Take it to the Max (All About Aaron)

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Sylvia, Feb 19, 2013.

1. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

2. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

I think Max was HIS version of the complete package when he skated his short to Tron. By working with Camerlengo, I would assume that there was plenty learned but in what could be his 'momentum fueled go for the brass ring' season, why on earth anyone would think that becoming almost a poor-man's copy of the truly unique Daisuke Takahashi (using the same music in the SP that Daisuke does to screaming raves as an exhibition; putting a twirly fop of hair at the top of his head - which Daisuke is the genuine article, like it or not) is puzzling.

Max. Be yourself. Was AWESOME.

3. dardar1126

I think Max is exploring and defining who he is as a skater...experimenting with choreography, technical content, overall look. I think this is natural for a relatively young skater; over time he'll figure it out. I give him credit for pushing his boundaries and taking risks. :)

Twitter:

4. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

This is confusing. Max's ex is not a copy of anything - this was his ex last season, too. I don't like the hair but it seems to be a popular style all over the world - Daisuke doesn't have copyright on it, you know. And so what if Max used music that Daisuke did a couple of years ago? It's not like Daisuke owns that, either. I actually quite like the SP for him as a vehicle. Skaters use music used by other skaters all the time.

Max was bullied into doing something about his PCS. So he's trying. It's not working for him because people are trying to force him to become Jeremy Abbott and he'll never be Jeremy Abbott (thank goodness). I would love to see Max skating the way he was last season - with joy and abandon. Hopefully everything's been sorted out by Nationals. Missing the GPF is probably a blessing in disguise.

5. dardar1126

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=498085590290167&l=a3ea527913

Tom Zakrajsek
    Senior Grand Prix Reflections Part 2:

Max excerpt:

6. dardar1126

7. dardar1126

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  8. dardar1126

9. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

Well just to clarify, I am referring to Max's Short Program music, which is the same as one of Daisuke's signature exhibition pieces. Camerlengo, who did the choreography for both programs (it was originally a short program for Daisuke) also used the same music for Weaver and Poje's Latin Short dance 2 seasons ago. I just think that it invites unflattering comparisons, and the thought of comparing is only heightened by the similarity of hair style. Never said any skater had a patent or ownership of any piece of music, and yes, people skate to the same pieces all the time (over and over again).

It was simply puzzling to me why he would attempt to make 'progress' with his style into a realm that is already so masterfully STILL being delivered upon in competitive skating. (Daisuke is still very much an active competitor. In fact they did the same Grand Prix events, not that Team Max would have known this necessarily back in the spring when the programs were being created).

I am a big fan of everything unique and powerful that Max brought last season, and while I recognize that skaters look to develop and grow, it seemed to me in such a densely competitive field of US men, and heading into such a pivotal Olympic season, when he had been receiving a clear and resounding sign from both US and international judges that those factors that made him 'unique', while not necessarily 'complete' were being recognized and rewarded (PCS was higher last season).

10. skatingguy

skatingguy Active Member

I think Aaron had the misfortune to have a break-out year the year before the Olympics - having the breakout season two or three years ago would have been better - it often seems that skaters have a breakout season and then have to regain focus as the demands on their time changes when they become a known skater as well as an extra season to develop his style and musicality - hopefully he will be able to stay healthy and have a shot at 2018 because I really enjoyed his skating last season.

11. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I agree with you skatingguy- Max has so much pressure on him this year, and at the beginning of last year he probably never even considered himself a contender for Sochi, his goal was likely 2018.

12. dardar1126

13. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Lol I love that song! :D Thanks for providing it, dardar1126, as well as those awesome pictures of Max and his family. :cool:

14. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Ditto! :encore:

15. misskarne

Aaaaaaaaaaah, that song will be stuck all day at work tomorrow, I know it.

Not enough Max tho. :p

16. personwhoishere

personwhoishere Well-Known Member

That video/song is hysterical and adorable, but most of them should really stick to their respective sports rather than singing :lol:

17. dardar1126

Posted: Tuesday December 3, 2013 3:33 AM

Legends hope to get skating back into spotlight

Excerpts:

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...g.the.spotlight.0753/index.html#ixzz2mRJESyFp

**They got Max's age wrong; he is 21, not 20.

EDIT: This link from Sylvia has 3 picture links...

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2013/12/03/2834634/legends-hope-to-get-skating-back.html

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  18. dardar1126

19. dardar1126

20. paskatefan

21. misskarne

That's pretty!

so is this the end of Hanukkah? Is there a party or something? /jewnoob

22. dardar1126

Yep, 8 nights and we're over and out for Hanukkah 2013! :D

23. paskatefan

Many Jewish families have a Chanukah party during the holiday, but the observances for the holiday are relatively simple. We light the Chanukiah (Chanukah menorah - candlelabra) for 8 nights, sing the Hebrew/English blessings over the lighting of the candles, sing Chanukah songs, play the dreidl (a kind of top) game, eat potato latkes, soofganiyot (fried jelly donuts), exchange gifts. Some families exchange one gift for the whole family (my family's tradition). Others give the children gifts each night. There are communal actitivities that take place in synagogues during Chanukah - concerts with Chanukah music (I participated in one last night as a chorus member), dinners where the traditional holiday foods are served (latkes, in particular).

24. misskarne

Ooooh, thankyou!

(I like this one. Particularly all the food. ;))

25. dardar1126

26. paskatefan

Oh, boy, Oh, boy, Oh, boy! It's getting closer! :)

Just 2 days until Max & co. participate in the US Legends show! :encore:

27. dardar1126

28. dardar1126

Twitter:

Pic: http://www.nbcolympics.com/sites/nb...show_detail_860x485/public/max-aaron-usat.jpg

EDIT:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  29. dardar1126

Twitter: Phew, Max made it and is in NJ!! :D

EDIT:

EDIT2:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  30. misskarne

Rework of the free skate. Please no more Carmen. Unfortunately he's still with Lori Nichol.