SYTYCD 5 boys and a girl 7/21-22

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Aceon6, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Here's tonight's thread. Post spoilers as you find them.

2. Capella

Capella Guest

Assuming nobody is out with an injury, do you think at the end of the opening introduction Cat will say "these are your boys...and this is your girl. Welcome...to SYTYCD!"

3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Wonder if Lauren will be allowed to bust a move since she'll be strutting out there solo :lol:

4. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

They will just do what they did last week. Nothing was said after Kent was introduced.

5. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

SYTYCD Survivor Edition Continues:

Billy Bell has suffered a knee injury and will not be dancing this week.

Dmitry choreographing Samba and Paso Doble

Robert & All Star Lauren- Broadway- Tyce
    Jose & Allison- Contemporary with Sonya

So I guess we know who is going home this week. SIGH! :( :( :(

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  6. flyingsit

flyingsit Well-Known Member

Ugh, Tyce Broadway. No more! And if Billy has to leave because of the injury, I just may be finished with this season.

7. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Are you kidding me?

8. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

This season seems to be cursed! :fragile:

9. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

I'm beginning to think Tanya Harding's ex husband is on the production staff

Allen and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

what in the WORLD is with this season? :(

if that is the case, then I guess I'm down to not caring who wins.

11. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I think I might end up rooting for Lauren, which I never ever thought would happen.

12. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

I'm in shock.

13. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed: :wuzrobbed:

wth???

14. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

I guess I'll be rooting for Kent or Lauren now

15. Glide2

Glide2 Member

Is this a joke?

16. Rhianna

Rhianna ...Her?

Have things changed behind the scenes with their training or the time schedule for how long they have to learn a dance? I'm getting concerned over the amount of injuries this season is having.

17. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Something's going on. Either the contestants are pushing too hard to match the All Stars, or they're rehearsing in a space with a bad floor. As for the girls, all the injuries so far are likely caused by bad lifts.

eta, if Nigel wanted to prove that dancers are athletes, he can just prepare a short with this season's outtakes.

18. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

They have 2 extra days of rehearsal time. Shows used to be taped on Monday and aired Wednesday, but now the performance show is taped and aired the same day, I believe it's actually live to the East Coast. I believe most of the injuries have been occurring at some point during these two extra days.

It does appear they are also in a new rehearsal space this season, so it could be a combination of both.

19. LadyGray

LadyGray New Member

I think some of the dancers are being pushed too hard in genres that are not their own. Didn't Louis say he had choreographed competition-level dances last week (or whatever week he was choreographing the ballroom numbers)? It doesn't make sense to give them such high level choreography when they are struggling just to learn the style in the short time they have.

20. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

That makes perfect sense. With the two extra days, they get the choreo down and are dancing full out for more reps than was previously possible.

21. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

And these rehearsals, even the ones leading up to dress rehearsal and taping, are probably not "Okay, lets mark through the choreography, run it once or twice and we'll be done" rehearsals. I'd venture to say the pressure to dance full out, 110% the entire time, even in a rehearsal that's only an hour long, can be exhausting, doing that 4, 5, 6 days a week, and well, this is what happens. I seriously doubt the dancers are marking anything in rehearsals at all.

I'd venture to say that, for the most part, these rehearsals are probably more intense than most professional or pre-professional or studio companies out there.

And it's not just contestants getting injured either, we've had All Star casualties as well.

I'd also be interested to know what kind of warm ups, if any, are given in these rehearsals, or if the dancers are responsible for warming themselves up prior to rehearsal. If they are responsible for warming themselves up, I'll bet some are going into rehearsals cold or virtually cold, at some points, and that could account for injuries as well.

22. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

Triple dammit!

23. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

No Billy. Gah.

Go Lauren? Or Adechike?

Sigh.

24. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Good news, Billy's not completely out.

25. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

What's the official word on Billy?

26. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

for anyone who ever wondered what a reality show produced by Agatha Christie would look like, here you are

27. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

What does this mean? Can you East Coasters please enlighten the rest of us. Billy could be dancing next week?

28. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Nigel said he was cleared "if" he felt he could do it but Billy knows his own body, etc... If he survives tomorrow's cut, he'll dance next week.

29. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

The doctors cleared Billy -- he could dance if he felt up to it. He did not.

30. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I hope they don't hold that against him. I guess it depends on who else ends up in the bottom tomorrow. If Adechike isn't in the bottom, I think Billy may be toast.