TAR: Hockey players, roller derby moms, and the mullet to end all mullets

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Feb 18, 2013.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Yes but speaking to the monkeys is different than speaking for them. :lol:

Oh no I like the hockey players. :wuzrobbed:

2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I'd totally be doing that. I talk for my cats all the time. :slinkaway

3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl:

4. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I want Connor for my partner when I go on TAR. That is one awesome kid.

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Oooh the express pass people are switching detours. That is good for the hockey players (unless they use said express pass).

I'm so excited about the dad/son coming in first.

6. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Did the girl in the red rip her pants or is the ll cool j look supposed to be stylish.

7. PrincessLeppard

I think it's time to use the Express Pass.

8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Bye bye express pass holders.

Is this the first time this has happened on the race?

9. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

I can't believe that John and Jessica didn't use the express pass. John's stubbornness really did them in.

10. Skittl1321

It sure did. She wanted to use it the whole day.

11. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Good grief....

John is an idiot.

:rofl: at Phil in the last seconds of the broadcast. What did he say?

12. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I'm betting they're no longer a couple. He may have no regrets, but she's pissed. I would be too.

Phil tweeted that that was the first time a player holding an express pass has been eliminated. He was as confused as we were when it happened.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  13. PrincessLeppard

Instead of switching tasks, why didn't they use the Express Pass??? That's what it's for!

Lame.

14. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I'm sitting on my couch in complete :rofl: PML how John is all "oh well that's the way the cookie crumbles!" about not using the Express Pass, and Jessica is sitting there waiting for the cameras to shut off so she can dump his ass. Or shove him off the cliff.

15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I wonder if he realizes that in claiming to have no regrets he comes across as completely idiotic.

16. Skittl1321

Sounded like "oy vey"

17. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:respec: Phil!!

18. PrincessLeppard

Okay, I like Connor and Dad, but dad is delusional if he thinks they can win. They can keep going as long as Connor can do the tasks, then they're finished.

19. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Connor & Dad and Chuck & Wynonna are both going to run into the same problem (if they survive a few more legs) where one partner is going to use up their maximum number of roadblocks. Usually the limit is 6 per season. These teams both have a 4/1 roadblock split among their partners.

20. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Yep both teams are in real trouble with the roadblock limit. Ever since Chip carried Kim to the bathmat in first place (she did one all race) the rule has been in place to make sure that never happens again.

I'm still in shock that Jessica didn't dump John's ass right there. How you can go out with an express pass in your pocket is beyond me. I guess his huge EGO wouldn't allow himself to admit he was wrong!

21. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Jessica is a classier girl than me, as I don't think I would have stayed as calm as she did. Gotta love his arrogant "no regrets"...I'm pretty sure Jessica has some regrets!

22. Skittl1321

I don't think Connor and Dad have much choice on the roadblock split. I think everyone thought this task would be surfing. Dad would have been crazy to take it.

I think YouTube would have gone the other way if they knew what it was. Their plan is for him to do physical ones, as I think most split sex teams plan.

23. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

Anthony Michael Hall's son is a doofus.

Connor's dad is amazing with those crutches.

And did I miss something or did the hockey dudes pick up someone else's clue at the monkey thing? If they did, how did the people who lost it check in? TAR requires you to have all your clues at the great bathmat--they've sent some players back to find them.

24. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

That is exactly what I said to my sister! :rofl:

love papa and son, but I am hurting just watching him race. :(

25. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

The craziest end of a leg ever, and PML @ Phil's reaction. I replayed what he said a few times - did sound like Oy Vey or very similar.
    John - what an idiot, can't see the forest through the trees. Felt bad for Jessica, and yes - very nice on screen.
    Can't see how father/son can last.
    This season - great locations!!! Just gorgeous scenery.

26. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Weren't they the only ones there at the time? (I'll go look - haven't deleted it from the dvr and it's only 10:00 normal time anyway - stoopid time change.)

Definitely Oy Vey (I know that without going to the dvr :p)

27. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

Phil did say oy vey and the music at the beginning of the credits was hilarious. John was a complete idiot, not sorry to see him go, too bad he had to drag Jessica down.

ITA re the locations, incredible and the roadblocks and detours have been pretty awesome. If dad/son go out in the next leg, I think they have still had an incredible run. Would love to see them back in an all-stars edition.

28. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

Yes, but their monkey ran off with their coconut and then they said something about someone leaving behind a clue (I was wandering in and out at the time and didn't see or hear the whole thing).

29. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

That didn't take long :p

The hockey players were the last ones to the monkey place. Their monkey ran up a tree, and the clue dropped out from somewhere above. They commented that maybe the girls (whoever that may have been) left them the clue because it looked like a tube of lipstick.

The weird thing was that the mullets were the team that left before them, and were said to be in 5th place. Not sure where the difference happened, but from super fast forward to the end, I didn't see any more monkey scenes. ETA - I fast forwarded too fast. There was a girl team after the mullets.

On the surf board challenge, didn't a team bring in a Bali board thinking they saw it? Because as I was forwarding through, I saw a Bali logo at teh airport - except that was something they saw, not something they experienced, which would be hte difference.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  30. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Wow. John is a complete idiot and a tool to boot. His whole "I see no reason to discuss the way in which I unnecessarily lost us this race, since there's no way I can do anything about it at this time" was hilariously awful. Poor Jessica. I wonder if she is required to stand next to him at the final bathmat (probably). I wonder if she's allowed to spend her time between elimination and final bathmat on her own, because I bet he's the last person she wants to be around. Oy vey indeed.

Connor and Dad did an admirable job again this leg :cheer2: but I wish Pam and Winnie had gotten this one, as they ran a great leg.

ETA: the youtube guy reminds me way too much of Johnny Weir. He's going to bust out and call someone a honey badger, I just know it.