TAR 20: The first episode

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PrincessLeppard, Feb 20, 2012.

1. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

It just started here in Nebraska....

Sorry for unoriginal title :slinkaway
  2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I hate so much that Brendan and Rachel are on this show. I hate her even more since she has already said "we aren't on this race to make friends"

UGH.

Lots of young pretty people this time around. Maybe CBS thinks the old ugg-os don't bring the audience? I kind of prefer those. (And lots of people who have jobs that are very physically demanding...military, athletes, even clowns, honestly).

On initial impress, I'm rooting for "wrong side of the tracks" and rooting against "he got married, then divorced, I got married, then divorced, so now we are finally dating" oh, and B/R.
  3. PrincessLeppard

Boo! Plane tickets are already booked.
  4. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

It started on time on CTV in eastern Canada so we're already more than 1/2 way through the hour.
  5. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

I have no idea who they are since I don't watch Big Brother, but I don't like them on principle. ;)

Wheee, my show is back! :cheer:
  6. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I was ok with Ethan and Jenna(?) last season, but these guys seem more obnoxious. Meh.

Not feeling this cast too much in general so far, but it's obviously early.
  7. Skittl1321

I've never had problems with the Survivors (I LIKED Rob and Amber as racers) but I watched Big Brother their first season, and tried to watch it during All Stars, but they ruined it and I stopped watching.

Roadblock was tricky- DH and I totally would have picked wrong, and if they didn't give me a clue like Luke got (must be able to hear verbal instructions) we would have had to quit the race due to medical issues. Of course, I'm sure those issues would prevent me from getting on the race anyway- but for the most part it always seemed like we could avoid me having to bungee jump or sky dive or what not.
  8. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Early favs are Border Patrolers and Armyguy and wife. ((((Clowns))))

Sky diving is over rated. It's noisy and cold.

Jersyboys can't drive STICK!!!! Are you kidding me? Mark them down as leaving early.
  9. PrincessLeppard

Is Bopper missing teeth?
  10. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I can't believe people still participate without knowing how to drive stick.

Um, did someone say he hates Mexicans? Please tell me I misheard.
  11. rfisher

Golf sisters are idiots. I can't believe she drove off road in loose sand.
  12. Skittl1321

I think Brendan said he's not (or is?) Mexican but he hates them, with THEM refering to the Border Patrol guys, not to Mexicans.
  13. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Ah, ok - thanks! Serves me right for posting during the show.
  14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

The episode title is
    The Tears of a Clown
    I imagine that is too obvious a giveaway if that team truly is eliminated.

:rofl: at Rachel being referred to as Rainbow Brite.
  15. PrincessLeppard

I thought he said he was half-Mexican. Either way, he's all Idiot.
  16. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Eh, not excited by this group of racers. Too much praying and the BB team is already annoying.

Those 2 NJ muscle goons can get off my screen now. Hope they're first out.

They went from skydiving to empanada making? Totally random and awesome. :lol:
  17. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Looks like Golf Girls made another critical mistake leaving the bags, if the gong sound was any indication. :p

I could go for an empanada about now!
  18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Really? I must have missed that part, or maybe it doesn't bother me so I don't notice it.
  19. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I don't like the fact that so much depends on the order in which they found the balloon clues which was totally random.
  20. Skittl1321

Or how fast you hustled to pull as many down as possible. I didn't see- how many flights were there to South America? It definitely bunched them some, so it was only random if you were top or bottom tier.

Oh my goodness- Phil is actually referring to that guy as Joey Fitness.
    Also, girls, that "one mistake" didn't cost you a million dollars. You made so many mistakes you would have never gotten near the end.
  21. PrincessLeppard

I had Walking Dead on. How did the girls get eliminated?
  22. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

just starting in AZ. Jersey boys seem like total tools and never saw Big Brother, but that team seems really annoying. Really? Car sick? And clowns are crying already? Suck.it.up.
  23. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

They were right next to Phil at the mat and didn't see him so left. :wall:
  24. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

One of the more deserved eliminations- I liked them, but they made too many mistakes.
  25. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Phil's perplexed expression was :rofl: It ranks right up there with the twins who swam across a pool when every other team walked around it to get to Phil!
  26. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Agreed - just a shame it let the Jersey Boys continue. :blah:
  27. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I can't believe no one picked up on the best line from the ep: "My uterus is in my throat!" :drama:

Too soon to say about most of the teams. I hate that there is yet another CBS famewhore crossover team, but Rachel/Brendon is less heinous than Jeff/Jordan, Ethan/Jenna or Rombuh. Or at least I see them as being there just for entertainment purposes.

Ugh, those sisters :wall: I would rather have had them on the season than the Jersey boys, but they earned their elimination. I half expected Phil to start waving and saying "We're over here!!!"

I'm with whoever said waaaaaaaay too much praying going on already.
  28. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Don't know all their names yet but I luv luv LUV the Redneck Boys!! They were friggin' hilarious! I hope they stick around to the end!

