SYTYCD Top 8 July 7/8

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Aceon6, Jul 7, 2010.

1. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

If Alex leaves the show, which in all likely-hood will, I have no idea who I'll want to win. Billy and Robert were my next in line but I don't know if I like anyone enough to want them to win like I did Alex. I guess Billy, but he's going to have to really step up soon.
  2. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Dominic and Ashley- Nappy Tabs hip hop ninjas.
    How Low- Ludacris (Love this song)

Ashley's costume was the worst ever on the show.

Nigel thinks she hit really hard and loved her performance. I kind of thought the opposite.
  3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

I can't tell you how many times my mother took me to NYC to see Cats when I was little. And no one called social services, not once.

That being said, I did enjoy Billy's piece.

I wonder what made Napoleon go on a steady cupcake diet in the summer.
    genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

((((((((((MLP))))))))) I would have called social services for you. If I had been born.

Mia. Hardcore is not an adverb. And it cannot be made into an adverb. Don't make me sad by trying to use it as one. We'll get you a thesaurus.
  5. my little pony

ouch
  6. Capella

Capella Guest

This Barbie thing is a hot mess. Punctuated by her totally missing that flip. Ouch! :scream:
  7. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Robert is compeletely unmemorable next to Kathryn. He should just let her dance and flip her over when she needs to be flipped.
  8. Theatregirl1122

That was pretty poorly executed. Watch the judges praise it.
  9. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Wow....I found that dance with Robert and Katherine to be....underwhelming.
  10. rjblue

Kathryn Robert- Sean Cheesman- Roisin Murphy song. They are supposed to be dolls. Fabulous costumes for the number. I love the little qualities to Robert's movement in this. My favourite of the night so far.

eta- Clearly I was looking away when the errors happened. I keep trying to put the song down before the number starts and I forget it.
  11. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Oh gods, Nigel "went online to find out why people don't like Robert....and people just make things up."

Asshat.
  12. Theatregirl1122

Oh dear god. Now Nigel is trying to fight with Message Boards? And his fantasy of what has happened on stage still doesn't match up with what did happen on stage.
  13. slicekw

slicekw Poster of Pet Vines

Robert seemed underrehearsed or lacking something.

He's in the bottom 3 because he somehow comes across not-real. Why can't the judges see that?
  14. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Judges doing their best to pimp Robert out of the bottom three. All of them praised the dance (and him) to the high heavens...no mention at all of the major mistake while flipping Kathryn :rolleyes: .
  15. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

I lurve Robert!!!!! :wuzrobbed
  16. Matryeshka

I want some of Paula, Mia, and Adam's stash so I can enjoy that number too. Robert looks like the Bob on the penis enhancement commercials. If he whistles, I'm going to personally take him out.

After I take some of their stash, I'm going to sign on to this message board and berate y'all for being meeee-aaaaann. And then I'll eat some Twinkies and watch Charlie the Unicorn and Alex and Twitch.
  17. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was so annoying. I don't have that big a problem with Robert mostly, but I was irritated when they showed a clip of him banging his chest before a dance and pulling faces. Yeah, not the biggest crime in the world, but I think a reason to be irritated with him.
    numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  18. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

:(:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed :fragile: :fragile: :fragile:
    x a million for Alex.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Theatregirl1122

I was talking about the lack of criticism for the messy dancing. I can see how I didn't make it clear what I was talking about though. I don't think Robert reads as arrogant at all. But then I've never given it much thought.
  20. Matryeshka

Are they trying to get Adechike into the bottom three instead of Robert? I kind of liked the "African" influence. :p

ETA: CAT! CAT! CAT! CAT! I love her for pointing out judging hyporcisy. She is really on tonight.
  21. Capella

Capella Guest

<3 Kat for calling the judges on their uneven criticism!
  22. Theatregirl1122

:rofl: That just made my night.
  23. mindy74

mindy74 Well-Known Member

I am in love with Cat Deeley.

This is utter rudeness!
  24. rjblue

Cat is a goddess. She said all to the judges that I wanted to. I really enjoyed that Adechike threw himself into that.
  25. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I understand what they are saying about his body movement being looser and lacking enough of the "snap" required for Bollywood, but Nigel and Mia were just freaking obnoxious with what they said.

:respec: to Cat for calling them out on it.
  26. Theatregirl1122

I think it might be nicer to Alex if they would stop mentioning him. He looks like this is very hard for him. Which I'm sure it is.

Nigel once again randomly accuses a competitor of taking criticism poorly despite no evidence to suggest that.
  27. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Whatever, judges. Adechike was great. His body! Is sickkkk. :swoon: I want to have that body. But yes, that would have been enhanced with Alex, surely. :(
  28. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

:eek: Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I agree with you about the dancing though. His lines don't look clean to me (although I'm no expert) and I do agree with the suggestion someone made either here on on the show that he needs ballet lessons.

Love Cat sticking up for Adechike! Mia's comment about missing Alex was pretty assy. Adechike took the comments with a lot of class, I really hope he outlasts Jose.
  29. Matryeshka

The "I miss Alex so hard right now" comment was klassless. I am missing Mary Murphy so hard right now.
  30. mindy74

mindy74 Well-Known Member

ITA. Mia was a total jerk. "I really miss Alex right now". Way to twist the knife!

I'm sick of the ass-kissing Jose gets every damn week because of his "heart." Judge the f*cking dancing...Jose's Bollywood sucked majorly and all he got was smiles and the judges telling him how wonderful he is.
  31. my little pony

based on the judges comments, you would think that Adechike stabbed Alex in the achilles tendon
  32. my little pony

I dont dislike Jose but why does he get the Make A Wish Foundation edit?

lol my grandmother is pissed off at Mia, she just called to say that Mia moves like a buffalo and hates black people
    genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  33. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 New Member

I'm so sick of the judges and their arbitrary comments. Half the time they go on and on into self indulgent ramblings, the other half, they are throwing out random comments based on "drama" and "script". Not that I ALWAYS agreed with the judging, but the past couple of seasons, especially this one, they have been throwing contestants under the bus. It makes the show so unwatchable to me. :rolleyes:
    numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  34. rjblue

Yes. Adechike's facial expression was totally attentive and respectful.

Robert doesn't appear arrogant to me, just much less mature than his appearance would lead me to expect.
  35. Theatregirl1122

Travis has decided to play hard on the young cuteness of these two.
  36. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

MLP, Because he's the untrained dancer of the season

Granted the comment was rude to Adechike, haven't the last 6 pages been filled with "I Miss Alex' comments?
  37. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Word. Because having "heart" excuse sloppy dancing?

Adechike was having a blast with that piece. Yes, it lacked crispness, but it was still awesome and the "I'm missing Alex so hard right now" comment needs to shoved up Mia's ass.

Right now there are two people rolling around on the floor to whiny music.
  38. Theatregirl1122

I'm going to chose to believe that you are in fact capable of understanding the difference between saying it on a message board and saying it to Adechike's face immediately after criticizing his dancing.
  39. rjblue

Kent and Lauren dancing to Travis Walls's choreo. Cute prom piece. Collide- Howie Day

Lauren was outstanding in that. The floor flailing part of the choreo was actually kind of cool.
  40. my little pony

I'm planning on getting an I Miss Alex tattoo but that doesnt mean that I cant judge Adechike in a constructive and respectful manner.
    uyeahu, KikiSashaFan, slicekw and 5 others like this.