Switched at Birth, anyone watching?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by judiz, Aug 8, 2011.

1. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Does anyone else watch Switched at Birth on ABC Family?
  2. Lynn226

Lynn226 Well-Known Member

I do. I'm enjoying the series. There's a new wrench in the wheel every week without it becoming too soap operish.
  3. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

Looking but it's an ABC show, so it's gonna be canceled at one point or another, without any closure, as usual with their shows !
  4. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

It got picked up for 22 episodes and is returning in January. So it must be doing well for them.

I've watched the whole series this summer. I've enjoyed it. It's fluffy stuff, but enjoyable. I like it more than Make it or Break It. It's always startling to be doing something while it's on and hear a long stretch of silence (or scene music). It forces me to look up and see the sub titles for the parts that are signed between the deaf characters.

Emmitt is a cutie-pie :) I have to admit this 40 y/o was charmed by his "talking" to Bay at the end of the episode. I would have melted at that moment too.

I wonder if Kathryn is going to co-sign the loan for Regina to start her own salon. The set-up was right there of course. I like it when the 2 moms interact.

Tired of Baseball Dad. They need to give him a real storyline (other than suing people and playing sports).
  5. Hannahclear

Hannahclear Well-Known Member

:shuffle: Of course not!

Secret Life has been around for awhile and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I don't know if MIOBI got renewed again or not. Haven't seen anything.
  6. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Today's paper said no decision yet on MIOBI
  7. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

The nasty girl from MIOBI was in an ABC Family movie on Sunday about a mean high school snob who dies and comes back as a spirit to help the "good but plain and unpopular girl" get her dreams. I'm sort of embarrassed to admit how much I enjoyed it. :shuffle:
  8. Hannahclear

Hannahclear Well-Known Member

ooh what was it called? I can probably watch it for free on hulu or the abc family site. Um I mean my friend can watch it. :shuffle:
  9. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

It was called Teen Spirit and this 40 something really enjoyed it.
  10. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I like Emmitt with Bay better than with Daphne so I was glad that he went after Bay. And he was adorable. The Kenish (sp?) parents piss me off most of the time, though. They are so ridiculously entitled.
  11. venja

venja New Member

The silent argument between Emmitt and Daphne was amazing; I've grown to appreciate non-verbal cues such as facial expression and body language (of course the captioning helps). Heck, the interaction between Bay and Emmitt was great as well - ITA that these two are better together than if Emmitt were to be with Daphne. Of course, TPB will most likely end up pairing Emmitt and Daphne at some point.