SYTYCD Audition rounds (starts 5/26)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Aceon6, May 26, 2011.

1. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Two hours tonight with two audition cities.
    Trandrew has another of the Top 30 spoiled. Go here if you want to know.

Don't forget, Mary is back. Keep your finger on the mute button!

2. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

woohoo :D This is the one show that I actually don't mind watching the auditions. Sure, they have clunkers who audition, but the variety of dancing is usually enough to keep me interested.

3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

whee, I can't wait! and I lurve Mary :cheer2:

4. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Do you know if the girl with strange hair will be back this year ? I loved her last year :)

And what about Alex wong ?

5. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I'm guessing "strange hair girl" might be the choreographer Sonya Tayeh. I see no reason why they would exclude her work this season, unless she's really busy. Maybe someone more connected in the contemporary world knows.

Alex Wong was not in Vegas. There's some speculation that he might be on the show as a guest All Star.

6. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I skipped a couple of seasons (needed a break from Nigel), but I'm back and excited :cheer:

7. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Around audition time, I saw an interview with Alex that said he felt about 85% back. So he wouldn't have been ready for the grueling competition schedule under his technical standards. It would make sense for him to give up the idea and be an All Star or to wait and do it again next summer.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. genevieve

I would love Alex to be an All-Star at a later date, not in the competition again. he was fantastic and it's unfortunate what happened, but I want to have all new people competing this season

9. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Hmm not me. I'd love to see Alex compete again. If there are dancers better than him, then they'll rise to the occasion, but he deserves another shot IMO.

10. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

You picked a good couple of seasons to miss :p

I'm so excited about tonight! LOVE having the DWTS finale and SYTYCD premier in the same week! :cheer2:

rjblue and (deleted member) like this.
  11. genevieve

why? He already got a 2nd opportunity.

12. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Agree with you. Even though I love Alex, 3 times makes it more the Alex show than SYTYCD.

13. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Ah, didn't realize he had already had 2 chances. I only remembered last season.

ETA: NM I remember there was some contractual conflict before wasn't there?

Also I'm all in favor of an Alex show :D (not on SYTYCD, but a show of his own :p)

14. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

I'd rather think that strange hair girl was the girl who had the ball of hair on top of her head, and then was asked to let it down.

15. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Alex reportedly was at the "up-fronts" for SYTYCD, so hopefully we'll see him as an all-star later in the season.

16. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Will the discussions of this show be like Beetlejuice where if you say a poster's name three times it'll appear?

Matryeshka and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I would much rather see Alex as a contestant again because as an all-star he would be pigeonholed into doing just his own style. We would never get to see a performance like the hip hop with Twitch. We wuzrobbed of seeing him do any Latin or ballroom yet.

I LOVED having Allison back last year but it was a shame we did not get to see her doing other styles. She had picked up ballroom pretty well in her season already and then I read she actually toured with one of Louis van Amstel's shows. I don't want to miss out on that sort of thing with Alex because he strikes me as very versatile.

18. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I selfishly would love to see Alex dance in a variety of styles and the more I saw him, the better. But that was a very serious injury, and the competition can be grueling - I'd also like him not to take any chances that might hinder a full recovery.

19. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:rofl:

You are :EVILLE:

;)

genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

It's ONNNNNNNNNN!

21. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Oh Cat, Brooke Burke has made me love you even more!

22. Matryeshka

They look like dolls, and he is so much better than her. Hope he auditions next year when he's old enough to compete.

23. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

I'm so excited I started a new and completely unnecessary new thread.

Oh well. I can repeat it. I love Cat Deely, and the opening music just made me so happy.

Matryeshka and (deleted member) like this.
  24. rfisher

I'm innoteknic, but surely girl rolling on floor won't go through???

I guess I'm wrong since Nigel likes her?????

25. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I thought she was beautiful.

26. rfisher

I don't get the floor rolling. :shuffle:

27. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

It's a required element nowadays, unfortunately, due to folks like Mia. I loved Melanie's control. She could be a force.

28. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I really, really, really hope this season isn't another So You Think You're The Best Contemporary Dancer.

That said, Marietta Girl's lines and control were :eek: .

Oh, and the best part of the show so far? Atlanta auditions were held at the :respec: Fabulous Fox Theatre in downtown.

The worst part? The constant reference to Atlanta as "The A-T-L." :rolleyes: :blah: :mad: Bleah.

29. Matryeshka

Melanie looks like Gennfier Goodwyn, and Gennifer Goodwyn annoys the crap out of me, so I can't be fair. However, when I pinched my fingers so I couldn't see her face, I thought her feet and legs were quite beautiful.

I have a Daquirita, which is a margarita-flavored daquiri. I'm trying to decide if I should drink it now, or save it for when they have the contortionists.

Love their red boots. They need to bake a little bit more, IMO. Maybe in a couple of years their dance ability will match their performance ability. Not bad, but not the best hip hop dancing by far.

30. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I wasn't entertained, Nigel. I don't understand them.