Survivor Philippines (Season 25)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Aug 20, 2012.

1. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I do think RC needs to get over it - although keep in mind that she had been at Ponderosa for 15 days at that point, with only disgruntled Jeff and then the guys from her former alliance who've been really rude to her. Until Penner showed up, she was still feeling ostracized, although without the need to suck up. When she blew up at Abi, it was on Abi's 3rd day at Ponderosa, Abi asked again if RC was ever going to forgive her, and RC started off with "I have asked you not to talk to me, and you keep at me. You never stop talking. You don't ever SHUT UP". In essence, I don't think Ponderosa has allowed her much ability to let things go.

And I'm guessing Abi will be getting a LOT of airtime at the reunion, and her spat with RC was a big part of her presence this season, so RC might get to say TWO things :D

2. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I don't think the edit is saying Malcolm can't win - he's getting a hero's edit, not dissimilar to whatsherface last season, or Boston Rob in the season he finally won. As for the jury, he hasn't pissed any of them off from what I can tell - even Abi, who he's been nice to (and of course she hasn't seen his confessionals). Remember he also bonded with all the younger players on that one reward - I wouldn't underestimate that, especially given Denise's unwanted advice/criticism to Abi, which may rub some of the other younger players the wrong way, whether they sided with Abi or not. And of course he's won a ton of challenge, and despite threats to his safety, managed to hang onto his HII for most of the game rather than using it to save himself.

Edit or not, I'm not seeing Skupin win. He might get a vote from Penner depending on who he's up against, but I don't think even Lisa's vote is guaranteed for him. She might want to vote for someone she thinks will benefit from the money, but she's too big a fan of the game not to give her vote to the person she thinks was the best player. Skupin's played an even game, but in the process apparently annoyed a few of the jury (4 and potentially 5 counting Lisa of his former tribe, who in the early days were ready to get rid of him had they not won all the challenges, and are likely now bitter that of all of them, he's the one that outlasted them), plus some of the jury might still harbour anti-returnee feelings.

Denise has ticked off Abi and her posse, and I think Carter would be loathe to vote for her either. For that matter she hasn't really given RC a reason to vote for her, unless she's all about strong women, and I don't think she is. She also hasn't won anything lately, and some might think she rode Malcolm's coattails as he was the one winning the challenges plus had the idol the whole time.

Lisa has a shot because she's a nice person and she's played hard, and I think her jury performance will be good, unless anyone is bruised by her many changes in alliances and priorities. She hasn't won challenges though, and while she has attempted some big moves, she hasn't successfully turned the game around in any way. She can argue that she knew she wouldn't win challenges, so her strategy was to be a good team player then to remain fluid to changes in the game. Can't see someone like Jeff or hard core strategists like Pete and Abi going for that though. Depending on who is with Penner on the jury, we know that at least Denise and Skupin know that she was a successful tv star - whether or not they know that she is not wealthy, they might not think she "needs" the money, accolades, etc.

At this point, unless the other three turn on Malcolm and vote him out, I think he's a slam dunk for the win.

Do we know yet if it's an F3 or F2? If it's F2 then Malcolm better win those challenges - if they mistakenly don't get rid of him at F4, they will surely want him out at F3.

3. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

All of you are idiots and morons if you don't acknowledge and respect Abi's directness and honesty.

mmmmm....is that Axe body spray I'm-a smellin'???

4. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Peter, Peter, Peter. There's being honest and then there's brutally honest with a uppercut to the chin and the latter is Abi. That is one young woman who comes across as being entitled -- as entitled to everything good and everyone else is stupid for not bowing down to her superiority. Doesn't hurt that Jeff let's her go on and on and on, then calls her out on it. HAHAHA.

5. genevieve

PeterG's post was pretty clearly sarcastic, since he used the same words Abi was using in TC.

6. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

If she was a figure skater, would she be an entitlement skater?? :yikes: :scream:

:D

7. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

PeterG posted a sarcastic post??!!?? Say it isn't so. :drama:

8. genevieve

well, some of them are subtle to the point of being unrecognizable, but that one was pretty open :p

9. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Yes. As of now, she's an entitlement player.

10. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

She is such a snarkmeister.

11. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

And I got that and I was replying in the same kind of vein -- being silly about it which is why I ended with HAHAHA. Guess I should have tried finishing with one of :p or maybe :lol: Sometimes my written word just doesn't reflect the grin on my face when I'm typing something. I get the feeling Peter caught my drift when he came back with the question of whether or not she'd be an entitlement skater.

And Peter, I think she *would* be an entitlement skater. :D

12. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

They filmed the 2 seasons back to back - so the folks on next season have not seen anything of this current season??
    I remember with Russell Hantz - when he played back to back, they knew him, just not the whole season/outcome.

13. Ares

Ares Guest

It never hurts to point out to a potentially bitter jury who betrayed who, especially when said person is gushing about her support for the tribe she helped destroy. Lisa forced Denise into a back peddling position, and when Denise just sat there and took it, Lisa looked strong and Denise look submissive. Good for Lisa for making that move but I would have liked to see Denise spin it to get back in the driver's seat.

