Don't have anyone I particularly hate yet, which is surprising. Although I'm sure they will emerge soon.

Love the goat farmers. And the Tall Guy/Short Guy didn't seem too bad. Maybe I'll learn their names before the season is over. :p

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  21. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Happy show is back!
    Wow - gross eating challenge day 1! And great group of locals laughing and cheering - they were a fun group.
    I don't like the Twins either, so annoying, but they seem more capable of the Chippendales - what a bunch of dummies. Yes, no shirts please!
    Was that the Partridge Family bus in the beginning. hee hee
    Luv when dummies can't find what is front of them. If I was a camera person, I would be laughing so hard.
    Yes - read the clue, every word. I guess they were jetlagged? or Idiots?

22. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Some of the teams didn't know what an abacus was - much less how to pronounce the word.
    Disliking the nasty "superfans" because they are so "in your face" about it.

23. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

This is the first episode of TAR that I've missed the original broadcast of in years... thanks, work. :blah: I just watched the episode online... SO glad to have my Race back! Last season (mostly because of the presence of Brenchel) was really blah and not exciting, so I am really glad there's a whole new group of people. Exciting and fun episode, I have to say!

How much do I love that they had them rappel down a freaking bridge before they even got their first clue?! Nice way to get the adrenaline flowing... based on previews I've seen leading up to this season, we're in for some big tasks. I remember bungee jumping and a couple other crazy ones being advertised.

Far too hard to get a read on the teams this early. I couldn't even tell you the names of the team that won the leg, other than they were one of the generic dating couples, blah.

The twins cracked me up in their intro.. "she broke up with my high school boyfriend for me and he had no idea it was her." :rofl: They seem like they'll be a strong team if they don't get flustered too much, but I think they're definitely one of the more competitive among the group.

:lol: at how many wandered straight past the woman with the abacus (and additional :lol: :duh: for how many people that didn't know what an abacus was or how to pronounce it), the cameramen on this show are incredible to get the shots that they do without being a dead give-away to the teams.

Soooooooo glad to have TAR back! :D

24. PrincessLeppard

I think I'll probably wind up hating monster-truck guy, and the team that I hated from the beginning is gone already. :cheer2: ("He's the man; I quit my job to move out here and be with him and he makes all the decisions because I'm totally lame." I may have paraphrased a bit there at the end...)

:)

25. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I'm not too certain who I'll root for. Glad that Rob & Sheila are gone. I think I like Trey & Lexi; goat farmers & the girl (Amy?) who lost her legs & her partner.

26. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I wonder how successful she really was in the business she left?

He (and she) made some very poor decisions.
    I hope that she realizes that, now.

27. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

I'm really glad that she's gone. Women who check their brains in a relationship make me :wall::wall::wall:

I could not believe how many people had no idea what an abacus was and how to pronounce it.

28. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

That was pretty embarrassing.:shuffle:

29. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I need an albatross. Hey, maybe a bank will have one. :yikes:

Chip and Dale need to leave my screen. Now. And they can take old yeehaw with them.

Glad the makeup executive and her hammer went home. Now she can continue to be an idiot being told what to do.

Have the feeling that I won't like the Indian girls or the monster truckers. Missed part of the intro, will have to watch on demand to figure out who's who.

30. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

"You didn't choose me; I chose you." :yikes::yikes:

So glad we won't be seeing a whole season of that.