Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by victorskid, Feb 11, 2010.

1. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Well, the annoying, crying Sugar is gone!!

2. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Finally - they didn't vote off the strongest players, they voted off the crier. However, Sugar :kickass: in the 1st challenge! I was giggling at her going "um, no top, no problem".

:yikes: @ the shoulder for Steph. That's one tough woman!

Coach and Jerri with the showmance? Ick. Hope there's lots of room for ego on that beach. :p

3. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

As usual, Survivor doesn't disappoint.

The first challenge was absolutely brutal.

Boston Rob isn't my favorite, but thank Jesus that someone learned how to make fire without flint. In 20 seasons, it's about damn time!!!

Coach and his idol worship of Rob is disgusting.

I hate to admit it, but I was rooting for the villains in the immunity challenge. That was a hell of a comeback.

I started to have a panic attack when they Tom mentioned voting off Cirie. I definitely didn't want her to go first. I would have gotten rid of Rupert. This is her 3rd time playing and he couldn't build a fire with flint? And he broke his toe? Come on!

I won't miss Sugar at all. I can't wait to see Randy's response to that!!!

Gotta love Tyson. He's never at a loss for words!

The previews for next week are scary. I hope Rob was okay. I don't want him to win, but I don't want him to go out like that.

4. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned, Colby can play every season... :swoon:

5. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

<<Wondering if Rupert smuggled the chickens in with his beard? :shuffle:

6. Verbalgirl77

Verbalgirl77 is silently judging you

That promo...Save Rob! :drama:

7. Erica Lee

Erica Lee New Member

I haven't watched for years either but had it on tonight and enjoyed it a lot, so I might be "back" this season.

The preview looked freaky. Not good! I hope it was editing/drama and it ends up being nothing. Rob is good for a lot of entertainment.

The chickens tonight, my goodness! That was brilliant.

8. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

J.T. = future Mr. Habs. ;)

I yelled out loud when they put Stephenie's shoulder back in. Ouch... I'm not a fan but that girl has guts!

9. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Great show, great showing.

10. Ares

Ares Guest

I love Stephenie. Always have, always will. :cheer:

Didn't recognize Danielle and only slightly remember Candice. All I can remember about Candice is some dude on her season thought they were deeply in love when they hardly knew eachother. I didn't think she made it that far to be considered an All Star though.

Colby's denial of Sugar's advances had me cracking up. Man needs his sleep.

11. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

But she is definitely the first and foremost Villain of the whole series. and I actually don't mind Jerri that much; I think she's mellowed with age and accepts her role with humor.

Then Probst is an idiot.

Agreed. I wouldn't put Stephenie on the Heroes side, for instance. Or Amanda or James for that matter - the last two I wouldn't call villains either but I think they were shoe-horned onto the Heroes tribe as an excuse to get them on the show a third time. I wouldn't call Candice a Hero, and I can't remember anything about Danielle so I have no idea why she's considered a Villain.

Glad Sugar got the boot - she is annoying and a poor player, but most importantly it kept the other people I like from getting targeted! Gotta love Tom - he's completely right about Cirie but please don't let the others listen to him! of course Cirie picked up on the Tom/Steph connection in the same way but I find it interesting that she was gunning for Steph. I don't think anyone mentioned eliminating Tom, even though he's clearly the brains of that duo. Lividmanda has already started with the crocodile tears during TC - Probst must have confused her into thinking she is already playing to the jury :lol:

That first challenge was brutal. I saw several instances of people putting their hands or feet in another person's throat. I can't believe Probst didn't set some rules :eek:

Those chickens were TOTALLY planted! :rofl: I'm so sure.....

Loved seeing Sandra and Boston Rob working so well together on the puzzle. Dare I say it? Boston Rob has mellowed and is almost enjoyable. Of course, based on the preview, I'm guessing that aliens have taken over him. Oh Rupert...I suspect he is not long for this season, and that's a ok with me. And Oh Russell...he comes in and knows he doesn't have a group of sheep who will just blindly follow him - and yet immediately starts running his alliance-with-everyone schemes that this group is going to see right through. No wonder he looked so down and out at the last finale.

