SYTYCD - Season Seven, Auditions!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Cyn, May 28, 2010.

1. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

My TV Guide says: The seventh season begins with the first two rounds of auditions.

Words cannot express how excited I am that we will not be subjected to Mary Murphy's OTT obnoxious shrieking and screaming.

I mentioned this last year, but my mom watched one episode of this and refused to continue because of MM's antics. Her best snark about it was, "My god, can you imagine what that woman is like in the throes of an orgasm?" :yikes: :rofl:

2. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Stand By Me Blondie chick bears a striking resemblance to Melissa Sue Anderson from Little House on the Prairie :lol: .

Good lord but Mia Michaels has seriously butched up. That white crew cut is doing her no favors - Annie Lennox can pull that look off, but Mia? Um, no.

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

where is Mary? she may be annoying but sometimes the other judges dont respect the ballroom dancers enough

4. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Latin couple look like Fin and ChaCha DiGregorio :lol:

Decent dancing, but they don't come even close to Pasha and Anya. They were rather sloppy in parts, and her turns were off center.

5. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Mary isn't judging this season (at least that's what I remember reading).....she's been replaced by Earth Mother and her ego.

ETA: MLP, are you and I the only ones watching? :lol: If so, I'll do my best to try and keep up with your amazing snark.

6. my little pony

that leo on Cha Cha gave amazing cleavage, I wish she would blog where she got it

7. my little pony

did Mary quit or did they replace her with Miss Organic Queen of the Floor Rollers? or is she going to be doing choreo now?

8. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Great way to start the season with two good auditions - minus the tasteless Tiger Woods joke though. Poor editing to leave that in. It made Nigel look rude.

Cyn and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

The outfit, or the bolt-ons? ;)

Not a fan of the leg ankle warmers for Latin Ballroom - it totally destroys legline and detracts from the footwork. Of course, that might have been their intent :shuffle: .

10. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

I believe Mary is going to do choreo this year.

11. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:shuffle:

i like mia....

12. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

If nothing else, Nigel is consistent :blah: .

Wheeeeeee!! Dead or Alive :rofl: :respec: Takes me back to my days of clubbing back in 1985.

Too bad this tool's dancing is DOA, and not in the musical sense. Sigh....I thought we were going to be spared of idiotic dancing fcukery. I guess not :wall:

13. my little pony

didnt Ben Stiller play 123 Party in a movie once?

14. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I don't remember this blah blondie pup from last season...but that outfit from last year was :scream: .

Oh Joy. Too much flailing, even for contemporary. He looks more like he has ants in his pants than the joy of dancing.

Mia: You remind me of the unpopular kid, and that's the most brilliant part of your dancing. It's genius.

Shankman was nearly in tears.

Me: WTF? C'mon....it didn't suck, but it wasn't *that* impressive.

15. sodapop

sodapop New Member

Giselle Peacock is amazing. I saw her in Burn the Floor with Pasha and Anya, and Nigel was right, in many ways she steals the show. The main two dancers (in this cast, Anya and Pasha) come out from time to time but the supporting cast is on stage most of the time and your eyes are drawn to her. She just has so much energy.

She also tried out in season one when she was married to Artem but she didn't make it to Las Vegas.

16. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

Can someone tell me what the deal was with Teddy's dance? I caught it as it was going on so I'm lost...

17. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Shirtless Daniel Baker....that was one seriously amazing leap in the clip we saw :eek: .

18. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

Daniel Baker looks AMAZING. I am curious to see more of him!

19. my little pony

it's impotant that we never agree so we have a shot at being "The New Odd Couple"

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Oh lord, I was at a wedding not long ago, and if that wasn't the guy who was making an ass on the dance floor that night, he has to be a relative.

21. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

WTF? Did The Cat in the Hat and Beetlejuice have a love child? :rofl:

Quirk Factor and Funk Factor about sums it up....

22. my little pony

if Toni Basil were here, she would tell Cat in the Juice that he is STREET

23. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:rofl:

Courtney G. and Jason teaching the Choreography round....

Oy, none of those "possibles" survived. Was that a club remix of Bad Romance? The tempo was much faster and there were added percussion tracks to it. I like the original version a lot more.

24. rjblue

"I'm not the only fruit here." :)

25. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

The guy in the red shirt... Edward Spots... BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL fuetes. I love it.

26. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

With all these contemporary dancers being shown, I'm predicting Multiple Miagasms before the end of the show.

I'm not usually one to comment on butts, but this guy in the maroon shirt and black booty shorts has an amazing tush

Does anyone know if Billy Bob ( whatever that guy's name from last season who had to drop out due to illness) is going to be back this season?

27. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

I can't get over Edward (maroon shirt and black booty shorts). His fuetes are flawless. His technique is flawless. Strong legs, he points his toes all the way from the top of his legs. And the fuetes are effortless. As a dancer, when I danced I was unable to do fuetes. I've only done them once. They are soo hard for me! His, however, are just amazing... straight upper body... i love it.

28. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I feel your pain - back when I danced (in the Dark Ages :eek: ), fouett├ęs gave me fits - if I could get three off without going off-axis and falling out, I was ecstatic. Edward's were fantastic.

29. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Wow!! I didn't catch her name, but the heavyset gal was great. Mia and Adam reduced to blubbering.

Hopefully she'll get through the Choreography round as I'd like to see more from her.

ETA: Booooo, she was cut.

Sweet Jesus, was that chick trying to replace Mary Murphy with all that screaming? And....."Dad, did you hear me?!" Fcuk, I think the entire Northern Hemisphere heard her :scream: .

30. rjblue

Google is my friend. I didn't know what that was called, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone with such an incredible line to his legs.

His arms bugged me a tiny bit though.