Survivor Philippines (Season 25)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Aug 20, 2012.

1. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Amanda!! Cirie!!

2. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Amanda and Cirie have already played 3 times. I think that should be the limit, no matter how awesome you are (and I luuurve Cirie)

3. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Penner had this to say on Twitter about outing Lisa at the final tribal council:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  4. genevieve

Ha! I was surprised that Penner wouldn't have just come clean to the others while they were all at Ponderosa.

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

penner's acting credits are more recent than lisa's, he has an oscar nom and he's related to george costanza by marriage. i wonder how much of that was disclosed to the rest of the tribe. i dont think lisa cared. considering hardly anyone recognized her, i dont think it was that big of a deal. knowing jeff was a professional athlete probably would have been more interesting to them. but penner came off as a hypocrite.

6. genevieve

Penner's acting history is well known, though, since he's already been on the show twice. Anyone who'd watched the show before should have known.

7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i cant watch amanda tank one more tribal

genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

What an ass.

This does not surprise me at all. They were probably hoping for a big reveal all season, and when they didn't get it, they went to their alumni/Hollywood guy to do the job for them.

Call me a konspirist, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa knew it was going to happen.

9. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I think Jeff's hate of women winners goes all the way back to season 2 when Tina beat his beloved Colby and its all been downhill from there!

10. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

I'd like to see a second-chance season for people who were voted out first.

11. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

Not if that means putting up with Wanda's singing

12. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

:eek: Um, no.

13. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I don't really need to see people again who had no impact the first time, and other than the ones who didn't even get to play the year they did the schoolyard pick, I don't see any reason why they should get a second chance.

I can get excited about returnees when they are interesting players, but for the most part this crew for next season are not interesting to me, and I'd much rather have a completely new cast - provided they are fans of the game and there to play, and play hard. No models, actors or wishy washy people who have never seen the show (which in fairness has not been much of a problem in recent seasons - it's a huge problem on BB as they keep casting "types" who have never seen the show before).

I don't mind celebrities as I think it adds an interesting spin - but like Jeff and Lisa, and Jimmy Johnson a few seasons ago, they need to also be real fans of the game who are there to play, not further their careers. Would mind some winners from international seasons.

My big thing that I've said a million times but will say again in the hopes that one day it might actually happen, is to cast people with an assortment of special skills - game advantages if you will, and see who comes out on top. I'm thinking a triathlete, a Navy Seal, a champion puzzler, a many times elected politician, a con artist, a fortune teller, a courtroom lawyer, a high powered PR exec, a successful coach (I know this has been done several times, but it fits here), a parkour expert, a survival expert, a top end networker/social butterfly, etc etc.

14. genevieve

NO PHARMACEUTICAL REPS!!! :p

It should be noted that one of the most most cult-favorite players of Survivor is Courtney Yates, who had never seen the show, knew nothing about it, and was largely unimpressed by the game :lol:

15. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

I also think that Yul (still my all-time favourite player) was not a big fan or a watcher of the show. I'm actually OK with having a mix of people who have and people who haven't seen the show before because sometimes the people who haven't seen the show can add a new perspective or a breath of fresh air. But I don't like it when it's (a) almost all newbies and people unfamiliar with the show and/or (b) Heavily weighted towards models/actors that are clearly just there to help their career out. I could live with a small percentage being non-fans and mactors, but it's a bit ridiculous when it's over half the show. It's also a bit ridiculous when the season is being billed as fans vs. faves and the "fans" are clearly not really fans (especially since the "faves" part is also questionable). I seem to recall on the previous FvF season that was the case for at least some of the so-called fans.

16. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

What a shame that after this outstanding season we get stuck with anothe season of fans vs. favorites. And the list of faves is ridiculously lame. Maybe one or two of them I'd like to see again, but on the whole, no way.

What I'd like to see in two seasons is another Heroes vs. Villians That is, as long as it's a Hantz free zone!

17. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Also, if Fan vs Favorite was filmed before September,

Then nobody on the cast have seen Malcolm played. How is he a favorite to any of these 'fans'... nobody know who he is! At least with Russell they saw some of what went down in his season

18. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Put in spoiler tags so no one who doesn't want to know what's up checks out the above out of curiosity.
    I'm pretty sure that Heroes vs. Villians was filmed before any of Samoa aired, so they wouldn't have seen or known any of his tactics, which is why the second time they worked once again. I read that Russell (while believing that he had won), told the group that he lost to a "dumb" blonde, aka Natalie, which in the end, turned out to be true. The first player to do back-to-back seasons (Rupert) had part of his season aired before All Stars was filmed, so the cast got to see a few episodes of what he brought to the table.

19. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Yeah but
    Russell's second season was Hero vs. Villains so going by that premise as long as Russell is still treacherous then it fits the theme. For the upcoming season it's another Fan vs. Favorite, but no one on the cast would even have an opinion on Malcolm let alone calling him a favorite. I know I'm nitpicking though, and they could say Malcolm is a TV fan favorite.