Coach and Jerri? :scream: So I guess Coach isn't still with the woman who was made to stand up at the finale and defend her love for him? :lol:

I just realized that the wretched Jenna Morasca isn't there! :cheer2: My interest in the season just went up by a lot.

12. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Jenna wouldn't want to leave Ethan while he's dealing with his cancer, seeing that's exactly why she quit ASS the first time. And seeing how Probst hates Fairplay for quitting, I'm not sure how excited they would be to have her back anyway.

13. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Thoroughly enjoyed that - while it's fun to have all new people, it's a great help when you already know all 20 of them (well 19 - still can't remember a single thing about Danielle). Arguments about who should be there and who shouldn't aside, we have them now and it's a great cast.

Love the references to James' size as he ripples his way around camp. Love the bits of hero worship among them - speaking for all of us at home I think.

Love that Russell is already at it, employing his only slightly modified Dumb Brunette strategy. He knows full well that Parvati is smarter than that though, and my guess is while he does still believe he can control women to an extent, having a social mover like her on board is an advantage. I bet he's already thinking ahead to Amanda and Cirie with that move.

Interesting that there was no discussion of Russell's advantage/disadvantage situation.

Glad that some of you are coming on board the Rob Bus! FINALLY a Survivor who can make fire from nothing, and what a great juxtaposition with Tied Dyed One (who shall remain nameless as I am hopeful he will no longer be a factor sooner than later), who apparently can't make a fire (or a shelter, lest we forget) from anything.

But what's this? How could my Rob be passing out cold just a few days in? He's in great shape, and knows his way around. Gotta be a red herring, no? Any chance that he's faking it? Would it be too much to ask that he's drawing everyone, including the cameras, away from camp so that Russell can search for HIIs?

And how much do I love love love JT! Favourite Survivor of all time I think, especially now that I see him again:swoon: and find that he is just as likeable as before, and am reminded that he's also very smart. And already dominating at challenges, already having everyone come to him wanting to make alliances, and his name not coming up once in TC discussions. How blind are these people? He's a triple threat, and yet so charming they all just want to be around him, and I'd say there's a good possibility that they will happily write him a cheque for a million dollars by the time this is over.

WHY did the discussion land on Stephenie and not Tom? I certainly see them both as threats and having to be broken up, but why go after the one with no friends and let the one who will likely make friends with everyone and has a million dollars in the bank stay?

Once Cirie figures out Tom is targeting her, he's toast. She's already working her magic, but smartly knows when to step back. Boooo to Jeff for pointing out how she just gets better and better at this game.

Coach and Jerri - barf.

I know y'all hate Tyson, but I think it's clear why he's there - aside from being a great player (social and physical), he's hysterical! I'm really glad to see him back and very much look forward to being entertained by his commentary and game play.

Sandra and Rob getting along - love it! Wouldn't have thought it before, but it makes a lot of sense now that I see it. It's been so long since we've seen Sandra, even if most of us have long appreciated her game play, but I'm now reminded of why she did so well, and am loving her 'tude already.

For some reason I see Randy and Courtney making friends.

Candice and Colby are not really factors for me at this point - I'm neutral on both, although I did find Colby's shunning of Sugar hilarious.

So who left? Oh yeah Sugar. I've already forgotten her. :)

:rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin:

14. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

I'm thinking they want to keep Tom over Stephenie for strength, since the Villian tribe is prettywell-balanced with the Heroes strengthwise.

15. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

meh, if so not so smart. Stephenie is also very strong, and determined, but IMO poses far less a threat because it's Tom who is going to make friends, and it's Tom who has already won.

16. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Jenna left the 1st All Star show because her mom was quite ill with cancer (and died about a week later). Fairplay just walked around camp going 'vote me off'. They did a little clip on Jenna and Ethan last week in the preview show, so I don't think they hate her that much.