And I hate hate HATE that Brendon, and I don't even watch Big Brother so have no clue about those two other than what I read on the cast announced TAR thread on this board. He's a total jerk. I'll be rooting for them to get booted next please. At least they didn't get the Fast Forward card.
  29. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I did! I had tears with that one. :rofl: That should have been the name of the episode! :lol:

I didn't notice that much praying, but maybe I'm immune to it on this show now. :lol: Although I do know that if I was the one jumpin' outta that plane I would have been screaming "please God don't let me dddddiiiiiiieeeeeeee!" all the way down!
  30. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Great first episode! :cheer: I'm liking the hottie twins from Arizona. I hope the fact that they didn't get a lot of air time this episode bodes well for how long they stay in the game.
  31. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I picked up on that "uterus is in my throat" too. :) I thought, that's gotta be the name for this epi! People can be so darn funny and not even realize it at the time.

So far I'm liking this season... but some people gotta go already!
  32. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston New Member

I guess I'm the only one who disliked the cartoonish Kentucky team. I've had enough homespun charm with the previous Kentucky teams we've had over the years to last a lifetime. They really turned me off for good with the comment about the "girls with the bodonka butts". Besides, I can't take an adult named "Bopper" seriously. They're as much of a stereotype as the Jersey Boys, who I didn't find as annoying as I thought I would.

That being said, I was sorry to see the girls eliminated. Too bad they made so many mistakes in a tightly packed bunch. They seemed to be fairly likeable.

I liked the twins, the military guy and wife, and I don't watch BB, so I didn't pick up on anything too bad about the team from that show. I'm hoping we get to know a little more about the badass girls - what are they, federal agents? I'm intrigued.
  33. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

[
    :D Mine too! Also like Team Badonkadonk (the cute Mississippi cousins, nickname courtesy of Boomer).

And brain cells. But I like him and Mark ... at least for a couple of episodes, which is certainly about as long as they can expect to last. :COP: Anything more would be oh so tiresome.
    Yes and yes. Frigging sisters ... we could've lost the 2nd most obnoxious team right off the bat if they'd have looked to the right. As for the 1st most obnoxious team, argh Big Brother II ... well, at least they'll be love-to-hate versus intolerably "Jersey Tool" ala hate-hate-hate. TAR is casting Big Brother villains for exactly the reason we're :rolleyes::mad: ... because we will tune in and talk about them. Nothing wrong with stirring a little interest, so long as it's not so odious that it's turning people away from the series.
    ITA! :kickass: I love that they've STACKED the deck with competitive, "battle zone ready" pairs. Tough guys and tough chicks, and just one obviously weak pair in the already-defeatist :blah: clowns.
  34. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I didn't care for them (Bopper & other guy) either - they came across as caricatures rather than real people. And the comments about the cousins was completely off-putting. I'm not above calling the cousins Team Badonkadonk now though :lol:

Mrs Clown is such a sad sack!
  35. rfisher

eys, I have a dilemma for who to pick to survive next week: Clowns or Jerseyboys. I think both will be gone soon. Just have to figure out which one might survive next week. Hmmm......this one may be a coin toss.
  36. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Oh, people -- please :drama: -- call them Jersey Tools, not Jersey Boys ...

... we musn't sully the :) sunshiney vision of one of the awesomelegendfabulousest musicals ever.
  37. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

A great start to the season IMO. Lots of teams seemed good enough to win.

A few thoughts...

Mark puking out the car door after doing the balloon challenge??? Jeez, was it that difficult?

Mrs. Clown crying after one day on the race? They better not last very long or she will be a wreck by the third leg!

Jersey "Tools" are as annoying as we expected. Good news is that they seem so lame that they wont be around long.

Alpha Male twins got the winner's edit...they were barely on the screen this ep.

Blondie and the Army guy I didn't expect much from...and they proved me wrong. They look like they will hang around a while.

Team Big Brother is annoying as I expected. I gave up on Big Brother when Eville Dick won, so I wasn't really familiar with these two. But based upon what I saw, they deserved their bad reputation. Hopefully they wont last long, as I am truly in the camp of hating the cross promoting on teams on different CBS reality shows. Here's hoping they pull a Donny and Alison and go out on the next leg....but I have a feeling that they may be around for a while.

BTW, I thought of Kami & Karli the Mensa Twins right at the start, thinking if they were in the race that they would have swam across the pond instead of running around it! LOL
  38. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I think it was because he was carsick. The other guy said something about anytime Mark was in the back seat of a car, that would happen. I noticed Mark drove the next time.
  39. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification, I didn't hear that. That's a tough problem to deal with as there are always a lot of driving on the race. I wonder if it still means that Mark ought to drive as much as possible, seeing that they can never both be in the front seat.
  40. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston New Member

Same here! :slinkaway