Survivor Caramoan (Season 26)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

Survivor Sucks has changed its name to Survivor Was Actually Pretty Decent This Week :lol:.

genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  2. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:rofl: Yes .. Phillip is gone!! And once again it was Eric (uh, that is his name, right?) is the only clueless one who doesn't vote with his alliance, even though it really didn't matter. Although, I would have liked Malcolm to play it differently to create even a bigger blindside than he did. Everyone knew he had that one Idol, but not the second. He should have waited until Jeff asked for any HII's, give up his, then go 'oh by the way Jeff, I have a second Idol and I'm giving it to Eddie', so they REALLY would not have seen it coming at all. Kinda killed the suspense once everyone knew all 3 of the outsiders were safe.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  3. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I wonder if Eric was not really clueless, but saw a chance to get rid of Phillip. He was complaining about Phillip earlier in the episode.

I, too, am rooting for Cochran. He is freakin' hilarious.

4. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

As much as I enjoyed watching Cochran his first time -- this time he's even better! Cochran FTW!!

5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Haven't been watching all season but watched this one based on the previews. Erik actually did a very smart thing assuming he wanted Philip out - he was the one who pointed out the possibility that they might not use both idols, in which case Philip might still be there. That and Philip's advice kept everyone on plan, when they otherwise would have had to turn on each other and break the alliance apart.

Interesting that Jeff only showed three of Philip's votes, so the larger alliance don't know that one of their own voted with the boys.

One question - last week there was discussion here that the Idol Malcolm used was actually Reynold's and Malcolm talked him into giving it to him. Really? When he already had one? And then he voted against Reynold? Really? Wow.

I might actually watch the rest of this season :)

6. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I think Malcolm is trying to gauge the situation by telling everyone they have two idols and voting for Phillip to see if he can get a sign that everyone will switch to Phillip. That way he can save his idol for future use but I guess when Erik mentioned the idols still need to be played and Phillip said everyone should vote according to plan, he knew he had to play his.

And OMG BRENDA HAD A CONFESSIONAL THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cochran FTW!!

7. Prancer

The last couple of weeks have been good and not too Phillip heavy--relatively speaking.

But yay that he is gone. Strategically, it was a stupid move. Phillip is a great goat. But I don't care--he's gone and may he never return to play another day.

8. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was an awesome oppourtunity by Malcolm to take out anyone he wanted, but it was wasted on Phillip. Phillip was never going to win the game...he'd have been smarter to take out anyone BUT him and it would have impacted the alliance much more.

My guess is, though, Malcolm was really trying some insane misdirect by being SO vocal at TC about what their plan was. I really do think he was hoping the tribe would freak out and vote out Phillip (or better yet, Andrea, like Brenda was pushing for) themselves, so one or more idols could live to see another day. Which very well could have happened, but Erik's voice of reason broke through and put an end to that...you saw how Malcolm's face sort of fell when he heard Erik state the obvious.

9. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Maybe they thought Philip was an easier sell. If they had said they were voting out someone else stronger, the reaction might have been no way; this way, they managed to get one person over to their plan, which may seem insignificant now, but it's the first crack in that alliance that they now need to exploit over the next three days.

Indeed, and the point could have easily been missed in the scramble to regroup.

10. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

BEST. TC. EVER.

Philip was so gross washing himself and going naked in the pool when there were 4 other people also sharing it.

11. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I don't think it was such a bad move to eliminate Philip. Next week should be fun to see who of the Stealth Alliance will take over. That could cause a huge crack. They really all seem to be followers rather than leaders & Cochran is the only one with a real understanding of the game. Great episode!

12. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Why isn't anyone targeting Cochran? Or maybe there are? They all like him, and he's not even trying to hide how much he knows about the game (not to mention they've all seen him play before), so surely they recognize that he could easily win this? And likely get the fan favourite as well?

13. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

:lol: It only took Dawn losing her teeth for Brenda to get some airtime.

14. Prancer

Because he isn't an immunity challenge threat--even though he won one. Everyone regarded that as a funny fluke.

In some ways, Cochran is like the female players at this point, just standing by and letting the macho dudes take each other out.

15. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I wonder how Cochran would do in one of the endurance type challenges that usually come near the end - the ones that are about will as much as strength. And didn't they used to do some quizzing way, way back? How much you knew about the location or the other players? And there are some challenges where figuring out the trick to it can make a huge difference - Penner was good at that, and I think JT as well IIRC.

If he makes it to final TC, he'll be able to out talk them all, even if he can't claim any huge strategic moves, and if he has one challenge win, at least he's not going in there completely lame, especially if the others don't have a lot either.

I want him to win :)

16. halffull

halffull The most wonderful time of the year :)

I'd love to see Cochran win too. With sweet little Brenda as a runner up and Malcolm rounding out the top 3.

17. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

He has a very good case to win... he has been letting others do the dirty work to this point, and now he has a chance to-- when the jury is being assembled -- to play his game. He has to get rid of the muscle to make this happen, and that shouldn't be too difficult at this point given that it is still 6-3. He would be silly to side with them because he has a better shot against the other players. He will handily defeat anybody in his alliance, so he just has to get rid of the beefcakes.

This was one of the most satisfying episodes in a long time. The drama-- whether you are for or against the power alliance-- was FANTASTIC! I love that Cochran said exactly what I was thinking. How exciting for 'one of us' to get to live this very interesting tribal council. I wish that Brenda were more of a factor-- she could have been so much more. All she would need to do is pull the beefcakes together, and then lead them to slaughter. It would be that easy for her.

Norlite and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

But would it be smart to have some beefies with you at final TC? Because the rest of the crew left likes and respects Cochran, and are more likely to give him the win than the guys, no? And they don't think he's a threat if they value immunity prowess (and remember at this point in the chronology, Malcolm still thinks that if he had made final TC the first time, he would have won)?

Cochran would have to be tricky of course, and continue to get others to do his dirty work as you say he's been doing, so that no one realizes who he really wants sitting next to him. For that matter, if you were Cochran, who would you want sitting next to you?

Agree that it's huge fan to have an actual fan on the show, who's speaking our words and playing the way so many of us have said we would from our couches :lol:

19. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

What do you have against beefcakes? Hopefully Reynolds and Eddie have seen Dawn's season, so they won't fall for the hot-chick-trick again :p. Admittedly it'll be hard for the three amigos to hang on as a group after this.

20. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I agree that Malcolm should have waited to reveal the other idol so the rest didn't have time to whisper among themselves.

21. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I get the impression that it's Jeff who decides when it's time to vote, so Malcolm had no control over how much time there would have been, unless you mean he should have not said anything, but just played it after the vote.

I do think they wanted to create chaos and have the bigger alliance scramble and turn on each other. Otherwise, they could have easily kept the second idol hidden and let everyone vote as planned, knowing their votes would result in Philip leaving. It seems they wanted more, and they got it - before Philip said let's stick to the plan and Eric pointed out that they might not play all the idols, Andrea's name was being thrown around, and further, internal dealing was suddenly out in the open for all to see who was talking/listening to who and what names were going round.

Now, with that alliance down a member and Andrea potentially knowing that she's on the bottom of that totem pole, they have a good chance of recruiting her to their side, and exploiting other cracks in that alliance.

Long term planning is good in Survivor, but a lot of times all you really need to do is buy yourself another three days - the three of them did that, and got a head start and changing the landscape in advance of the next TC.

22. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

That would be the obvious thing to do, but I really think Malcolm was trying to hang onto one or both of his idols by causing confusion and getting the majority aliance to vote out Phillip (or another one of their own) on their own. It nearly worked too, but Erik's voice of reason prevailed.

23. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!! Great episode. Cochrane for the win! I think he is under the radar, the strong guys and Andrea seems to be on everyones mind. If he plays it right, he could make it to the end. But I did appreciate Malcolm this episode, yes he could of done things a bit differently, but he was playing the game, moving pieces on the chessboard, which I really like, no emotional stuff. Please more Brenda. Hard to believe this is the same person as last time she played.

24. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought Malcolm should have waited until the after the vote when Jeff asks if anyone has the HII....then give him his and give the other one away. I think by giving early he gave the others a chance plan, even though it was fast and quiet. Anyone who would have given their vote to 'fill-up' would have already voted for him anyway.

25. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

What I found interesting is when Dawn had her meltdown, and let out that almost death scream and cried "help me help me", Brenda was the only person who came running! No one else came to see what was happening! Do I remember that right?!

26. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Dawn yelled for Brenda specifically. But yes, I thought it was weird that no one else jumped up to help as well.

27. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Didn't I hear that she's had quite a few meltdowns this season? Perhaps everyone figured that Brenda was dealing with it this time?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Brenda was awesome.

29. Ares

Ares Guest

I think Malcolm did a good job revealing the plan when he did. We saw who everyone was gunning for (Brenda surprisingly strong toward Andrea) and where the 3 amigos could infiltrate. Also I think his speech about how this game is supposed to be fun, not militaristic is exactly the thing Erik would play into (although I don't believe Malcolm believes that himself).

The whole Dawn teeth thing, while ridiculous, did reveal Brenda's tightness with Dawn. I think she's sticking with the Dawn/Cochran alliance no matter what.

As much as I hated Phillip he did seem to be the glue holding things in that alliance together. Andrea was maneuvering Phillip around to achieve her plans, but with him gone she's left without a shield and clearly people are already paranoid she's playing both sides. Also Sherri seemed to be linked primarily through Phillip (her new Shamar). Has anyone else in the alliance even talked to her?

I can't wait until next week to see how things fall out. And no Phillip :cheer2:

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  30. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

But Sheri is the perfect goat. It seems no one likes her at this point in the game.