Oh, and Tyson's animal print Speedo needs to leave my screen. :scream:

17. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

The wardrobing is bizarre - some clearly got the short end of the stick with frilly little girls' bikini bottoms or boy shorts that look like retro underwear, and of course Tyson. And then others did fine - the tie dye and Red Sox cap signature items, Jerri's pashmina, a couple of cowboy hats. Very odd.

18. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

:scream: very creepy

19. genevieve

I think it's very possible that whatever's going on will resolve itself, but I would be shocked if even your sainted Boston Rob could fool the medical team. :lol: Plus I don't see him teaming up with Russell...especially where HIIs are concerned. Rob would rather search for them himself (if there was a shared plan for someone to do so). I do hope whatever happens isn't serious though.

Tyson is the wildcard here, even among a tribe of wildcards. He is snarky, smart, physical, and willing to do anything to win - but unlike Russell he doesn't need glory. I think he will learn from his mistakes the first time around - but it will be interesting to see how he maneuvers around the other wily alphas on his tribe. I was gonna make a guess on how far he'd go compared to Russell and Rob, but I need to see what's up with Rob's medical issue first as that could really change the game from almost the start.

Am really seeing how smart of players Parvati and Sandra are right away too. I hope they both make it far and don't get targeted by their own tribe because they're past winners. I think having more winners this time than the last ASS will help alleviate that target. personally, I'd be more interested in getting rid of Amanda, who's made it to the finals twice. I'd think the jury ultimately would look for a reason to not give someone the big prize a second time, whereas Amanda might have just figured out how to not fall apart in final TC.

JT is this season's Boston Rob from First ASS. If people don't see that he needs to go ASAP they're stupid.

20. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to enjoy this season of Survivor but who to root for? The Heroes have my 2 favorite female competitors: Stephanie & Amanda (Stephanie because I think she is the best woman to have ever played this game & Amanda because she's a Montana girl). The villains have the 2 most amusing men to watch...Boston Rob & Russell. I hope all the former winners get the boot early.

21. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Yeah I doubt it too - just being idealistic!

I have to think that by merge, Coach and Tyson will be waving warning flags all over the place.

What makes this interesting though is that there are so many targets for so many reasons - multi season players, established relationships (and I'm glad they aren't pretending they don't exist), past winners, strong physical players, strong social gamers.

In some ways I'm not surprised they got rid of Sugar first, because there are so many other targets that they need a bit of time to sort things out and prioritize - and of course they need to win.

22. genevieve

I agree about ditching Sugar first. There's time to sort out the big targets who need to leave, but if your tribe is decimated before the merge it doesn't matter how awesome you were to get rid of the biggest threats on your own tribe - your ass will be eliminated first (or as soon as possible) by the other tribe! Stephenie of all people knows that - and so does Tom, even if it's from the other side of it.

What I find interesting is how everyone seemed to gravitate toward people they'd already played with, even though it sets up obvious targets. Feels like last time that didn't really happen - probably because there were 3 tribes of 6 rather than 2 tribes of 10. On the Villains side, the only people who've played together before are Coach and Tyson...and I don't see them becoming an alliance. I do think it's possible that Parvati would set something up to join with Amanda, Cirie, maybe James if they all make it to the merge - I forget what was said, but she piped up really quickly when her tribe said something about Amanda or Cirie and kind of deflected attention off them. But on the Heroes side, you've got not only two groups that played together but each have very strong players. Not to mention that for Cirie/Amanda/James, it's the 3rd time playing for each of them. I see them being a target before Tom/Steph, who were not in an alliance in their original season. Of course, they've got someone playing for a 3rd time and a winner, so maybe their target will be just as big. I wonder if the other 4 left on the Heroes tribe will come together - I kinda doubt it, as Rupert seems to gravitate toward leadership and Colby just seems happy to be back. I think Candice has the biggest hunger and will be the most strategic of the non-linked group and JT will just do what he does and make everyone fall in love with him again :p

BTW, the blinding whiteness of Colby's teeth is really disturbing.

23. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Who the hell is Courtney?

24. genevieve

Courtney Yates! from China!

She was recruited, knew nothing about Survivor, hated everything, was terrible at all challenges, made friends with Todd, and came in 2nd in the game. She's awesome!!!

25. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Let the Games Begin. Love that Survivor is back. I really enjoyed the 2 hr premiere.
    Ramblings...
    Jerri & Coach - perfect for each other, just hope they do not procreate.
    Love how the Heroes are happy with their label and some of the Villains don't get theirs. Same as me.
    But some of the heroes, like Amanda, should be in a 3rd category - 'Whatever'
    Glad others do not remember Candice or Danielle. They look familiar, but can't remember anything about them.
    Rupert - I really liked him at the beginning of Pearl Islands, until he freaked after TC wanting to know who voted for him. He is so useless.
    Boston Rob - I have always enjoyed him, and hope he is ok.
    Makes sense the Villains are going to have certain issues/clashes, there are some strong personalities over in the that group, many are all about themselves.
    Cirie - love her, always have. Hope she does not get booted. I think Tom and her would be awesome together.
    Tom - love him, find him attractive in a real way.
    Stephanie - whatever
    Sandra - glad she is back. She and Boston Rob would be fun.
    Russell - so entertaining. How much did the others see of his season?
    James - seems a little more aware of the game this time. Just keep his shirt off and I will be happy.
    Amanda - loved her comment in TC and James' complement. Has she evolved/matured?
    Sugar - so glad she is gone. she did not annoy in her original season nearly as much as last night.
    Parvarti talking with Rusell - so funny.
    Probably will record and watch the next few episodes after Olys.

26. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Nothing - filming began before Russell's season began to air. And yet, they seem to have a pretty good sense of what type of person he is, so where did that come from?

I'm still puzzled that there's been no discussion of the uniqueness of his position - he knows all of them, but they don't know him, which is both an advantage and a disadvantage. Maybe that will come when the Villains have to go to TC.

27. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

Tom would have been smart to stick to his orig idea of getting rid of Cirie

28. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

If I was on the Hero's tribe, I'd find a way to get rid of JT before the merge. He's already shown how good he is on challenges, he'll be murder in individual immunity challeges.

BTW, I loved that JT got in with Tom. JT was real smart to understand that he needs to be in the final two with a previous winner or his chances will be much lower than they should be.

Gotta keep Tyson around just for his confessionals!

BTW, while Sugar was useless, I thought the concept of getting Cirie out quickly was a good one.

Intersting how Sandra is showing a lot more eville than her first time. She could be dangerous.

No way Rupert makes the merge. Gotta figure that his toe will impact his gameplay whether he likes it or not.

BTW, I will be really pissed if Amanda makes it to the finals again, because she will blow it in FTC, I guarantee you.

All in all, I really great start to the new season. :respec:

29. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I'd love for that to happen, just so we can all laugh at her going down in flames for a third time :EVILLE:

30. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

I have to think that they must have been shown/told something from his season. Parvati and Danielle both seemed to have his number instantly and while I think they're both smarter than they've been given credit for, I'm not sure that they could have figured it out quite that quickly.

I think the season is off to a great start, and I'm happy that dead weight Sugar is gone.

So far, I love Sandra, Boston Rob, Parvati, Courtney (the "break her shoulder" remark was a bit over the top but her snarkiness is still totally awesome), Stephenie, Amanda, Cirie. Candice seems a lot cooler and more strategic this go-around. JT and Colby are always welcome in my book, but they didn't seem to do a whole lot this round. And just the idea of Coach and Jerri as a couple was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen on the show. Amazingly, Jerri (who I became OK with on the first ASS) makes even Coach tolerable, something I didn't think was possible.

Only big-time hate so far is for Rupert and his stupid ego. Loved the juxtaposition of his failure to make fire with flint against Boston Rob's success without it.