Takahashi can restart the practice on the ice in the end of June if things go well

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Akira Andrea, May 30, 2011.

1. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea Well-Known Member

This is an article in "Kyodo News" in Japan.
    Translated from Japanese.
    Daisuke Takahashi can restart the practice on the ice in the end of June if things go well.
    May 29th, 2011 JST

In May 29th, the ex-Worlds Champion, Daisuke Takahashi clarified the prospect that he can restart the full-scale practice on the ice in the end of June if things go well, after participating as the guest to the forum of Sports Injury Basic Research Society which was held in Kyoto city.

Having the surgical operation to remove volts in May 19th, he left the hospital in May 29th. He is doing rehabilitation training with the pace of once per two days now and said "The size around the knee got slim but I feel good because there is nothing into the body and feel light although it may be my imagination". Doctor Kunio Hara who took charge of the surgical operation 3 years before guaranteed, saying "He recovered the condition before the injury".

The article
    Daisuke Takahashi can restart the practice on the ice in the end of June if things go well.
    http://www.47news.jp/CN/201105/CN2011052901000641.html

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  2. bibi24

bibi24 New Member

Thanks for your translation! Cheers!

3. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the translation that is great news. Look forward to seeing Dai next season.

4. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Fantastic news! It would be wonderful to see Takahashi at 100%. :)

5. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea Well-Known Member

This is an article in “Osaka Hochi Shimbun” in Japan.
    Translated from Japanese.
    In the rehabilitation training after the first surgical operation of right knee, I used to be late often.
    May 30th, 2011 JST

The photo
    Photography: By Osaka Hochi
    In the forum of sports injury, Daisuke Takahashi told about his experience of injury.
    http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/photo/20110530-221396-1-L.jpg

In May 29th, the ex-Worlds Champion Daisuke Takahashi participated as the guest to the forum of sports injury which was held in Kyoto city.
    In front of about 500 fans, he revealed the inside story of his come-back drama with the doctor etc.

3 years before, Takahashi lacerated the anterior cruciate ligament of the right knee by failing in the landing of the jump. He looked back those days, saying, "I had thought that it is not good to have a surgical operation in those days, but I decided to have surgical operation without anxiety because I was told that it becomes well with 120 % from the doctor". He confessed that, in the period of rehabilitation training after the first surgical operation, he used to be late often, oversleeping in the morning. He made the audience laugh, saying, "I wish that the person who suffered injury doesn't think seriously too much because even such me could recover".

Removing the bolts which had fixed the affected part in May 19th waiting for finishing the season, he left hospital just in May 27th. He said, “The right leg became slimmer. Removing the bolts, I felt be refreshed”. Restarting the practice on the ice in the end of June, he intends to participate to GP Series in “2011-2012” season. Moreover, he clarified the thought that he is going to continue from now on the charity ice show which he held in this April as the supporting of the restoration of the disaster place of the East Japan Big Earthquake.

The article
    In the rehabilitation training after the first surgical operation of right knee, I used to be late often.
    http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/osaka/sports/campus/news/20110530-OHO1T00044.htm

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  6. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the translation. Great news about Dai. Wishing him
    a successful rehab and I look forward to seeing him compete healthy
    next season.