I agree, Lisa contributed all she could. IMO it would have been a good move for Denise to make Lisa out to be a weak player as much as she could though, especially to a jury who seem very receptive to the idea that they are power players who got sidelined by a lesser player.

I think Lisa is playing a great game, however, I want Denise to win. :p

14. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Meh, Lisa hasn't impressed me all that much. But of course, the other players haven't seen her confessionals at the time. She has been so wishy washy, and so :drama: at times about what to do, what to do, it's annoyed me. And I think she has been terrible at any challenges that were remotely physical. At least she participated, unlike Abi early on, but she wasn't very good at any of them as far as I can remember.

So glad to see Abi go! She won't change from this experience, which is too bad. I am so happy to have her basically off my TV.

What was Skupin dancing to when they were leaving TC? I can't remember now if we heard any singing, but the first thing that had popped into my head was the Wizard of Ox song, Ding dong, the witch is dead! :lol:

15. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Yes Skupin was doing a happy dance!
    The contrast over age/maturity
    Malcolm is 24
    Abi is 32

16. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I still can't believe Malcolm is younger than Abi. She behaves like a 4 year old kid.
    I still think that considering the edit, he can't win and that's a shame because he's a very good player. :(

I fear Denise won't win because that Ab*tch :rolleyes: will turn the jury against Denise :scream: If that's so, I hope Lisa wins it. She may not be a very good player, her blunt ways are .... :eek: to say the least and I liked what she said at different times considering her game play. She plays hard, she tells too much :rofl: for her own good, but she was very lucky it didn't backfire on her. Anyway, I am still rooting for Denise !!! :hat1:

17. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

Well, she was able to keep Denise pinned down during that one challenge - the one where Tandang finally conceded in exchange for rice.

18. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised if noone sees fit to mention at the final (always supposing Lisa is there) that she was a child TV star. Doesn't Jeff (the ball player) know who she is? Would he keep that info to himself? If Malcolm doesn't win then I'd like him to win that 100 grand special prize. I think he has earned it.

19. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Prancer posted upthread that several players tweeted that they didn't know who Lisa was until the first episode aired.

For the $100k prize, I think any of our top 4 have a good shot at it. Lisa may be famous, but she's turned out to be a nice person whose had a rough time, so could get the sympathy - her faith might also get her a few votes. Skupin would seem to me to fall into the Rupert category - beloved by older fans who remember him from the past. Denise and Malcolm may very well split the vote.

If I had to put money on it though, I'd go with Malcolm - great player, cute and appealing, nice guy, could likely really use the money.

20. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Just thinking that Penner could get a few votes too as fans were supporting him and felt back he didn't go further. Hopefully Jeff gives us the "runners up" as he sometimes does as it's always interesting to see who did well with the audience (doesn't always match what we think here!).

21. genevieve

I hope Penner gets the $100K.

22. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

If Lisa wins, will Tootie be on next season? Will this show become a path to revitalize your career?

smurfy and (deleted member) like this.
  23. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I know you're joking, but this isn't a case of stunt casting. She apparently applied, having been a long time Survivor fan. Sure, she's got some added benefits, but I bet there have been many, many more celebrities/athletes who have applied in the hopes of getting some air time and building their careers without making it through to the show.

The being said, I'm certain this isn't the last we've heard of Lisa. She's already guest-hosted a couple of times on a daytime talk show, and it would not surprise me at all if she's getting sitcom offers now for next season. Bet she shows up as a guest on something before this season's out to test the waters.

24. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. Meh, I am still not rooting for her to win.

25. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

26. genevieve

certainly looks like him

27. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I usually prefer guys with shorter hair - but I love Malcolm with longer hair - if that picture is him.

28. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Just watched last week's episode in preparation for tonight.

I think Malcolm is going to wish he had sealed Denise's trust by giving her the idol so she KNEW she wasn't going home. He's first up to get knocked out the second he doesn't win immunity, and he could use having Denise absolutely loyal to him.

Frankly, when you look at the four that are left and how it's a 2-2 tie, Malcom/Denise are already at a disadvantage just because Malcolm is such a threat. IF they were serious about sticking together (we know Malcolm isn't, but still), it would have served them well to off Skupin or Lisa before their numbers became even. Anyhow.

Looking forward to seeing their reaction to it being a F2. (It IS a F2, right? No other reason for the final episode to be the final four; it's usually a final five so you get three tribal councils, plus the jury is uneven).

29. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Agree with you there. And that he had a stupid reason for not giving it to her. Because really it was not a sure thing that Lisa/Michael would not have gone with Abbie to vote out Denise, unless there was much more conversation we did not see. I was prepared for a Denise blindside once Malcolm didn't give her the idol. Now I don't want him to win because he didn't give it to her. :lol:

30. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Is 60 minutes running over for you? I don't have survivor yet.