TAR: Hockey players, roller derby moms, and the mullet to end all mullets

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Feb 18, 2013.

1. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

"I'm so f*cking smart" Katie doesn't know what chartreuse is. :p

2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

IT'S GREEN YOU IDIOTS.

3. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Neither Mona/Beth and Jen/Caroline deserve to move on after screwing up so badly!!

4. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

As clusterfecky as that leg was, CBS completely spoiled who made the final 3 with the previews they had been running all week, they showed everyone but Caroline & Jen doing tasks in Washington, DC.

5. PrincessLeppard

I realize they don't want a final three with one team way ahead or way behind, but it's lame that they had to be on an assigned flight.

6. Catherine M

I didn't like that at all how the last leg's travel was spooned fed. Oh well.

7. Fridge_Break

:revenge: Stupid cab driver dumping Mona & Beth off at the wrong spot.

8. PrincessLeppard

To be fair, they said "The White House." Apparently, they didn't know 1600 is the number of the White House.

9. Fridge_Break

I guess I missed that :p

10. Catherine M

Like this switchback! Its random but fun!

11. PrincessLeppard

I want to dress up like a baseball.

12. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Me too... that looks like fun! :lol:

13. Fridge_Break

Well this last leg was a big snoozer :yawn: Unless the hockey brothers get a cab that drives them to New York, this isn't even going to be close.

14. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I switched over to Chopped. Did Bates and Anthony not really know Mount Vernon? Which, by the way, is gorgeous. I spent hours going to every single room and building when we were there.

15. PrincessLeppard

I'm so glad Max and Katie didn't win. :p

Lilia A and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

This.
    I was cheering for the hockey brothers from the moment Anthony asked Bates if he had his teeth in the first episode. :lol:

17. Catherine M

Great final leg by Bates and Anthony! First alpha male team to win in a long time.

Dave and Connor are soooo coming back for the next "second chances"/"all stars".

And editors totally spoiled the ending when they left in the clip of Meaghan saying in one of the early episodes "the hockey brothers will destroy them at the end" when she was musing why other teams were aligning with them.

18. liv

liv Well-Known Member

yay!!! Wanted those two to win from almost the beginning....I thought they were really funny and had a good relationship without too much byotching at each other for a change.....and especially since they beat Max and Katie.. it was a fun last leg or two.

19. Norlite

Norlite New Member

Very deserving winners. I'm happy with the result.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I missed a lot of this season because of travelling but I'm glad the hockey brothers won. I don't want anyone who describes themselves as a "power couple" to win.

21. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

So much better then the horrible last season with the worst winners ever. All the top 3 was excellent!!! Couldn't have been a better finale!

22. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

How so? Is Meaghan clairvoyant?

23. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

this was a really boring finale :shuffle:

Country Barbies and Derby Moms were just atrocious! I can't believe Derby Moms essentially got told what they were doing wrong and it still took them a while to figure it out :wall:

Bates and Anthony did a great job, well done! :cheer:

Looking forward to Connor/Dave coming back (although hopefully with fewer tears).

24. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

I too am happy the Hockey brothers won. I didn't like Max and Katie and I knew Mona and Beth didn't have much of a chance to win.

I wasn't at the edge of my seat watching the final half hour, it was obvious who was going to win. Oh and while it didn't come down to who had the fastest cab to drive them to the finish line they still spent a large amount of time in a taxi. I'm not a fan of cab racing to the finish line. But anyway, Bates and Anthony were so far ahead that they could have stopped for a snack, a drink, and maybe a foot massage and still finish in first place. My favorite final task still remains Season 9, where they had to find flags, put them in order, and then immediately run to the finish line on foot.

What I hope for for next season? Fierce competitors, no alliances, no annoying bickering couples, exciting new tasks, memorable switchbacks (can they PLEASE bring back the Ox challenge so we can get a flashback of Colin's "my ox is broken"?), and of course some beautiful sightseeing. Hopefully some new locations too.

25. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:rofl: Although I learned what color it was from Peggy Fleming. Prior to that I woulda had no clue. :eek:

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  26. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

My bytch sister came over and ticked me off prior to watching and completely ruined watching the finale for me that I looked forward to all week!! :mad:

Good gawd I would have died running those trays down those stairs, then back up, then back down, then back up, times dozens of times til you get it right!! Hell I woulda dropped flat on my butt after climbing up the first time and been calling for a medic. And I never could have managed carrying those trays down the stairs either! Just balancing them without dropping would not have worked for klutzy me.

I'm not sure I like the forced return flight. On one hand I can understand them doing it because if one team got a lead on a faster flight and landed hours before the others then where is the suspense. And at least twice that I can remember the 3rd team was still in another city when the others finished. So I do understand the Producer logic on that. But I would like to see them fighting for flights on that last leg. I don't like it, but I understand it.

Once the Roller Girls were dropped at the wrong location in DC I knew it was likely over for them. One of them kept saying to the driver "1100 Penn Avenue" and the other "the White House". So I kinda don't blame the cabbie too much for dropping them at the wrong place. Eh, it was 50/50 each of their faults since I like them though. :lol:

But really ... did they seriously think they were gonna get their pictures taken with THE President? Like Obama was just chillin' at the White House waiting for the teams to show up? I hope they were joking when they thought they were really gonna get their picture with the Prez, because really? :lol: I knew it would be something like a look-a-like or a cardboard cutout or something along those lines. The pictures were pretty cool though.

The spy task was funny. But I didn't notice any other people other than the Spy Dudes walking around that lake. Did they close it off for filming so the racers wouldn't randomly be jumping on unsuspecting visitors? And how did Max end up missing his guy if he got all the way to the end since it looks like he turned around like they were only walking in a selected portion of the lake? It looked like they jumped on every guy as they passed them. But since I didn't want them to win I'm glad he screwed it up. :lol:

Once again the final task would have killed me. Picking out those countries on a globe, I could only do the big ones. I would have never remembered the locations on a globe of the smaller countries. I wonder how long that task took each of them to do? Just searching thru the globes must have taken hours.

I wish they would list what time each team finished so you can see how far behind they really were. I always like to know that.

:cheer2: for the Hockey Boys!!

27. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

I was happy for the Hockey Boys but thrilled that Max and Katie lost - and lost because of Max! All his gloating about winning three legs in a row came to naught. I was disappointed in the Derby Moms but glad that they beat out the Country Singers, who seemed to me to be inept unless they were following another team - and they couldn't even do that well.

I was generally impressed that all three teams had taken notes the whole race - and were able to use those notes to help with the lock task. I'd hate to have to depend on my memory after a month of racing. And the Hockey guys noted that they'd used their time on the planes to study the maps and note the countries they'd visited - pretty smart! I enjoyed the season a lot.

28. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

I beg to differ. Even with Zach's awesomeness, Flo made that team the worst winners ever.

Lilia A and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

As soon as I saw those stairs, I would have switched to the art challenge immediately.

30. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Delighted for Anthony and Bates!
    I always miss TAR as soon as it's over, and wait impatiently for next season!