TAR 10/16: This is gonna be a fine mess

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Non-Elimination!

2. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I wanted an elimination as long as my favorites aren't the last to arrive.

Ahhh, they're named Jeremy and Sandy

3. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Everyone else just pointed out the location on the map and left it to their boat captain - the super sailors tried to figure it out using the compass and called it a simple navigational task. Ha! Ha! No on else appeared to get lost!

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Yes the navigation troubles of DadZac were :rofl:

5. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Forgot to mention that I loved Ma talking about "enjoying the view" while she watched Pa climb. They're wonderful!

6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

My favorites are the Boarders, Ma and Pa and Marcus/Amanti (Amani?).

7. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I agree. I really like them, they are very efficient, and pay attention. But I like things mixed up and some guessing as to what will happen.

Climbing challenge - I am assuming the editing made it seem easier than it came across.

Bro/Sis - not as bad this episode, but I want them gone, along with bickering couple that I only seem to have seen them this episode and the last one.
    But love Phil and Jennifer doing looks. hee hee

Marcus & Amani -seem like a really cool couple and parents.
    Bill & Cathi - hope they stay in for awhile.
    Twins - liked them until their meltdown.
    ZacDad - definitely had a negative preconceived negative for them, but they are ok as racers.

8. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

OK, random question.

Did anyone else keep hearing Laurence say "F*ck it" instead of Phuket? :lol:

9. kedrin

kedrin Active Member

Loving the boarders- I didn't think I would at first. Also love Bill and Cathi- they seem fun, and I like their strategy of having him do tasks since they don't know how long they'll be in the race. I hope they stay in longer than they think. Marcus & Amani are growing on me.

Oh- and: 'We took rock climbing lessons before we came on the race' :rofl::rofl:

10. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I don't ordinarily like NEL legs, but I'm glad this time because the twins were my pick.

I really like the boarders. Smart, physical, and great attitudes. We'll see if they can maintain that attitude when things get tough. That's the real test. The doctors really impressed me that way last season.

11. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Justin/Jennifer were successful at the coral reef task too :cheer2:

great episode! glad the guys all took a risk, too bad it didn't work out - but the bunching means it wouldn't have made any difference anyway.

Huge :respec: to Jennifer and Amani for doing the rock climbing tasks

LOVE Ma and Pa :) They were a trip in the taxi about passing the others, and the rock climbing banter was hilarious. I'm a little worried about Cathi's comment about having Bill do the physical tasks at this point, since they don't know how long they'll last. I wonder if they'll get pretty far and Cathi will end up having to do something like a strongman competition.

The problem was that Laurence pointed to the wrong place on the map. I'm sure if they'd identified the destination properly on the map :)P) using the compass would have been fine.

It sure was satisfying to see them get momentarily lost though :lol: almost satisfying enough to overcome Ernie/Cindy's utter confusion.

I kept hearing most of the teams saying "Fcuk it" :lol:

12. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member